• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Surplus Underground Missile Base For Sale In Arizona

In the late 70's TCE was everywhere. I remember taking a Q tip, dipping it into the trych, and cleaning food stains off of my ties (which we all wore at the lab). Nobody thought it was dangerous.

I agree, in a confined space with poor ventilation...it might be a real problem to live down there.

And drilling a well for potable water is Iffy too!

Zappa, have it checked for radon and lead paint before we turn it into 55+ NES COMMUNITY, some of our members are sensitive kind.

Perfect! Especially since it's just north of Saddlebrook retirement community.

I'm familiar with the area. I liked it out there (except that 70 degrees at Christmas makes it feel like NOT Christmas).

Also, looking at all of those tunnels reminds me of being a kid in Boy Scouts. We used to camp in an old coastal battery. We played hide & seek in them. We were required to use candles for lighting to prevent us from running too fast and falling into one of the ammunition sub-pits. Ahhh, the good old days!

Weird US Underground Missile Silo Home

Come with us to visit a unique and cozy Kansas home which is located underground in and decommissioned nuclear missile silo.

Weird US Underground Missile Silo Home

Come with us to visit a unique and cozy Kansas home which is located underground in and decommissioned nuclear missile silo.

If I lived in Kansas (tornado alley), I'd seriously consider an underground home.

Back
Top Bottom