Take a few minutes, clean your carry gun

I wish they would offer the BG without that stupid laser in the first place! It would be even more compact, and even a bit lighter without it, plus who the heck is going to fumble with that side button to ever use the laser in a stress situation anyway. It may be fun to play with at the range, but inmo it is useless in any real application. The fact that it can interfere, or jamb up the slide just further reinforces the fact that they should offer it in a non-laser version - especially for a true defensive carry piece. I'm glad I read this thread, because I was on the fence about getting one, even though I don't want/need the laser just to have a lightweight summer carry gun. The possibility of that laser jamming the slide really concerns me, though - especially since the gun is too light to throw at someone in the event it won't fire.[laugh]

I wish they would offer the BG without that stupid laser in the first place! It would be even more compact, and even a bit lighter without it, plus who the heck is going to fumble with that side button to ever use the laser in a stress situation anyway. It may be fun to play with at the range, but inmo it is useless in any real application.

In my experience it's useless at the range too, at least during daylight. About all it's good for is dry firing at home.

I was amazed at how much lint was in my Glock the first time I took it apart. I often break it down while sitting on the crapper and blow it out, true story!

I don't understand why not cleaning a gun would cause it to stick in a holster. The gun is dirty on the inside; the holster touches the outside. What am I missing?

Coffee, donut juice, sugar, then get stuck in a rainstorm and have all that stuff wash inside the holster, probably hold it in there like glue.

-Mike

I realize that a lot of you are going to read this and think; well duh! Regardless, hopefully this will come as a friendly reminder for those who don't do this already;

I was recently sitting at my desk and realized my gun was still in my pocket. Took it out, and instead of just laying it down as I usually do, within reach. I randomly decided to clear it, cycle through the rounds...

Well, to my surprise, I couldn't rack the slide back enough to even clear the chambered round! So I'm thinking, what the hell? Safety's off, gun doesn't look broken, try again, and again and finally I literally had to muscle the slide back all the way (was stuck in a specific point) and I cleared the gun. I then proceeded to break it down and clean it THOROUGHLY, taking care to clean the shrouded hammer, oiling the slide rails... After 10-15 minutes, the gun was cycling flawlessly as it's supposed to.

Now, I usually shoot what I'm carrying every time I go to the range. I also usually clean my guns immediately after the range trip. I think however that I hadn't cleaned this particular gun yet. Add to that pocket lint... WHO KNEW pocket lint could cause so much issues!!!

Well, the whole time I kept thinking to myself, this is so bad, I rely on this gun to save my life, yet all I had in my pocket was 1 shot and the gun would've been useless. I was mortified. Anyway, I've decided that regardless whether I get to shoot the gun or not, I will clean my carry gun regularly, range trip notwithstanding.

Hope this helps someone out.

My gun gets a 30min massage after a trip to the range, every time!....You sick bastards, I know what you are thinking. [smile]

Serious now, I always take it apart and clean it, even after 100 rounds. Every single time. Its my carry gun.

Last edited:
My BG380 had the same thing happen and it wasn't due to the laser screws. Just lint. Since taking her totally apart (frame out of grip) and giving her a good once down it's a sewing machine.

sorry but i don't think that makes a difference.....

- - - Updated - - -

anyone thought of carrying a revolver, i would think

there would be a whole lot less problems, less complicated.

Yup, love wheelies, if I need more than six, I'll pull out my Glock backup.

Back
Top Bottom