take a kid hunting!

ok so im not really a kid...well kind of...i guess...

anyways...every year i get ready to go hunting and never do! [sad]

ive never hunted before but would love to go out and get the experience...even if i dont get anything...a family friend goes to maine every year and gets at least 1 white tail every time! only problem is he goes for weeks at a time waaaaaay up in maine...i dont have the time to take off a week and hunt so i was wondering if there were any weekend warriors out there that wouldnt mind showing a newbie the ropes

i have a 30/30, 30-06, and 12 gauge that are all acceptable to use...also a compound bow but i feel more comfortable with a rifle

figure i might as well throw the idea out now cuz the season is just around the corner

im willing to hunt for anything...doesnt have to be deer...duck, coyote, upland bird...just wanna get out there and actually sapend some time in the woods!

wood prefer out of state where i can use a rifle instead of a shotgun but hey ill take anything

ive never hunted before but would love to go out and get the experience...even if i dont get anything...a family friend goes to maine every year and gets at least 1 white tail every time! only problem is he goes for weeks at a time waaaaaay up in maine...i dont have the time to take off a week and hunt so i was wondering if there were any weekend warriors out there that wouldnt mind showing a newbie the ropes

i have a 30/30, 30-06, and 12 gauge that are all acceptable to use...also a compound bow but i feel more comfortable with a rifle

figure i might as well throw the idea out now cuz the season is just around the corner

im willing to hunt for anything...doesnt have to be deer...duck, coyote, upland bird...just wanna get out there and actually sapend some time in the woods!

wood prefer out of state where i can use a rifle instead of a shotgun but hey ill take anything

Hmmm....maybe we could get a group hunt together? Cover an area that hosting members are familiar with and set up a push. I haven't been out as often as I'd like either and would love an excuse!

On a second note, I have only hunted for deer and have a strong interest in birds. I would love to find someone who would be willing to show me the ropes.

What we need is more like a ManScouts. Kind of like BoyScouts camp, but for men who missed out on that.

Uniform is workboots, jeans, and flannel/tshirt.

Merit badges for pistol,rifle,shotgun,hunting.

Field trips to all those fun places.

Really, I am a little behind on hunting as well. Would consider deer hunting, but need to learn how now. I have a couple places in mind. I guess the first thing is to go out and try to see how the buckshot patterns. Haven't shot the shotgun in years. In fact, haven't used it since shoulder surgery. Could be interesting.

Then to get some proper clothes (Dad has orange in his basement I think). Then to read and reread the laws. Ugh.

Blood hound...I have a 2 1/2 year old German Shorthaired Pointer and hunt pheasant in byfield/rowley. I would got out with you this fall. I have only hunted birds since I got my dog, buy I have shot a few birds since then! I am always looking for new places around the north shore.

hey i could take you out this deer season down here in southeastern mass, i usully hunt haskell swamp or myles standish state forest. your allowed to use bow,shotgun and muzzleloader in MA NO rifles, you would have to shoot slugs through your 12 gauge. im also 20yrs old so we should get along well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom