• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Still cheap by carry ammo standards. I'm guessing they had a lot more of it hanging around in 2019......
Agreed and the stuff is peppy. The PMC 45 hollows are about the same exact price and if I didn’t grab craploads of Federal hi-shok I would gobble those up too. Yes, I can be a skinflint from time to time.

Agreed and the stuff is peppy. The PMC 45 hollows are about the same exact price and if I didn’t grab craploads of Federal hi-shok I would gobble those up too. Yes, I can be a skinflint from time to time.
The problem with some of the cheap 45 carry ammo though is it acts like ball of course somebody might have run some tests on the PMC and it might do okay. Results could be surprising I wonder if tnoutdoors9 has ever tested any of it... Thankfully I probably have about a thousand rounds of good crap between 230gr gold dots, Win Ra45t, Fed HST, and Hornady critical duty all of which are pretty much top performers....

The problem with some of the cheap 45 carry ammo though is it acts like ball of course somebody might have run some tests on the PMC and it might do okay. Results could be surprising I wonder if tnoutdoors9 has ever tested any of it... Thankfully I probably have about a thousand rounds of good crap between 230gr gold dots, Win Ra45t, Fed HST, and Hornady critical duty all of which are pretty much top performers....
Gold Dots are tops especially when TS did the fire sale at half off.

The problem with some of the cheap 45 carry ammo though is it acts like ball of course somebody might have run some tests on the PMC and it might do okay.

PMC Starfire HP? You might as well be shooting ball, no expansion to speak of and over penetration right out the back of a 16" gel block and halfway through a second. Not really hot though average muzzle velocity of just 742 fps, I would be willing to bet Winchester WB would match that.

Link to ballistic gel test...

🐯

Last edited:
Local shop had ammo at pretty much TS ammo prices after shipping so I snatched some up instead of ordering. No membership here. 62gr instead 55gr too. Should have grabbed more 9mm too....are they shipping quickly again?

Last edited:
Local shop had ammo at pretty much TS ammo prices after shipping so I snatched some up instead of ordering. No membership here. 62gr instead 55gr too. Should have grabbed more 9mm too....are they shipping quickly again?

I got 5.56 Winchester WB M855 locally cheaper than TS. Unfortunately they had only 10 boxes (of 20) left so I cleaned them out.

PMC Starfire HP? You might as well be shooting ball, no expansion to speak of and over penetration right out the back of a 16" gel block and halfway through a second. Not really hot though average muzzle velocity of just 742 fps, I would be willing to bet Winchester WB would match that.

🐯
PMC starefire in 9mm was pretty bad for me. Expansion in a large 50 gallon barrel of water did absolutely nothing .

TS is a class act and a well run operation as far as I can tell. And they’re convenient. And their prices are good. Can’t ask for more than all that.

Not only that, but I wish I had paid the $95 for a membership sooner. The 8% savings and free shipping is perfect for someone like me who can’t typically afford a full case. I saved $20+ on My 6 boxes of mixed .223 and 9mm yesterday and $25 on 20 boxes of Wolf Gold this morning. It’s more than worth it for the free shipping alone in my case.

It's cute that you think that , but at least up until last week I'd been laying in 1000 rd cases of 9mm from one local deep discounter for less than the tsusa price.. i bet the remainder went Saturday, although they still had many cases of other 9mm stuff at $15/box and up.

I would not be shocked, however, if most dealers are rationing in a week or two.
Not sure what you're getting on about. The hoping the delivery goes better bit or the fact that the stock of .40 on the shelves at the LGS gets thinner and thinner with every panic?

Not sure what you're getting on about. The hoping the delivery goes better bit or the fact that the stock of .40 on the shelves at the LGS gets thinner and thinner with every panic?
Apologies I misread your comment out of context, reading it again it makes sense now.

230 GDHPs are still a great performer though... esp out of 4"+ guns.
True, 9mm GD are tits too.

but for short bbl fotay-fives, Critical Dooty wins

Might have to try out some Hornady then. You have that baby yet ? 👶🏼
That would be painful...

But yes, last Monday. All is well. Your Maternity ward was great. Tons of hot nurses too.
Are you talking critical duty or defense?

Dooty. IIRC, Critical Defense was subpar. I’d have to rewatch TNoutdoors9

🐯
Not Starfire. The Bronze stuff.

Last edited:
I thought duty was for full-size and defense was for compact? I run defense in my sub compact .380 but got a good amount of duty for $10/box for my .40 Glock. .45 is a mix these days.

True, 9mm GD are tits too.

but for short bbl fotay-fives, Critical Dooty wins

That would be painful...

But yes, last Monday. All is well. Your Maternity ward was great. Tons of hot nurses too.

Dooty. IIRC, Critical Defense was subpar. I’d have to rewatch TNoutdoors9
For the 45’s on this particular vid the HST, GD, and Remmy GS Had the biggest expansion. The HST and GD look very clean. The Golden Sabre looks angry.

View: https://youtu.be/3R9UcRJ3Lsk

When I was younger I used to get a case of wolf and just start taking them out of those little boxes and dump all the ammo into a huge pile. I think a narrow .30 cal ammo can holds like 500 rounds of 7.62 x 39. I often wondered why they used that packaging, then I saw a video from the factory where GT is made and it made a lot of sense... the russian factories spent a lot of effort making the fancy machine that puts the finished ammo in those little boxes.... [rofl] so someone is obviously proud of that machinery.

Wait, I don't think we're on the same page here. Summer vacation mode is in full swing. We were trying to book camping sites at Nickerson, and before the lady could hit the button, they were booked out from under us. Everybody is in FULL vacation mode *snip*

The problem with the parks, the campgrounds are at 1/2 capacity. Good for me, I service 5 campgrounds on / around Cape.

When I was younger I used to get a case of wolf and just start taking them out of those little boxes and dump all the ammo into a huge pile. I think a narrow .30 cal ammo can holds like 500 rounds of 7.62 x 39. I often wondered why they used that packaging, then I saw a video from the factory where GT is made and it made a lot of sense... the russian factories spent a lot of effort making the fancy machine that puts the finished ammo in those little boxes.... [rofl] so someone is obviously proud of that machinery.

lol, same here..I have whatever amount I'm legally able to own x39 loose in .30 cal ammo cans.

And a few cases of GT and Wolf.

And some Lapua.

Lol. That, and the boxed ammo sits nicely on a sales shelf. The loose ammo... not so much. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom