• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tactical response training

Rick1987

NES Member
I know there some negative opinions on James Yeager on this board but has anyone participated in one of his classes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4wItLs0-l4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It would be pretty cool to take a class. My club won't allow it but maybe someone else's club would.

If you host the class, you get it for free. Thats pretty sweet!

I'm not sure how many people he needs for him to come here but I'm sure people here would take it.

Honestly, I'd rather take a class at viking tactics. Unfortunately, they won't accept me in one of their courses.

I'd rather learn from someone with experience and a proven track record than from him. I'd have no problem getting over my disdain for that guy if he would have that. Now, ihis course is just a "do as I say" thing. Somehow, I tend to listen much closer to a "been there, done that" kinda guy. Just me, tho. If he's the person that rings your bell when it comes to training, go for it. Isn't America a great place?

There are plenty of folks who teach that don't put photographers down range, and probably even know how to drive a car with a manual transmission.

Last edited:
i would take the class, i would take anyone's class. so what if he can be an ass? he pissed me off getting into the stupid dick measuring contest with my homeboy adam kokesh last week, doesnt mean i wouldnt gladly attend a class. even if the most i got out of it was tactical ditch diving, so what? if that puts you a notch above the other guy you still win. hell i'd take a class on white flag waving if it helped my survivability in a gunfight.

im not sure on what the policy is on giving classes at private ranges, or if any of them would even bother coming to new england, but if you coordinate it, i would gladly host it.

i would take anyone's class... even if the most i got out of it was tactical ditch diving, so what? if that puts you a notch above the other guy you still win. hell i'd take a class on white flag waving if it helped my survivability in a gunfight.

I agree but to an extent: training under a hundred teachers with conflicting strategies doesn't necessarily make you better. It just might make you more confused.

The better strategy is to choose someone that you believe knows their stuff and train with them. That's why I want to take one of Len's (practical law) courses: his positive rep on NES proceeds him.

There are better choices then Yeager and Hammer four. Take your time and do your research.

Tactical Ditch diving? or Tactical Balance beam? hahaha

I do agree with taking training with whoever. I'm not biased. The problem is that you have to have a strong foundation in (insert any topic) before you start out on the seminar circuit. I learned that in a former life in a martial arts school. The kool aide is STRONG in some classes, and you have to be able to categorize information you are taught as:
1. Useful
2. Un-Useful (save for later, may be relevant in a specific situation)
and....
3. USELESS [rofl]

I agree but to an extent: training under a hundred teachers with conflicting strategies doesn't necessarily make you better. It just might make you more confused.

The better strategy is to choose someone that you believe knows their stuff and train with them. That's why I want to take one of Len's (practical law) courses: his positive rep on NES proceeds him.

I took lens class.

A+

You would've wasted hundreds of dollars?

well yeah, assuming you had infinite funds anyways

- - - Updated - - -

Why don't you just go down to Connecticut @ King33Training with Chris Fields?

King33 has simunitions which IMHO is tactically better than live fire training. Don't know if yeager has a simunitions license, but you can do live fire at k33 as well.
Highly recommended : King33 defensive tactics training company Southington 3.7.2013 - YouTube

have not gotten a chance to get out and do a K33 class yet but it is on my to do list.

i agree, if you talk to alot of these guys, they go out and take each others classes as much as they can in hopes of learning something new. i guess that is where im coming from. if i had the funds, i would take everyones classes and take from them what i felt was most effective.

travis haley's classes look pretty good, on youtube, unfortunately thats the extent of my experience with them. hence the money part again.

I would rather take a class from a randomly picked IDPA novice shooter than James Yeager.

Back
Top Bottom