• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Yeah, I hemmed and hawed on that, but ultimately ordered a box. 500 rds of .22lr in one place is painful enough to find right now. At 11.4cpr, I'm not thrilled, but at least it's *only* double normal prices.

I've paid less per round for 9mm, but not lately. Wacky times.
I just keep checking Walmarts. Especially in NH. I bought 1,675 rounds over the weekend for an average price per round of 6 cents. Federal Automatch and Winchester supercat.

I just keep checking Walmarts. Especially in NH. I bought 1,675 rounds over the weekend for an average price per round of 6 cents. Federal Automatch and Winchester supercat.

Ahhh, NH, our wild and wooly cousin to the north, where there is still *some* freedom. :) you saved about $83 over what was up on TSUSA earlier (6cpr versus 11cpr is 5cpr x 1675rds). Sweet, provided it works for you. I wish I could trek up to NH for some savings on a regular basis, but it never works out that way.

I'm south of Boston. A ride up to NH is 2 hours each way for me. Plus gas in a not-very-efficient-but-this-is-murica vehicle. I'd be out about $20 there. Plus another few bucks in tolls. So now the savings for me is like $50. For 4 total hours of driving, plus waiting in line. We are talking me paying myself $10/hr to get ammo.

And that's where my math overcomes my need for the deal. I have a threshold below which I would pay to not have to leave my cozy abode and that's below it. :)

Which isn't to say I wouldn't go to NH for a deal, but it would have to net save me a couple hundred to remove all resistance on my part.

Ahhh, NH, our wild and wooly cousin to the north, where there is still *some* freedom. :) you saved about $83 over what was up on TSUSA earlier (6cpr versus 11cpr is 5cpr x 1675rds). Sweet, provided it works for you. I wish I could trek up to NH for some savings on a regular basis, but it never works out that way.

I'm south of Boston. A ride up to NH is 2 hours each way for me. Plus gas in a not-very-efficient-but-this-is-murica vehicle. I'd be out about $20 there. Plus another few bucks in tolls. So now the savings for me is like $50. For 4 total hours of driving, plus waiting in line. We are talking me paying myself $10/hr to get ammo.

And that's where my math overcomes my need for the deal. I have a threshold below which I would pay to not have to leave my cozy abode and that's below it. :)

Which isn't to say I wouldn't go to NH for a deal, but it would have to net save me a couple hundred to remove all resistance on my part.
Good points. I should have mentioned I was already in NH for a USPSA match [laugh]
But check your Walmarts down your way. Its not just NH Walmarts that has 22 ammo.

Anyone been able to get 380 lately? Non hollow point just range rounds... set an alert a few days ago and its The only stuff of my 5 alerts that I can’t seem to get...

Anyone been able to get 380 lately? Non hollow point just range rounds... set an alert a few days ago and its The only stuff of my 5 alerts that I can’t seem to get...

Just before all this went completely pear-shaped, I picked up an old Beretta in .380. This was about May. I haven't seen any .380 online since then, and strict rationing at my LGS.

BassPro...
FE240AB0-F927-4710-9FF7-310951B7E00E.jpeg
There were 4, I took all 4 initially, then put 2 back. Guy came around the corner and grabbed them and thanked me. Guy behind him said “10 seconds too late?” so he gave him 1 of his boxes. I kept my 2 and ran before someone came around.
3 people lucked out today, and at .43/rd it’s a damn good price considering what I’m seeing on the website this thread is named for.

BassPro...
View attachment 392701
There were 4, I took all 4 initially, then put 2 back. Guy came around the corner and grabbed them and thanked me. Guy behind him said “10 seconds too late?” so he gave him 1 of his boxes. I kept my 2 and ran before someone came around.
3 people lucked out today, and at .43/rd it’s a damn good price considering what I’m seeing on the website this thread is named for.

.43/rd is probably close to what Cabelas was selling it at anyway before this

I never stock much .45, was running low so grabbed a couple. Pleanty there at the moment. Price is high but not absurd.
I got the text alert while in the basement, ran up the stairs, opened my chromebook, and it was all gone. :( 6 MINUTES!

I never stock much .45, was running low so grabbed a couple. Pleanty there at the moment. Price is high but not absurd.
I got the text alert while in the basement, ran up the stairs, opened my chromebook, and it was all gone. :( 6 MINUTES!
Again, the CMP has cases of blazer brass 45 for $393 shipped.

I realize it's not what you have in mind to obtain ammo, but gather your empty brass, procure the bullets of choice and primers, too, (very helpful, as my supplies are dwindling) and bring it all down to my place (SE CT). I'll assist you in rolling your own. Over 60 calibers possible (sorry, I don't do 7.62x45mm yet).
No, I don't intend to be your sole ammo provider, but I'll help those that are willing to help themselves during this crisis.
Live fire onsite.

This will also give you guys an excuse to stop in at Heritage, D&L, Midstate, The Preserve and M&B Sports while down this way.

Last edited:
.43/rd is probably close to what Cabelas was selling it at anyway before this

Shelf tag did look old. If they haven’t touched their prices, what was expensive, is now a darn good deal!
Those 300 rds. will help soften the blow of what my wife goes through for her birthday in November. It’s a big one to have to celebrate without a party so I imagine the round count will be high.

Edit- also scored this at WallyWorld (it’s on the way home and the wife needed conditioner) for $44. To think I almost jumped on the Aguila super extra yesterday at over .10/rd. Say what you want about either place, but with limited funds and limited availability across the board, I’ll take what I can get, wherever I can get it. Winchester for the win? image.jpg

Last edited:
Shelf tag did look old. If they haven’t touched their prices, what was expensive, is now a darn good deal!
Those 300 rds. will help soften the blow of what my wife goes through for her birthday in November. It’s a big one to have to celebrate without a party so I imagine the round count will be high.

Edit- also scored this at WallyWorld (it’s on the way home and the wife needed conditioner) for $44. To think I almost jumped on the Aguila super extra yesterday at over .10/rd. Say what you want about either place, but with limited funds and limited availability across the board, I’ll take what I can get, wherever I can get it. Winchester for the win?View attachment 392746

you should buy a some lottery tickets. Glad to see some normal prices are still out there

Edit- also scored this at WallyWorld (it’s on the way home and the wife needed conditioner) for $44. To think I almost jumped on the Aguila super extra yesterday at over .10/rd. Say what you want about either place, but with limited funds and limited availability across the board, I’ll take what I can get, wherever I can get it. Winchester for the win?View attachment 392746
Noice! I had terrible luck with M22 in my AR22 and SR22. Just wouldn't feed - I think the bullets were oversized? Could have just been a bad lot I had. But the price of M22 is dirt cheap.

Noice! I had terrible luck with M22 in my AR22 and SR22. Just wouldn't feed - I think the bullets were oversized? Could have just been a bad lot I had. But the price of M22 is dirt cheap.

Hoping it'll feed in the MkIV or 10/22 at least. If not, I'm in the market for a lever or revolver to round out the .22LR collection. I imagine .04/rd. .22LR will behave much like I think it will, which is to say not as great as the Mini-Mags, Stingers, and Aguila I'm so fond of. With that said, beggars/choosers and what not.

Last edited:

My Ruger Wrangler eats everything. Haven't tried M22 (usually stick to CCI and Aguila), but my FiL found a few boxes of decidedly 'vintage' Winchester 'Staynless' Super Speed and Remington 'Kleanbore' in his basement and the revolver cares not. :)

Attachments

• 20200923_140854.jpg
    20200923_140854.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 15
It said they had 99 when I put two boxes in my cart. Hit checkout, and it said my cart was empty, and it was all gone.

I wonder if folks who are really in the retail business are buying 50 cases at a time or something. I definitely get there are new shooters, old shooters, in need and not buying a lot but there are lots of them, but it is so damn quick.

Back
Top Bottom