• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I have a ton of ammo why am I so reluctant to go to the range. I feel like I can’t replace it as easily obviously. I said in a prior post I have about 1 thousand rounds of 556 and 4 to 5 thousand 9mm. I might shoot 500 rounds on range day but don’t even want to go.

That isnt a lot of ammo sir.....

Response from TS regarding sale pricing on Federal HST and Speer Gold Dot. Was to be expected but figured it couldnt hurt to ask.

Due to the limited amounts of ammo in stock currently we cannot run the special right now as we don’t have enough stock to support a sale of that magnitude.

I have a ton of ammo why am I so reluctant to go to the range. I feel like I can’t replace it as easily obviously. I said in a prior post I have about 1 thousand rounds of 556 and 4 to 5 thousand 9mm. I might shoot 500 rounds on range day but don’t even want to go.

A ton? A ton of 5.56 is 71,428 rounds. I’m impressed.

Kind of off subject but are ammo cans the best way for long term term storage

Anything that has a waterproof seal is going to be effective. I don’t use them because they take up too much room in the cabinet and it’s easier to stack the boxes. Toss in a Zerust pod in each box and you’ll be good to go for a while. I have a few in my cabinet even though it’s all indoors and climate controlled. It’s probably overkill, but for the cost, why not?

I have some WWII .30-06 ammo for the Garand that has been in a US ammo can for a loooong time. Shoots Fine...
(smells funny and rifle gets a full cleaning each outing though...)

So much for discrete over-box packaging. LOL. At least it was dropped at the back porch.

I agree with the theory that the case orders are quick ship. Ordered on Sunday night. On the doorstep this afternoon. Thanks TSUSA!!!!

Don’t mind the shoes - my wife is a RN and I told her to keep her covid shoes outside. [laugh]

922E2482-9B06-4C16-9D9A-E5CC28A651D1.jpeg

Still nothing on my 17 MAR or my 25 MAR orders.

I should note the order I placed on the 16th came on the 20th, but that was a case, so I think that is why my order on the 17th hasn't shipped.

But the order on the 25th was for 2 cases so who the [beep] knows at this point?

Kind of off subject but are ammo cans the best way for long term term storage

That's how I primarily store mine. The .30 cal cans are easy to put a lock on without having to do anything to the can. The larger 50 cal cans need a little modifying. I found that drilling out the existing hole on the handle with a step bit (5/8" I think) is enough to be able to fit a lock through and lock it to the lower handle. No drilling through the can at all.

I'm not trying to rub it in to those who have had delivery issues with TSUSA, but I honestly feel that their delivery time to me has gotten faster ever since they put up the "expect delays" message. It was never bad to begin with, generally three to four days from when I placed an order, but the last two times it's been within two days.

This is kind of interesting, my 03/31 order is arriving today and my 03/27 order is awaiting a tracking number. I guess its possible they put them all in one box, I won't know till it gets here later.

1B078A18-D271-427F-BCE8-12041572E191_1_201_a.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom