• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

So I bit the bullet (pun intended) and went prime last week.

My question is if I dont reach the $95 in discounts does the difference get credited to ones account or does it allow me to reup next year with the difference discounted then.

For those of us with a cabinet full of CCI for a rainy day. They recently started stocking Aguila HV 38gr PHP at $0.04 per round (Prime)

Have you test fired it? I had high hopes for the Auguila 40gr plated since I've had great luck with the Aguila target ammo from the CMP. Unfortunately there was too much wax and it gummed up my Ruger 22/45 mags to the point it wouldn't feed the next round.

No admittedly I have not yet. I bought two bricks of it (1000 rds), when I take it out I will be sure and run some through my Mark IV and try and remember to drop you a PM to report.

@eisenhow and anyone else that wondered.
I finally got around to taking some out and shot 150 rounds of it yesterday with the Mark IV. There were no failures and no issues with the mags. And the copper "plate" on the projectiles was not easily rubbed off or excessively wax-like so I do not anticipate build up with with further use.

:emoji_tiger:

They are delivering a few hunnert rounds of 75gr low-flash .223 to me today. I think I ordered it on Friday. Shipped yesterday. They still seem to be up to the eyeballs in business. Good for them!

So I bit the bullet (pun intended) and went prime last week.

My question is if I dont reach the $95 in discounts does the difference get credited to ones account or does it allow me to reup next year with the difference discounted then.
They are getting a new customer in me the next time I need ammo.

If somebody has the fine print on the Prime membership rules - I am interested.

They are getting a new customer in me the next time I need ammo.

If somebody has the fine print on the Prime membership rules - I am interested.
$95/year. The discount is 8% an all purchases along with free shipping on everything regardless of quantity. Non-Prime is free ship on bulk orders only. If you dont save at least the cost of your membership, they refund you the difference. So if you add up the total savings for a year and its $80, they owe you $15. Theyre in CT so they typically ship pretty quickly, barring some panic or whatever. Not such a great selection of reloading components or shotgun shells if thats your thing.

Last edited:
Fedex left my ammo shipment at the door again. I was inside the house, he didn't knock or ring the bell. WTH!
Good thing was, couple thousand rounds of ammo made it hard for the thief carrying it around. ya, it's darn heavy.

Fedex left my ammo shipment at the door again. I was inside the house, he didn't knock or ring the bell. WTH!
Good thing was, couple thousand rounds of ammo made it hard for the thief carrying it around. ya, it's darn heavy.
Yeah, they're packing two cases of ammo into one box now. Used to be delivered with each case separate and easier to handle especially for oldsters with bad backs like me. Probably cheaper for them to ship that way though so you can't blame them for doing it.

Yeah, they're packing two cases of ammo into one box now. Used to be delivered with each case separate and easier to handle especially for oldsters with bad backs like me. Probably cheaper for them to ship that way though so you can't blame them for doing it.
Just have them ship one case to me, that way you'll only have to carry one[rofl][rofl][rofl]

I’m in an apartment situation in the city so, I need two questions answered before I pull the trigger on an order(I need to build some stock up)

1. Do you need to sogn for delivery? If yes, it’s a no go.

2. Is it inconspicuous packaging? Other people are going to see these boxes. Not that I care, but I’d prefer to not advertise to others that I’ve just purchased a few thousand rounds of ammo. I’m in the city remember, if it’s going to be an issue I’d just assume take a ride out to the Walpole wally world.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

1. No, not unless you select “adult sign for delivery” and/or your local FedEx office has decided that your apartment requires signature for all deliveries due to previous reported theft.

2. Select “discrete overbox packaging” as a check-out option

I’m in an apartment situation in the city so, I need two questions answered before I pull the trigger on an order(I need to build some stock up)

2. Is it inconspicuous packaging? Other people are going to see these boxes. Not that I care, but I’d prefer to not advertise to others that I’ve just purchased a few thousand rounds of ammo. I’m in the city remember, if it’s going to be an issue I’d just assume take a ride out to the Walpole wally world.

1. No

2. Sort of, meaning mostly stuff comes in the typical brown box. Iirc, once or twice its come in a white box with the TARGETSPORTSUSA logo on it. Maybe someone would see that and be able to put two and two together, but other than that, theres no other firearms references or graphics on the packaging.

Just tell them youre into archery. Thats pretty harmless sounding to normies I would think.

If we were neighbors, I’d help you out!

Examples of items classed ORM-D include:

Aerosol cans
Charcoal
Drain openers[citation needed]
Lighters
Nitromethane fuel[citation needed]
Perfumes
Small arms ammunition[1] (not shipped as Consumer Commodity)[2]
Soldering flux
Some photographic chemicals

ORM-D or the blatant blue ORM-D "Cartridges Small Arms" stickers?

I had to stop ordering from another vendor because of those damn things causing a stir in my multifamily building.

If it says “Consumer Commodity” that’s fine.
“Cartridges-Small Arms” is a little less ok. I’ll just have to tell them it’s special printer ink for my pet T-Rex.

If you've had problems with packages disappearing where you are I might make different arrangements. Otherwise, you're probably fine.

They don’t disappear, ever. It’s just the neighbors are less approving of the second amendment. I like them, and have to deal with them daily, so I’d rather not have to deal with their questions.

Can you have it redirected to the nearest Fedex office (that has been the shipper for all of my orders so far)? Then you could go there and pick it up. I used to do that with UPS when i had a landlord that would accept my packages for me.

Can you have it redirected to the nearest Fedex office (that has been the shipper for all of my orders so far)? Then you could go there and pick it up. I used to do that with UPS when i had a landlord that would accept my packages for me.

Hadn’t thought of that. I’ll have to look in to it. My wife drives by the FedEx facility in Westwood on her way home from work.

Back
Top Bottom