• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tactical response training

I would love to take a class this summer.

But I dont have the funds to travel to a class.
CT I could do. But can't fly.

If we could get a group together that would be cool.

I just noticed in the video I posted that he or his instructors would come to us if we had a group.

I would love to take a class this summer.

But I dont have the funds to travel to a class.
CT I could do. But can't fly.

If we could get a group together that would be cool.

I just noticed in the video I posted that he or his instructors would come to us if we had a group.

Why not take a class at a reputable place like Sig Academy?

Yeager is a tool, he demonstrates that by opening his mouth. There are many credible instructors out there that put on great classes. The REALLY good ones...don't have a YouTube channel.

Id train with him. Why not? If I had time and money I'd train with a lot of people.

I will not be on a range where an instructor puts a photographer between two targets, less than 5' apart, and has students shooting at those targets. That is a disaster waiting to happen and I won't hang around to be part of the lawsuit.

Personally I think Mas ranks with yeagar and nutn. And I'm no fan of them.

Mas has testified in many trials as an expert witness. Yeager has not. Mas knows self defense law better than most attorneys. I certainly don't agree with Mas on everything (and I'd guess he probably doesn't agree with some of the things that he's written in the past), but I respect him. I don't respect Yeager.

Last edited:
would anyone be interested in getting a nes group together?

I just noticed his video that whoever hosts a class gets the class for free, I thought that was pretty cool.
And also that he will come to you. I thought that was appealing.

most of the classes I saw, chris costa, travis haley, ect you have to go to them.

I was unfamiliar with local courses/instructors.

NEShooters brings instructors into the area. And the guys they are bringing, Ken Hackathorn, Kyle Lamb, Larry Vickers, John Farnam, Southnarc, are the real deal. I won't give a dollar to Yeager. 2013 Classes

There's probably a reason Yeager comes to your range and you have to go to virtually everyone else's range. Maps has spread a lot of assanine extra-legal advice around, the no trigger job on a carry gun, carry what the local PD does, as/da revolvers make bad carry guns cause you can cock them and have a hair trigger etc.

There is no live fire there. btw a simunitions license is a $200 1 day class in Avon CT

Beg to differ good sir, there are plenty of live fire courses you can do at King 33 - > just check the calendar, it's at the Blue Trail Rifle Range, 316 North Branford Road, Wallingford, CT.
However to the OP, King33 doesn't provide lengthy law courses. Feel free to take as many of those as you want elsewhere. In those courses you'll hear all the reasons you can't shoot someone, and that if you do shoot (even in self defense) you're basically considered a criminal until proven innocent, and that you were better off just getting killed, murdered or raped anyways because your life as you know it is over. I'll save you the thousands of dollars: It all boils down to something very simple, don't shoot unless you or someone you care about is immediately about to lose their life.

King 33 focuses on action and training.

Here is my review of King 33 and what it's all about.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/[email protected]#post2869317

P.S.

Why do I have a lot of good things to say about these guys: Cause I can smell BS a mile away and these guys are the real deal. Once you get out there and do live fire or a simu. course you're going to feel like all the little courses and nice schools with classrooms pale in comparison.

Try doing it like I did it: rolling around in the snow in 30 degree weather in February:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...ols-at-a-class-taught-by-news-photo/162529305

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/S...or+Gun+Safety+And+Home+Defense+In+Connecticut

Last edited:
Maybe a bit too slow paced for some if you really want "bad ass" stuff (whatever that really means) but for practical, tactical self defense skills involving firearms, Massad's classes should be on anybodies short list
I do not foear the man who has preacticed ten thousand kicks one time. I fear the man who has practiced one kick ten thousand times.
Bruce Lee

Maps has spread a lot of assanine extra-legal advice around, the no trigger job on a carry gun, carry what the local PD does, as/da revolvers make bad carry guns cause you can cock them and have a hair trigger etc.

I've taken LFI I and II from Mas. He certainly did not say that you should not have a trigger job done on your gun. He did say that if you do that you should keep the trigger weight reasonable - above 4 lbs for a 1911 for example.

He didn't say that you should carry the that the local PD carries. He did say that it might not be a bad idea to carry the same JHP that your local PD carries. If you did, that would make it harder for a DA to claim that you were carrying an extra killy cartridge.

He didn't say that a DA revolver is a bad carry gun. He did say that if you are pocket carrying a small revolver that a DAO model is less likely to snag. He has also been an expert witness in two cases, one in NY and one in FL, where whether or not the defendant cocked his revolver became a serious issue. As a result, he does suggest that if you carry a revolver that you have it converted to DAO. If your revolver is DAO, then the DA can't make an issue of whether or not you cocked the revolver.

I spent a year shooting my Model 66 in IDPA. I am classified as expert with it. I can tell you from my experience, and that of the master level shooters that I competed with, we all bobbed our hammers. Manually cocking the hammer works in bullseye competition, but it doesn't in action competition and I would never do it in a defensive situation either - on a hard shot I would much rather roll through the DA trigger. YMMV.

There's probably a reason Yeager comes to your range and you have to go to virtually everyone else's range. Maps has spread a lot of assanine extra-legal advice around, the no trigger job on a carry gun, carry what the local PD does, as/da revolvers make bad carry guns cause you can cock them and have a hair trigger etc.

If you actually did some research and learned exactly what Mas Ayoob said regarding those topics (hint: its not what you stated) you would find they all make a lot of sense.

It has been some years since I went there, but my opinion was "meh." I think Randy Cain is far better from a shooting perspective and Ayoob is far better from a legal perspective.

yeah but if the sig academy and yeager got in a fight--who would win?

I would take SIG over Yeager any day of the week and twice on Sundays. But with NES bringing in Hackathorn, Vickers, etc., I'd go with one of those before SIG. YMMV.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom