Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Help a newbie? What's previously considered "fair" for SPP, 3c?
And the SPP for $127 per 1k are gone....jesus christ. Prices will never come down with idiots paying 13 cents for a freakin primer.

That's an interesting question. Prior to Rona fair would be like $30-$40 per 1k. I bought 24k from Shooters Outpost just as the lockdown began in March 2020 for $25 per 1k. That was split amongst friends not just myself...
But even in January 2021 I got some primers for $50 per 1k online.

Now Larry and the Ram and other online vendors are charging like $90-$105 per 1k after shipping and hazmat. Limit of 1k or 2k.

And the SPP for $127 per 1k are gone....jesus christ. Prices will never come down with idiots paying 13 cents for a freakin primer.

That's an interesting question. Prior to Rona fair would be like $30-$40 per 1k. I bought 24k from Shooters Outpost just as the lockdown began in March 2020 for $25 per 1k. That was split amongst friends not just myself...
But even in January 2021 I got some primers for $50 per 1k online.

Now Larry and the Ram and other online vendors are charging like $90-$105 per 1k after shipping and hazmat. Limit of 1k or 2k.
Realized that 1) I read the ads wrong and 2) the first link calculated its price per round wrong.

12c is pretty big jump from 3-5. (I thought it was at 6, which felt "high" but not out of line with where everything else is right now)

The "Ram" had CCI SPP this morning for $83 per 1k limit of 2k. Plus shipping and hazmat. But they have discount codes so you could have got them for like $95ish per 1k shipped. Not great but better than $130 per 1k.
There's so many new reloaders that many don't realize how insane the primer prices are. Same thing with ammo obviously.

The "Ram" had CCI SPP this morning for $83 per 1k limit of 2k. Plus shipping and hazmat. But they have discount codes so you could have got them for like $95ish per 1k shipped. Not great but better than $130 per 1k.
There's so many new reloaders that many don't realize how insane the primer prices are. Same thing with ammo obviously.
This is why I'm sort of holding off for now. I bought a Rockchucker kit (thanks for the link, BTW). I have a pile of brass to sort. Sometime soon, I'll probably take @EddieCoyle's class. I'm still waiting to actually buy any components until I get the feeling prices are stabilizing...

This is why I'm sort of holding off for now. I bought a Rockchucker kit (thanks for the link, BTW). I have a pile of brass to sort. Sometime soon, I'll probably take @EddieCoyle's class. I'm still waiting to actually buy any components until I get the feeling prices are stabilizing...
For 9mm it probably doesn’t make much sense if you don’t shoot much and you just plink. I like being able to tune my ammo for USPSA/IDPA. But 9mm prices have been dropping so
Calibers like 357 and 44 magnum though you’d save A TON by reloading. That shit is over a buck and round and I’m paying 18 cpr for my reloads. That’s massive
Even with current primer and powder prices you wouldn’t be paying close to a buck a round for 357

For 9mm it probably doesn’t make much sense if you don’t shoot much and you just plink. I like being able to tune my ammo for USPSA/IDPA. But 9mm prices have been dropping so
Calibers like 357 and 44 magnum though you’d save A TON by reloading. That shit is over a buck and round and I’m paying 18 cpr for my reloads. That’s massive
Even with current primer and powder prices you wouldn’t be paying close to a buck a round for 357
yeah, 38/357 and 30-06 are my first interests. Followed closely by 223

yeah, 38/357 and 30-06 are my first interests. Followed closely by 223
Usually with magnum calibers, bullets are the most costly component. But theres a company/manufacturer who charges 10 cents for 158 gr JSPs/JHPs shipped. They've had that same price since 2013 when I first started buying from them. They also were selling 44 cal 240 gr JSPs for 13 cents each shipped - been out of stock for almost 2 years at this point but I bought a bunch of them. The 357 bullets still in stock though. Even paying 10 cents for a primer and $40 per pound for powder, you can reload full house 357 magnum (assuming you already have brass which is free at that point) for like 28-30 cpr. That's saving 70 cents per round. Insane.

For 9mm it probably doesn’t make much sense if you don’t shoot much and you just plink.
Perhaps so. On the other hand, I've been shooting MORE since I started reloading. Even 9mm is roughly a dime cheaper to make than buy with current, generally available, prices. Because I stocked up on primers at 6-8 cents per (not the great prices some of your have seen in the past, but I'm relatively new to this), the difference is price between reloads and factory is even greater (for me at this point).

I got into reloading for precision rifle. As andrew1220 said, the cost difference seen with those reloads is really impressive, AND the ammo is better. Since I already had most of the gear for reloading rifle rounds, buying into pistol round reloading was relatively cheap too. Finally, I LIKE reloading/handloading (YMMV). It's another part of the sport that keeps me engaged and involved, and I'm always learning something new. If reloading was simply a matter of saving some money, I'd probably just be looking for better deals on factory ammo to stock up on. Again, one man's opinion. YMMV.

Perhaps so. On the other hand, I've been shooting MORE since I started reloading. Even 9mm is roughly a dime cheaper to make than buy with current, generally available, prices. Because I stocked up on primers at 6-8 cents per (not the great prices some of your have seen in the past, but I'm relatively new to this), the difference is price between reloads and factory is even greater (for me at this point).

I got into reloading for precision rifle. As andrew1220 said, the cost difference seen with those reloads is really impressive, AND the ammo is better. Since I already had most of the gear for reloading rifle rounds, buying into pistol round reloading was relatively cheap too. Finally, I LIKE reloading/handloading (YMMV). It's another part of the sport that keeps me engaged and involved, and I'm always learning something new. If reloading was simply a matter of saving some money, I'd probably just be looking for better deals on factory ammo to stock up on. Again, one man's opinion. YMMV.
Agreed. I really enjoy reloading. Very satisfying.

Everyone says the BCA runs, so why not. I think that round in the ar platform got a bad rap from the Franken mags.
My 7.62X39 AR also runs fine. Being a MA inmate I’m restricted to 10 round mags and I get the feeling that that makes a difference. Though I also run the C Products mags because from what I’ve read they have the best rep for 7.62X39 ARs. In general though it’s the 30 rounders that seem to give you problems with an AR style magwell.

Holy f*** TSUSA is selling primers now!! And boy does the price suck!

Just getting to my computer today. Is this real? I went to the TSUSA site and all these primers are $599.00 for cases of 5k. no variation all $599.00.

None in stock either. Were they available, or are this prices just place-holders???

Not buying now, but curious...

Thanks,
~Enbloc

Just getting to my computer today. Is this real? I went to the TSUSA site and all these primers are $599.00 for cases of 5k. no variation all $599.00.

None in stock either. Were they available, or are this prices just place-holders???

Not buying now, but curious...

Thanks,
~Enbloc
Yup all were in stock but sold fast!

Do you believe that? 12 cents for a primer and it sells out in hours. I haven't bought any components in a while. Pretty well stocked, shooting less and once prices got crazy i stopped tracking them. At these prices, is it still cheaper to load than buy?
Is that supposed to cover some kind of Hazmat fee maybe???

Do you believe that? 12 cents for a primer and it sells out in hours. I haven't bought any components in a while. Pretty well stocked, shooting less and once prices got crazy i stopped tracking them. At these prices, is it still cheaper to load than buy?
Doing some quick math with the powder and bullets I use along with 13 cent primers:rolleyes:, I'm coming up with around 23 cents per round for 9mm. Though I should probably add 3-4 cents for brass that I've purchased - some does get reloaded but lots of it gets lost at matches etc. So 27 cpr on the higher end?

Is that supposed to cover some kind of Hazmat fee maybe???
I thought someone said there was no hazmat? Free shop if you're prime, otherwise add ship, hazmat, taxes and its probably pushing 14 cents per primer which is what i remember paying for loaded 9mm ammo in Mar 2020.

Doing some quick math with the powder and bullets I use along with 13 cent primers:rolleyes:, I'm coming up with around 23 cents per round for 9mm. Though I should probably add 3-4 cents for brass that I've purchased - some does get reloaded but lots of it gets lost at matches etc. So 27 cpr on the higher end?
No to derail the thread, but curious why they don't let people pick up brass after the match? Comp shooters must be more likely to reload than the average shooter

I thought someone said there was no hazmat? Free shop if you're prime, otherwise add ship, hazmat, taxes and its probably pushing 14 cents per primer which is what i remember paying for loaded 9mm ammo in Mar 2020.

I mean that the hazmat is "baked in" at those prices, because shippers are gonna charge it; so someone has to pay it. TSUSA just isn't showing it on an invoice...

Yeah they weren't charging hazmat or shipping. Just sales tax....how nice of them

No to derail the thread, but curious why they don't let people pick up brass after the match? Comp shooters must be more likely to reload than the average shooter
Oh you absolutely can pickup brass but I don't like picking up random unknown brass after a match. Not to mention I have zero energy/interest in picking up brass after a match lol

Back
Top Bottom