• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tactical response training

Class includes a block of instruction on manual gear boxes, how the emergency brake works and how to hide during contact. Class also includes how to revive your career after you fail miserably while in the shit.

Class includes a block of instruction on manual gear boxes, how the emergency brake works and how to hide during contact. Class also includes how to revive your career after you fail miserably while in the shit.

just don't call him a coward or he'll be threatening you on youtube!

I've taken LFI I and II from Mas. He certainly did not say that you should not have a trigger job done on your gun. He did say that if you do that you should keep the trigger weight reasonable - above 4 lbs for a 1911 for example.

He didn't say that you should carry the that the local PD carries. He did say that it might not be a bad idea to carry the same JHP that your local PD carries. If you did, that would make it harder for a DA to claim that you were carrying an extra killy cartridge.

He didn't say that a DA revolver is a bad carry gun. He did say that if you are pocket carrying a small revolver that a DAO model is less likely to snag. He has also been an expert witness in two cases, one in NY and one in FL, where whether or not the defendant cocked his revolver became a serious issue. As a result, he does suggest that if you carry a revolver that you have it converted to DAO. If your revolver is DAO, then the DA can't make an issue of whether or not you cocked the revolver.

I spent a year shooting my Model 66 in IDPA. I am classified as expert with it. I can tell you from my experience, and that of the master level shooters that I competed with, we all bobbed our hammers. Manually cocking the hammer works in bullseye competition, but it doesn't in action competition and I would never do it in a defensive situation either - on a hard shot I would much rather roll through the DA trigger. YMMV.

What happened with Ayoob with all of that crap is he wrote a bunch of articles in american handgunnner or whatever it was, and his screed in those articles got turned into gospel. Problem is in every case he left out the "this probably will never happen, but..." part. [laugh]

At least much of what Ayoob says is relatively sound advice, from a legal perspective.

-Mike

i would take the class, i would take anyone's class. so what if he can be an ass?

Because he's an ass and he probably is not that qualified compared to a bunch of other instructors you'll pay the same amount of money for... so why pay for crap?

-Mike

Awesome

You can take your firearm to the Sig Academy even without a NH license correct? Thanks to the links in this thread it is def sparking my interest.

Train in context. You are most likely to be in your home or on the street with a handgun.

Tactical Fantasy camp bullshit is great and all, but it's expensive and not practical. I've spent a lot of time and money on classes with different well known instructors. The only two that continue to get business from me are Matt @ DRFT and Greg Cruz at Interactive Gunfighter. Their prices are not batshit insane, they are down to earth and train people for realistic situations.

I don't need to be a tactical ninja. I need to survive with the tools at hand. I need to patch any holes I get in the process, and I need to deal with the legal aftermath. If you get those basics down and you want to move into combat roll territory, have at it.

Because he's an ass and he probably is not that qualified compared to a bunch of other instructors you'll pay the same amount of money for... so why pay for crap?

-Mike

what i was getting at is if i had the chance to take any classes i wanted for free, i would take them all. would i pay for a yeager class? i would definitely have to do some research but based on what everyone is saying probably not. especially if they are really overpriced.

anyone ever heard of frank sharp jr? he goes on the survival podcast sometimes and seems like a decent guy, they travel as well.

Meet the Instructor: Frank Sharpe, Jr.

on a side note, if any of you guys are thinking about coming to ct and going to a k33 course definitely let me know i would love to join.

One quick question, guys. I see that Kyle Lamb is coming to Epping NH in July. I know, the course is sold out. But if he comes back next year, are the rules for taking a class with him in NH his rules, NES rules or NH rules? I ask, because I couldn't take a class from him at his own facility. He wouldn't teach me there.

what i was getting at is if i had the chance to take any classes i wanted for free, i would take them all. would i pay for a yeager class?

Would you really want to be on the range while this is going on?

James-Yeager-Tactical-Response-Photographer-Down-Range-Shooting.jpg

Watch the video. See how close the photographer is to a target at which someone is shooting:

No, I would not take a class from Yeager if it was free. If I was at my club and Yeager was teaching a class there, I would pack up my gear and leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you really want to be on the range while this is going on?

James-Yeager-Tactical-Response-Photographer-Down-Range-Shooting.jpg

Watch the video. See how close the photographer is to a target at which someone is shooting:

No, I would not take a class from Yeager if it was free. If I was at my club and Yeager was teaching a class there, I would pack up my gear and leave.

yeah that is pretty stupid lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are you getting this?

The only requirement for being in a vehicle is "unloaded". Thats it. Nothing about it hanging out the window with a red flag on it or being locked in a trunk.

Keep making stuff up that makes your life worse, you deserve everything you have in MA when you act like this.

Calm down. I got NH and ME mixed up. I have permits in both, so I don't have to worry about either. But they are similar.

RE: Maine from handgunlaw.us
Firearms may be transported in a motor vehicle without a concealed firearms permit provided they are

1) unloaded and in plain view, or
(2) are unloaded and placed in a remote secure area (such as a locked trunk) away from the control of the occupants of the motor vehicle

You have 4,000+ posts here and you had to ask that question?

You are part of the problem in pushing the MA mindset into full retard zone. What in Gods name makes you think you can't possess a gun without a license in NH? You know its only like 4 or 5 states or so that require a license to merely possess a handgun, right? Hell, you can go to most MA clubs/public classes with a firearm and no MA LTC and nobody will ever check or say boo. All associated legal risks on you of course.

Take all your FUDD MA guns to NH any time you want, nobody cares, just dont carry loaded and concealed or loaded period in the vehicle w/o a non resident NH permit.

If you want to carry a loaded gun OUTSIDE a vehicle and dont have a permit, you may open carry fully loaded.

The long and short of it, again, is nobody gives a flying crap what you bring to and possess in NH.

Where are you getting this?

The only requirement for being in a vehicle is "unloaded". Thats it. Nothing about it hanging out the window with a red flag on it or being locked in a trunk.

Keep making stuff up that makes your life worse, you deserve everything you have in MA when you act like this.

eClnvD1.gif

Back
Top Bottom