SWAT standoff in Billerica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. What happened to "no victim no crime"

Shooting the house is a crime. It's destruction of private property.

I'm confused as to why you would not want the guy charged just with what he actually did, rather than trumping up stupid charges.

If you want the available penalty for destruction of private property to be higher I'm all for that.

Beyond that let's wait and see what actually caused the report and if the guy did in fact shoot at the house.

IDK, ask In God We Trust. He posted that, not me.

Some rights violations should be handled as crimes, some as civil infractions. The investigation conducted by the police would help determine which one should apply.

I was of course joking. If somone shoots at a house, I think the charge is reckless endangerment or something like that. This is not a civil matter or even misdemeanor territory. This guy could have killed someone and should be dealt with appropriately. I think jail time is in order here.

Some of you guys are a little nuts. If some shoots at my house I don't give a shit what intent was. I want popo to sweep him up. Then, if he has an explanation I'll willing to buy I could be persuaded to drop charges and handle things outside court. Even in the free-est of states there are some things I'd rather the cops handle. With the information available so far, I think the cops handled this well

You do it your way, ill do it mine. Personally id just walk over and knock on his door and ask who pissed in his cheerios this morning, and if he could fix my siding.

Possibly but NEMLEC SWAT keeps most of their gear including the armored vehicle in Billerica. What markings were on it? Could be the Sheriff but I doubt BPD would call in Middlesex for anything other than traffic. BPD and Middlesex Sheriffs Office do not get along at all.

Heres the video. Couldn't see a lot of markings on it. Its on my fake Facebook I made to get spotify radio [rofl]

[video=facebook;124110564405771]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=124110564405771&notif_t=video_processed[/video]

Heres the video. Couldn't see a lot of markings on it. Its on my fake Facebook I made to get spotify radio [rofl]

[video=facebook;124110564405771]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=124110564405771¬if_t=video_processed[/video]

State police probably. Could be nemlec and they ran for coffee or something.

You do it your way, ill do it mine. Personally id just walk over and knock on his door and ask who pissed in his cheerios this morning, and if he could fix my siding.

I wouldn't be opposed to that method if I knew and liked the neighbor. But, I'd be cutting an awful lot of slack to someone who just launched a .30 cal round through my house in a residential neighborhood. As I said, with the limited info available so far, I don't see a fault with the way this has been handled. I should point out too that I haven't heard what charges were pressed.

Constitutionally speaking, the only one who determines whether it was a crime should be the homeowner who alleged that their house was shot once. If the person who had their house shot knows this guy and decides to let him cool down/sober up and talk to him in the morning, then it is no one else's ****ing business. If the homeowner decides to call the cops, then fine. Charge the dude with destruction of private property (if the property owner wants it that way) and call it a night.

The homeowner did call the cops. Thats why they showed up and we have this thread full of logic and insight.

Some of you guys are a little nuts. If some shoots at my house I don't give a shit what intent was. I want popo to sweep him up. Then, if he has an explanation I'll willing to buy I could be persuaded to drop charges and handle things outside court. Even in the free-est of states there are some things I'd rather the cops handle. With the information available so far, I think the cops handled this well

Who cares if you are willing to drop charges (regardless of scenarios/events)? Our betters have a chance to make an example of someone. And in Mass, do you really believe they'd give up THAT opportunity??????

My only point here is that the weapons charges are all stupid. There are assault and property charges that are legit and should be applied where necessary.

That is unpossible. Martha doesn't believe in self help. You have to let the Gestapo handle it and deploy their ACP. There is dogs that need shooting. Guns that need confiscating

Constitutionally speaking, the only one who determines whether it was a crime should be the homeowner who alleged that their house was shot once. If the person who had their house shot knows this guy and decides to let him cool down/sober up and talk to him in the morning, then it is no one else's ****ing business. If the homeowner decides to call the cops, then fine. Charge the dude with destruction of private property (if the property owner wants it that way) and call it a night.

+1

However, there are some who think their existence gives them rights to your business.

I live on the next street over and didn't hear a thing until I heard the cruisers wailing by. The Middlesex County Sherriff's office is literally 1/4 mile down the street from that house....

Who cares if you are willing to drop charges (regardless of scenarios/events)? Our betters have a chance to make an example of someone. And in Mass, do you really believe they'd give up THAT opportunity??????

The debate wasn't about what will happen but rather about what each of us think should happen. The more I read this the more I think most of us are violently agreeing.

Dude, put the pipe down. There's lawz broken here.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

Are you guys really saying that shooting at someone's house should only be a misdemeanor if nobody gets killed? A fine and a slap on the wrist? This site is starting to go full retard more and more every day. Its cool then if I shoot the tires on your kids bike when he rides by my house as long as I don't hit him and pay for the damages? Seriously some of you guys need your ****ing heads examined.

Did he really shoot at a neighbors house? Or is that just a neighbor claiming so? Some of us like to wait for all the facts to come out. After the incident in NH a few months back, the police like to call swat out for everything.
I almost peed in my pants laughing at this statement. This was on page three of a thread which, to that point, contained nothing but wild speculation about how badly the police were mishandling the entire incident.

Are you guys really saying that shooting at someone's house should only be a misdemeanor if nobody gets killed? A fine and a slap on the wrist? This site is starting to go full retard more and more every day. Its cool then if I shoot the tires on your kids bike when he rides by my house as long as I don't hit him and pay for the damages? Seriously some of you guys need your ****ing heads examined.
That is exactly what they are saying. I mean, based on what is in this thread and what I read in an earlier thread today (now locked) there are several people here that think you need to actually physically harm me or my property before I should have any legal recourse to stop you. Apparently you can shoot bullets six inches from my ear all day long and as long as you don't hit me, no harm no foul.

He's saying that if the owner of the property decides there shouldn't be charges then they should be dropped. I didn't see him say anywhere that you shouldn't be able to press charges or pursue the full punishment of said laws should that be your decision as the victim. He's saying let the victim decide, not the government official.

Also I'm not sure why SWAT was called.

That is exactly what they are saying. I mean, based on what is in this thread and what I read in an earlier thread today (now locked) there are several people here that think you need to actually physically harm me or my property before I should have any legal recourse to stop you. Apparently you can shoot bullets six inches from my ear all day long and as long as you don't hit me, no harm no foul.

NES House Shoot!

What threads are you reading?

The real issue with these discussions is you alter what we say into a completely different scenario and then try to claim we're anarchists. Maybe if you stated what we actually said rather then making up your own stories we could find some ground for logical debate.

What threads are you reading?

The real issue with these discussions is you alter what we say into a completely different scenario and then try to claim we're anarchists. Maybe if you stated what we actually said rather then making up your own stories we could find some ground for logical debate.

Careful, you'll play a starring role on his blog tomorrow morning.

Are you guys really saying that shooting at someone's house should only be a misdemeanor if nobody gets killed? A fine and a slap on the wrist? This site is starting to go full retard more and more every day. Its cool then if I shoot the tires on your kids bike when he rides by my house as long as I don't hit him and pay for the damages? Seriously some of you guys need your ****ing heads examined..

Amen. Holy shit. Can't believe the drivel in this thread. Someone takes a pot shot at my house, I'll be lining up with the swat team for entry.

The How to Lose an LTC in 10 Days thread (that's what it was called, right?) If you really need me to go back through these two threads to point out the instances where more than one poster clearly stated they are opposed to any law that tries to stop people from being harmed before it happens, then I will. But I don't think I need to because they will probably agree with that sentiment here. On this very page someone said if your rights to life liberty or property aren't violated there is no crime.

That's not me trying to make anyone out to be anarchists - they seem to be doing that just fine by themselves.

.And I hope the homeowner puts his entire mag center mass. One round gets popped off at your house (property), the guy goes inside and does nothing else. Your response is to have him potentially ventilated by SWAT and you'd like to help.

So I have two kids in my home and this douche puts a bullet through my house I'm supposed to go over and say " hey can you pay for my siding?" Really? That has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.

And I hope the homeowner puts his entire mag center mass. One round gets popped off at your house (property), the guy goes inside and does nothing else. Your response is to have him potentially ventilated by SWAT and you'd like to help.

And I'm crazy.

Yes, if someone intentionally shoots at my house, I would like to see them ventilated. Someone with that little regard for my family is a waste of oxygen to me.

So I have two kids in my home and this douche puts a bullet through my house I'm supposed to go over and say " hey can you pay for my siding?" Really? That has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Yeah really. According to some of these guys, the shooter should be able to shoot up my house every night and as long as he fixes or pays for the damage, he can keep doing it until he finally pops someone. THEN and only then will it be cool for the government to step in.

Nope. Didn't say that's what you should do. I said that if that is what you chose to do, then the po-po can eff off if you didn't want them around. If you want to press charges, then destruction of property is it. Your the one who not only wants people punished for what didn't actually happen (injury or death), but thinks the appropriate response is to send a militarized police fire team crashing through my door with you among their ranks and potentially killing me, my daughter and pregnant wife. For your siding, insulation, drywall, paint, and you kid's shitty water color painting?

Yes, I am talking stupid. Uh-huh.
But as long as nobody in your family is actually hurt, you don't mind the SWAT team busting in on you right? No harm, no foul?

Boy your perception is way off if you think I would actually enter with the swat team, it was an exaggeration meant to show how pissed off I'd be. Duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom