Survival Deals

FWIW, all of the brands of Market Basket bacon are on sale for $2.49/pound, starting Saturday. I bought > 40# last time I saw it this low, froze a bunch and canned some of it.

Bacon is happiness. If there ends up being any kind of food shortage, you will appreciate nutrient-dense protein.

FWIW, all of the brands of Market Basket bacon are on sale for $2.49/pound, starting Saturday. I bought > 40# last time I saw it this low, froze a bunch and canned some of it.

Bacon is happiness. If there ends up being any kind of food shortage, you will appreciate nutrient-dense protein.

Truth.

Do you cook it and then can it? How long will it hold like this? I'm assuming pressure canning which i wanna get into but I'm so afraid I'm gonna blow up my house or give myself botulism .

Truth.

Do you cook it and then can it? How long will it hold like this? I'm assuming pressure canning which i wanna get into but I'm so afraid I'm gonna blow up my house or give myself botulism .

I sterilize mason jars in a sterilization cycle in my dishwasher, then pressure can them 7 jars at a time. I use these instructions: http://www.paratusfamiliablog.com/search?q=bacon EXCEPT I use baking parchment paper instead of the paper they suggest to get a whole pound of bacon in each jar. The parchment paper has less mass.

So far, I have tested canned bacon that is up to 18 months old, but that is as long as it lasts. [smile] If you want to be able to have full strips after canning, get thick cut bacon. Also, the maple flavored bacon is still edible but not to my liking after it has been canned, but YMMV.

Anyone order the 1 week food supply deal from My Patriot Supply on or around the 29th still waiting on delivery?

Whenever I order something and get the confirmation email, I flag it and when it comes in I delete it. Like a dipshit, I mistakenly deleted their confirmation and have no way to track, no order number, etc. Sent them an email today, but was just curious if guys were still waiting on delivery. Im getting antsy.

Yea I got mine beginning of this week

Anyone order the 1 week food supply deal from My Patriot Supply on or around the 29th still waiting on delivery?

Whenever I order something and get the confirmation email, I flag it and when it comes in I delete it. Like a dipshit, I mistakenly deleted their confirmation and have no way to track, no order number, etc. Sent them an email today, but was just curious if guys were still waiting on delivery. Im getting antsy.

Ordered 7/3 got mine at the begining of the week too.

I ordered my second batch on the 6th and got it yesterday.

No Trash bin to recover it from?

Got a response from them yesterday. Possibly shady (or maybe Im just paranoid). From CRM rather than mypatriotsupply, asked for info which I already provided, etc. Im going to call them tomorrow. I copy/pasted email below. Maybe its just me.

Hi, I ordered a total of four of the one week food supply offered for $17.76 back on June 29 or around there. I believe I mistakenly deleted the confirmation email sent to me. I was wondering if you could tell me when I can expect delivery.

I dont have an order number for you (sorry) I can only tell you I had ordered on or around June 29. The name and address on the order is XXXXXX, XX XXXXX Street Danvers MA 01923. Email is XXXXXXX@ hotmail.com. Phone is 617 XXX XXXX.

Thank you

Their response,

Thanks so much for your email and reaching out to us!

I am extremely sorry that your package has not arrived yet. We have recently started using a new computer program and we are overcoming some minor difficulties. The good news is that we have figured out the issue and we know how to fix the problem!

Do you happen to have the email confirmation from your order? If not, please provide me with the following information:

Website you ordered from
Name on order
Date of order
Amount of order
What items were ordered
Payment Method

As soon as I have this information, I will forward it to my manager, we will add a $10 credit to your account, rebuild your order, and pay for expedited shipping. As soon as your order is ready, we will email you confirmation.

Unfortunately, we are currently in a short back order status as well, and we are in the process of getting caught up. Orders are being shipped out every day in the order of which they were received and we are hoping to be all caught up by the end of next week. Again, I am so sorry for the inconvenience and if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. We do not like to leave our customers hanging and we appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to make things right.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Thank you,
Amy

Ordered on July 2, shipped on the 6th, arrived on the 13th. Took a bit longer than I would expect, but no other issues .

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ordered on June 29th, received July 7th. Not bad considering the holiday weekend was in there. Odd how different the timing seems to be for some.

Just as an update, got a tracking number from Mypatriotsupply. Should arrive Tuesday. They were apologetic and threw a $10 credit my way.

I missed this deal, but I noticed that they are advertising the self life as 30 years. I thought it was 30 years for the cans and 10 years for the pouches.

noticed that as well and I believe the same thing, 30 years for the cans and 10 on the pouches. I passed up this deal as it didn't seem like the best deal for my situation. I'd rather put that towards buckets, Mylar, rice, beans, etc.

Anyone else buy from Steven Cyros from MRE Depot? I have been on his email list for a few years now, and he usually has some unusual freeze dried #10 cans for sale. Recently I purchased a couple of cans of freeze dried Filet Mignon Steaks. Last month he was selling Freeze dried Salmon, and a few years ago I purchased some freeze dried Pork Chops.
These cans come from production over runs for government contracts. The cans are not cheap. I paid $80. for the steaks and Salmon, and $50. for the Pork Chops.
I thought I would pass this along to everyone, these cans could spice up a rather bland diet of rice and beans.

Back
Top Bottom