Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Like AMEX, I guess "membership has its privileges".

A month or so back when I picked up my small order, I didn't browse at the ammo in the pick up (satellite) store. I doubt that these "hot items" ever get put on the shelf in the police equipment store across the street, where you do the physical pick up.

It’ll be interesting to see if there’s any left by the time the restriction comes off. Perhaps they’re feeling the market out. Me thinks Prime members aren’t snatching up .36-.40 cents per round 9mm so darn quick. I could be wrong.

Really glad I got my hands on a decent amount of 9mm before it went super bonkers. .32 cents/rd. seems like a deal now.
Thank you @andrew1220 [wave]
Oh I’m sure there are more than a few gun shops, dealers, etc. who are Prime members buying it all up.

Did anyone else see the Speer Lawman 9mm in 115, 124 and 147gr come up for 3 minutes this morning and then was gone before you could click the link? I think there are big stores buying all this ammo as it comes up.

Yep. 9mm sold out to just Prime members. So basically you have to be a member to have any chance on these hard to get ammo sales.
So why the Hell have I been checking their website for potential deals? 🥴 What a fool I have been. Total waste of time unless you cough-up the $95.00 ransom fee first. :( That will happen (for me) sometime just after Hell freezes over solid. [laugh]

So there is a difference in time restriction to non-Prime members. Buy a box? 3 hrs. Buy a case? 1 min. Weird.
3EB4BF2C-2E8B-46A8-ACB6-C72F8DB7DA73.png 46FFBBA6-77CD-4FAF-8EA7-51525B445F5A.png

No, I think they list an item and it gets a 3 hour timer. This was the same concept with the alerts, but the alerts didn't work right. They claimed 3 hours heads up for prime members on text alerts, then the normies got the alert. But if the normies were camping the website, then it didn't benefit prime members. So I think they are implementing a 3 hour window for prime members to get first dibs on any newly listed items.

Here's the interesting thing about Target Sports providing first access to Prime members. Prime members get an 8% discount, so this ultimately costs them some revenue over non-Prime customers.

Personally I think it is a smart move. Be loyal to customers who are loyal to you. Create some stickiness between TS and the customer. Add value to the Prime program.

Let's face it.. Prime members get free shipping on even a single box of ammo. TS loses money on those orders. But they gain customer loyalty.

Told some other guys this story yesterday about a guy at a gun dealer asking about the cost of XM193 per box of 20. He was told $.75 a round+3%CC fee+Ma state tax. He bought almost a whole case. I’m not wasting time doing the math but that is WW3 pricing right there.

For shitz & giggles, how many here will sign up for PRIME due to this new membership perk...???

I would...

You guys could have grabbed one at my 11am alert. You snooze you lose. It’ll be $600 a case on Monday.

Only $505 Prime 😆 (Ma tax not included)
In stock! prime members only... 90 cases remaining

View attachment 382183
I fear that there will be a day where we reminess on how great this price was. I'll go to the range and throw rocks and acorns instead.

Say what you want about TSUSA, but they seem to be making smart business decisions...

Im at over $300 in savings from Prime, not including shipping.

Thats an extra 2 boxes of 9mm I can buy now

Ha ha! I'm not going to look at the TSUSA site again; I'm getting dizzy.
Rarely, do I buy factory ammo anyways.
Enjoy everybody!

I think I'm going to fill a Thermos with coffee and go sit and hug my milk crates of reloads.

I became a prime member about a month ago, but still haven't had a chance to break it in yet. I'm moving around and active at work, unable to keep checking their website (off today). I'm only looking for 380, 38spl and .410. None of those seem to pop up too frequently.

I should add, I've been buying from them for years, just wasn't prime before.

So why the Hell have I been checking their website for potential deals? 🥴 What a fool I have been. Total waste of time unless you cough-up the $95.00 ransom fee first. :( That will happen (for me) sometime just after Hell freezes over solid. [laugh]
On my first order I saved $45 just in the discount for prime on ammo pricing and free shipping. Next order I should break even on prime. It’s worth it.

Back
Top Bottom