• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

My order placed on the 13th was received on the 27th. I then placed another order on the 27th and I already received tracking info on the 28th.

They only have carry 9mm I have been checking every morning.
When SHTF happens, you want the most lethal, dependable, consistent ammo you can carry...

Most folks think they need stacks of practice/range ammo. I disagree.

Buy "carry ammo" while it's still available, now.

Emergencies are no time to be frugal...

When SHTF happens, you want the most lethal, dependable, consistent ammo you can carry...

This.

FYI TS has 50% off sales of Fed HST a couple times a year. With prime, a case ends up being $390 with tax.
Also if you don't know if your carry ammo runs reliably with your carry gun you are doing it wrong.

This.

FYI TS has 50% off sales of Fed HST a couple times a year. With prime, a case ends up being $390 with tax.
Also if you don't know if your carry ammo runs reliably with your carry gun you are doing it wrong.
For a good while its been 50% off HST in the first week of the month and also 50% off Speer Gold Dot once a month as well. Its crazy not to order a box or two a month for half off and let it pile up

Excuse my naïveté, but I’d think the best thing was whatever you can get in the highest quantity, right? When it comes down to it, how much better is two JHPs compared to three FMJ rounds?

i’m not trying to be combative. Honest question.

Excuse my naïveté, but I’d think the best thing was whatever you can get in the highest quantity, right? When it comes down to it, how much better is two JHPs compared to three FMJ rounds?

i’m not trying to be combative. Honest question.
Not taken as such, and I see your point.
My opinion is; that those two JHP's will stop an attacker faster than those 3 FMJs, Reliably.
Consider this: Defensive ammo is manufactured to higher standards and the likelihood of failure is much lower than say a Winchester White Box.
If you need to defend yourself, and not just punch holes in paper, JHPs win.
That goes the same for 6 months ago as well as 6 months from now...

I also think that if the only ammo available is Defensive, you should buy and be very happy. You are not at a loss...

If we're down to WWB for self defense... all is lost.

Last edited:
For a good while its been 50% off HST in the first week of the month and also 50% off Speer Gold Dot once a month as well. Its crazy not to order a box or two a month for half off and let it pile up
I think they stopped the 50% off at least during this time because I looked on the 26th and it wasn't half off.

This is what I have been doing. 3-4 a month. Prime.

Last edited:
I think they stopped the 50% off at least during this time because I looked on the 26th and it wasn't half off.
Iirc, I looked back through my emails from them and it seemed like they went on sale in the first week of every month. The next week or so will tell the tale.

Yes that right there has been the plan, and Prime made it easy to do in small batches, it has added up to 800 HST, 600 Gold Dot, and 100 Ranger T-Series thrown in for good measure in 9mm. And about half that again in .45 Auto.

I think it doubtful they will have the 1/2 off sales for the time being, but for folks that missed that boat I am hopeful things will settle eventually and you will have your chance to start stacking it.

🐯

P.S.> For those keeping score... The shotgun slugs I ordered on the 3/25 got a tracking number today.

Not taken as such, and I see your point.
My opinion is; that those two JHP's will stop an attacker faster than those 3 FMJs, Reliably.
Consider this: Defensive ammo is manufactured to higher standards and the likelihood of failure is much lower than say a Winchester White Box.
If you need to defend yourself, and not just punch holes in paper, JHPs win.
That goes the same for 6 months ago as well as 6 months from now...

I also think that if the only ammo available is Defensive, you should buy and be very happy. You are not at a loss...

If we're down to WWB for self defense... all is lost.
For those that follow lucky gunner gel test results. I bought .45acp Winchester Ranger T, 230 gr., standard velocity, when it was available. After the fact, "Lucky Gunner gel test results" showed that this ammo consistently expands to .70 caliber in gel tests. Those are some large holes. No factory FMJ range ammo can do that at any price. I have some great 9mm ammo too, but for this covid 19 outbreak, I'm loading my .45's with Ranger T. Please listen to enbloc on this issue NES. Load with the very best carry ammunition that you can.

For those that follow lucky gunner gel test results. I bought .45acp Winchester Ranger T, 230 gr., standard velocity, when it was available. After the fact, "Lucky Gunner gel test results" showed that this ammo consistently expands to .70 caliber in gel tests. Those are some large holes. No factory FMJ range ammo can do that at any price. I have some great 9mm ammo too, but for this covid 19 outbreak, I'm loading my .45's with Ranger T. Please listen to enbloc on this issue NES. Load with the very best carry ammunition that you can.

Agreed, but I will add that sometimes the best ammo you can carry is the one you load on your own. Stay safe!

The case of Wolf Gold I ordered yesterday already has a tracking # and is awaiting shipment. Great news.

No progress on the Critical Duty 9mm that was ordered on 3/26.

Yeah......that ship has sailed for now I'm sure. I bought cheap and stacked deep. Buyers now are paying full retard.

I took advantage of the HST sales over the past couple of years, as it is my favorite choice for my 9 mm and 45 acp firearms. Even on sale, the price still hurts a bit, but I now sit on approximately 4k rounds across the two calibers.

For those that got caught short, you really do need to follow this advice to buy cheap and stack it deep. It's too late once things go sideways.

I just received part of my order from TSUSA, 1000 rnds. AE223, but did not receive the 5k rnds of AE .22 LR I ordered. I checked the website for "my orders" and there's no indication the .22 LR did not ship. My charge card was charged for the complete order. I sent an e-mail since they are not answering the phone, hopefully I get it before there is no more!

Back
Top Bottom