SWAT standoff in Billerica

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to get interesting...

Burlington —

Police have taken one person into custody at the scene of a standoff on Pinedale Avenue.

According to reports, a single .30 caliber shell casing was found at the scene.

Homes along the streetwere evacuated and a command post established nearby.

Police from Wilmington and Burlington were on hand, assisting.

Further details will be released as the become available.

Read more: Updated: Billerica police have one in custody after Pinedale standoff - Burlington, Massachusetts - Burlington Union http://www.wickedlocal.com/burlingt...custody-after-Pinedale-standoff#ixzz29Pk7cWtn

ok,

what exactly are they supposed to do when the cops are already at the door? [laugh]

i think (keyword: think) i get your point, but once the stack is outside the door... you have 2 options.

Oh, you're options suck. The friends are just to right the wrong that's about to transpire. Garand, convert it to a mag and load out with real AP M2. Might as well take the first half of that stack with you.

Or claymores. If you got 'em use 'em

Neighbor saw guy with gun on his own property. He is "known" to have rifles. He seems intoxicated and not answering his phone. Perfect use for SWAT; making the neighbors feel safe and warmy.

SWAT - Safe Warmy And Tactical

1 in custody and animal control is coming to take control of his rottweiller. LTC confirmed to be expired.

So we've got the SWAT team out arresting people and confiscating the dog because a guy engaged in behavior legal with a $100 permit and legal without any permit whatsoever in about 45 states?

**** this state and the a**h*** who called the police in the first place.

Of course they don't bother with of any of the real criminal trash that occupies billerica. This citizen who was the victim of not having up to date papers is a real safety concern.

Yeah we don't have enough details to properly judge what happened yet, but I doubt its any better than it seems.

Billerica –.On Monday, October 15, 2012, at approximately 4:40 PM, Billerica Police received a 911 emergency call for a man pointing and shooting a firearm at a home. Police responded and quickly determined that the suspect was Edward Graboski, 69 years old, from 8 Pinedale Ave, Billerica. Graboski had fled into his home prior to police arrival and refused to engage in any contact with police, either telephonically or in person. Due to the seriousness of the allegations, including the fact that Graboski was alleged to have pointed and shot a firearm at a neighbor’s home, the perimeter was secured and six surrounding homes on Pinedale Ave were evacuated, as well as 880 Plaza on Boston Road. The NEMLEC SWAT team was activated and a command post was set up by Sergeant Steven Elmore at 880 Plaza. At approximately 6:14 PM Edward Graboski was placed into custody without incident by NEMLEC SWAT. A search of his person by arresting officers revealed a loaded .32 caliber revolver. Numerous additional weapons were also located inside his home. Graboski is being charged with Assault by Means of a Dangerous Weapon as well as numerous other firearm related charges. He will be arraigned on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at Lowell District Court.

He probably didn't answer the phone because he was too busy reading the forums on NES. Went outside into custody when he read the post describing his afternoon of shooting an assault BB Gun at some pesky squirrels.

He probably sent in his LTC renewal paperwork 6 months ago and Billerica was "waiting for the state" to return the paperwork.... Of course his choice of .32acp is extremely questionable (as well as the whole shooting at a house thing..).

I was on that street today picking a good friend up for lunch. We were at his house for a while. We didn't see or hear a thing. I talked to him a while ago and he said it is a circus there. He had news crews trying to call his house line. He is familiar with the guy. My friend has kids and is now asking my help in getting his ltc. I think things like this don't make people get rid of guns. I think it makes more people likely to buy more. The news just spins it up out of control.
I hope all goes well for everyone and the dog

A lot of hand wringing in this thread only to find out the guy was shooting at a neighbor's house. Or are we ok with that since nobody got hurt?

A lot of hand wringing in this thread only to find out the guy was shooting at a neighbor's house. Or are we ok with that since nobody got hurt?

If he shot his neighbor's house then he has a legitimate problem. Not sure we need SWAT for that, however.

Did he really shoot at a neighbors house? Or is that just a neighbor claiming so? Some of us like to wait for all the facts to come out. After the incident in NH a few months back, the police like to call swat out for everything.

That must be why I saw an armored vehicle driving with the lights on going south on 95 in the fast lane on my way back from school today. I got a video on my phone of the thing flying by me.

You're saying that shooting at you're neighbor's house should be a civil case?

Vandalism for shooting the house. Discharge of a firearm within 500' of the house I believe to be a misdemeanor not punishable by more than 3 months jail or 50-100$ fine, or both. These are both under the charge of disturbing the peace.

If the owner of the house that was supposedly shot and the alleged shooter agree on terms for repayment/repair, I don't see the need for the po-po to make a criminal out of him. Really depends on the circumstances. People are free to contract with one another, and that should be the first thing the cops try to do. Let them both cool down a bit and see if things can be handled rationally. Of course, that doesn't allow the little boys to play with all their toys and further condition the subjects.

Yeah. That's it. A neighbor calls the cops and says someone is shooting the neighbors house, and police should sit home and see if they work it out on their own.

Some of you guys are a little nuts. If some shoots at my house I don't give a shit what intent was. I want popo to sweep him up. Then, if he has an explanation I'll willing to buy I could be persuaded to drop charges and handle things outside court. Even in the free-est of states there are some things I'd rather the cops handle. With the information available so far, I think the cops handled this well

A person who has had their property damaged or destroyed has had their rights violated. Situation should dictate civil vs criminal. I'd say that your example would be criminal. If they just had their backpacks laying on the ground and you shot them, then it could go either way, depending on what you worked out with the backpacks' owners.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought they said the guy fired a single shot then went inside his house. If it were sustained fire, that's what the 2A is for; return fire.

Wait. What happened to "no victim no crime"

That must be why I saw an armored vehicle driving with the lights on going south on 95 in the fast lane on my way back from school today. I got a video on my phone of the thing flying by me.

Possibly but NEMLEC SWAT keeps most of their gear including the armored vehicle in Billerica. What markings were on it? Could be the Sheriff but I doubt BPD would call in Middlesex for anything other than traffic. BPD and Middlesex Sheriffs Office do not get along at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom