• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

No. Some have received a card and freebies. If you're only buying by the case, then your break even point is ordering $1,187.50 worth of ammo per year.
just to quibble a tad... doesn't really matter what you buy.... (ok i guess some tings are discounted more heavily than others?) but basically if you spend that $$$## ----effectively $1200 bux-- in a YEAR (12 MONTHS)... then you will break even. Anything after that is pure profit/savings depending on how you look at it. I don't have a dog in the fight...but damn, I'm saving 50% a box on .40 compared to my LGS. That's a shit ton of moola. The LGS is pretty close on 9mm which is awesome... but my G23 is the gun I like to shoot the most. $16/box is painful....$10.57 is not.

And if you don't spend enough to recoup the prime membership price they refund you the difference so there is no way to lose money. If you have another source that ships ammo to MA cheaper then great but to me this is an easy choice.

And if you don't spend enough to recoup the prime membership price they refund you the difference so there is no way to lose money. If you have another source that ships ammo to MA cheaper then great but to me this is an easy choice.
The three things that have stopped me from signing up thus far are:
a.) they are out of Tokarev ammo
b.) since they do free shipping on cases already, I expect the only real savings I'll see is when ordering a box or two here or there (I guess the 8% discount would add up over time). Things like self-defense ammo or 303 British when I need more cases, etc. where I don't need a case but don't want to pay LGS prices or deal with availability.
c.) I figured I might as well save up a bit to place a good sized order when I do sign up, so I don't have my membership activated and then sit on it for a month with no orders.

I don't really see the "refund the difference" incentive as a huge motivator since you then effectively paid regular shipping prices on everything for the duration of the year. It's a way to not eat the lost money, but it's a win-win for them in that you either prepaid shipping (they don't end up eating it as they only refund the difference) or you ordered a ton of stuff (in which case...you ordered a ton of stuff, so they make a profit).

Still, for a few boxes of some calibers I don't shoot very often, it could come in handy. I was a bit disappointed when I ordered a case a couple weeks ago and tried to add a few extra boxes of different stuff to the cart, and it's not "whole order ships free" so I ended up removing those items.

upload_2018-5-23_9-54-37.png
Does this imply renewals are cheaper than new memberships?

I don't really see the "refund the difference" incentive as a huge motivator since you then effectively paid regular shipping prices on everything for the duration of the year. It's a way to not eat the lost money, but it's a win-win for them in that you either prepaid shipping (they don't end up eating it as they only refund the difference) or you ordered a ton of stuff (in which case...you ordered a ton of stuff, so they make a profit).

I've made a bunch of small orders and the "total savings" counter appears to only factor in the 8% discount, not the shipping (e.g. if I made an order that would normally be $50 + shipping, I pay $46, saving $4, and the "total savings" counter goes up by $4).

I've made a bunch of small orders and the "total savings" counter appears to only factor in the 8% discount, not the shipping (e.g. if I made an order that would normally be $50 + shipping, I pay $46, saving $4, and the "total savings" counter goes up by $4).
Oh wow, in that case then sign me up!
I figured that the free shipping would constitute the bulk of the "make your money back" element so that was some of my concern (basically I was figuring that buying a membership was prepaying for c.$100 worth of shipping charges for a year with the hope you'd spend enough that you would have paid more than that over the course of the year, plus the 8% discount. If it truly is "free shipping" with the refund towards whatever you didn't save based on the 8%, that alone probably makes it worth it.
Thanks for point this out.

Didn't know about the "total savings" thing. Checked, seems since December I've saved $75 and change NOT including shipping savings. So I've spent almost $1000 on ammo JUST FROM THEM in 5 months. Two grand plus on an annual basis, but guaranteed to be more with summer coming!

Yeah, F-U Maura!

Mystery box - Be careful! It could be that this whole thing was a sham to frame gun owners. You get this big-ass Mystery Box from TSUSA and it turns out to be Maura Healy inside ready to serve you with an arrest warrant. LOL

I tell her to kiss my ass and put her out on the curb with the rest of the garbage.

Mystery box - Be careful! It could be that this whole thing was a sham to frame gun owners. You get this big-ass Mystery Box from TSUSA and it turns out to be Maura Healy inside ready to serve you with an arrest warrant. LOL

Well, when the order showed up I was uncovering the access hatch on the septic tank, and the Mystery Box accidentally fell in. Bummer. Maybe when they pump it tomorrow she'll turn up.

Or something like her previous evening’s hookup in the big ass mystery box

E56C0324-5711-4498-A801-C98E26005102.png

Would anyone like to go in on an order together in the Worcester area? I don't have enough of any one kind of ammo to warrant the shipping (I think). Looking for: 9mm FMJ (4-6 boxes?), 9mm carry (Telos? other?), .357 (4 boxes?), .38 Special (4 boxes), 9mm Makarov (4 boxes), .22LR (half a case?), 8mm Mauser, or some sort of combo of these.

Would anyone like to go in on an order together in the Worcester area? I don't have enough of any one kind of ammo to warrant the shipping (I think). Looking for: 9mm FMJ (4-6 boxes?), 9mm carry (Telos? other?), .357 (4 boxes?), .38 Special (4 boxes), 9mm Makarov (4 boxes), .22LR (half a case?), 8mm Mauser, or some sort of combo of these.
Good luck, but sounds like you would be a pain to do this with. A box may be ripped, the order may not be exactly what you “think” you ordered. You could be a tightwad skinflint. Just buy what you need and have it shipped. Thanks.

cut what you're looking for in half and get a prime membership, you can just order (pay) the membership w/o placing an ammo order

If you don't meet the cost of membership after a year you'll get reimbursed the difference

Good luck, but sounds like you would be a pain to do this with. A box may be ripped, the order may not be exactly what you “think” you ordered. You could be a tightwad skinflint. Just buy what you need and have it shipped. Thanks.

Gee, thanks. Actually, I would do any combo of these, and thought I was giving more options. I did not mean I wanted that EXACT combination. I was trying to give choices.

cut what you're looking for in half and get a prime membership, you can just order (pay) the membership w/o placing an ammo order

If you don't meet the cost of membership after a year you'll get reimbursed the difference

I will need to re-read that when I'm not quite so hot and impatient. Thanks for the tip.

Love these guys, ordered 1000 S&B last night and it’s processed and ready to ship already. No complaints at all with ordering from them.
Simmer down sprout. In my experience theyre very good at processing and readying, doesnt mean its going to ship. My idea of "processed and ready to ship" seems to differ from theirs.
Signed,
The guy who has waited multiple weeks after getting the ready-to-ship notice, on more than one occasion.

(hope yours is delivered in a timely fashion, Im just a little cynical at this point)

Simmer down sprout. In my experience theyre very good at processing and readying, doesnt mean its going to ship. My idea of "processed and ready to ship" seems to differ from theirs.
Signed,
The guy who has waited multiple weeks after getting the ready-to-ship notice, on more than one occasion.

Have always had my shipments in 5 days or less, we’ll see.

Have always had my shipments in 5 days or less, we’ll see.
Ive been 50/50 with them. Sometimes they ship quick, sometimes Ive had to call after 10-12 days and gotten the "oh yeah it'll ship today" line. Overall theyre great, especially considering the way they told Maura to f*ck off. Ive just been a bit disappointed by them more than once. If you cant ship for a week, just say so, its no big deal. Dont tell me its ready and then make me have to call customer service a week and a half later.

Thanks for putting up with my venting. :)

Ive been 50/50 with them. Sometimes they ship quick, sometimes Ive had to call after 10-12 days and gotten the "oh yeah it'll ship today" line. Overall theyre great, especially considering the way they told Maura to f*ck off. Ive just been a bit disappointed by them more than once. If you cant ship for a week, just say so, its no big deal. Dont tell me its ready and then make me have to call customer service a week and a half later.

Thanks for putting up with my venting. :)
I hear ya, with my luck I’ll have to wait two weeks now. I agree with all of the above. We all have to vent, it’s a good place to do it seems.

Back
Top Bottom