Survival Deals

i have tried a couple of their meals. its ok as long term survival food goes. no as good as mountian house or augason but better than backpackers pantry.

Good to know. It's all better than the alternative, which would be starving.

Just as the experts say you should have enough money in the bank to cover 6 months worth of bills/ expenses, I believe the same should be said for stored food. Actually more. Prices are constantly going up and people getting crazier and crazier.

Good to know. It's all better than the alternative, which would be starving.

Just as the experts say you should have enough money in the bank to cover 6 months worth of bills/ expenses, I believe the same should be said for stored food. Actually more. Prices are constantly going up and people getting crazier and crazier.

This exactly. I think by the time you need this it could be freeze dried raccoon meat and I'd be ok with it.

Last edited:
This exactly. I think by the time you need this it could be freeze dried raccoon meet and I'd be ok with it.

I've heard stories of North Korean people eating the bark off of trees because their crazy gov't leaders refuse to release any food and they're literally starving to death.

My parents were products of the great depression era (1930's), WWII and the Cold War of the 50's & 60's and they always stored about a 6 months supply of food in our cellar (canned goods, dry goods, etc... pre-25 year type food). I grew up in the 60's & 70's and have always had a reasonable (1 - 2 months) amount of emergency food (mainly canned & dry goods) stored in my basement. The .gov at one time actually promoted food storage in the event of an emergency, which at that time was code for a nuclear war. I've been slowly building up my 25 year shelf life supply of E-Food - shooting for at least a 6 -12 month supply at some point. If I end up tossing it all 25 years or so from now I would not care just to have the piece of mind that it's there if my family and I need it.

Last edited:
ee4494f1b4396018b587ce84ed480c48.jpg

My order came in. It is a lot of food for $75.

2 deals I saw while shopping this week:

15oz cans of Goya Chick peas (think Humuus) for .79 at Hannaford, exp date was 2021 - That's not a typo. I bought a case, will buy another tomorrow. I prefer pastene, but these are OK.

1 pound bacon on sale at Market Basket for 2.49. I'm buying probably 40 or 50 pounds and canning 35# of it. My 2013 bacon lasted over a year, but none lasted longer, because I ate it

Any good?
I have about "2 months" worth of food from this company. The servings are not going to get you the advertised time but the food is good tasting and takes up very little space. The prices are generally high but there are sales often. There was a sale recently posted on this forum for the "1 week" supply for $17.95. I ordered the max of 4. I have tried a couple of the meals and I was surprised at how good they were.

Any good?
I have no first hand experience, but reading other posts here people seem to like Patriot Pantry and say to stay away from Food4Patriots.

I did notice there's no mention of how many calories you get for your money, and that's what it's really about. Still, that seems like a good deal and I like the 25 year shelf life. Supplement the meals with some long shelf life buckets of rice to make up the calories and you'll be eating tasty food while not loosing weight.

EDIT: In another thread someone bought a Patriot Pantry 72hr kit. It worked out to 1,500 calories/day. That makes the 3month/1month Woot kit 600calories/$. That's an 1,800 calorie meal for $3. That's pretty good. And I really like the 25 year life so I just bought the $300 kit. Shipping was only $5.

Last edited:
it will be when you have nothing else

I hear that...

I typically have between 80-100 MRE's on hand at home at any given time. I travel with a few in my truck in cooler months and rotate them out here and there. I'm just looking for something to supplement those in a real SHTF scenario where I've depleted that stash (thinking I have a months worth of food for my g/f and I if stuff gets really bad, and would like to keep building the pantry.)

Don't forget about bulk staples like rice. I think of prepper food as fuel. How many calories do I have on hand. These 26lb pails of rice have a 7year shelf life and contain 42,000 calories and don't take up much room. At 900 calories/dollar, it's not the cheapest rice, but it's still cheap calories with a reasonably good shelf life. And for a light diet of 1,800 calories/day, that's $2/day to keep fuel in yourself.

Back
Top Bottom