Surplus Military Rifle books?? Video's?

Does anyone buy or ready the surplus military gun books? Like the "The Military Mausers of the World" by Robert Ball 3rd edition, or the FN49 book by Joe Poyer, or the Mosin Nagant book ect??

I wanted to get some stuff for reading while i'm relaxing most of the time so i went to amazon.com and purchased a few affordable ones. After receiving the mauser book for one christmas I figured I get a few more. Well my real story is after seeing the DaVinci Code I wanted to buy the book so the wife can read it along with the Holy Blood, Holy Grail too so i used that excuse to get me somemore books too. I'm not really a book reader but as i get older I should be reading i guess yup gun books!!! I'm more interested in the markings and stamps on some of these rifles plus whats rare too.

I figure a good book collection would be;

1. Mauser book
2. Mosin book
3. FN49 book
4. Swiss book
5. SKS book
6. Swedish Mauser book

What do you think. Did I miss anything?

Does anyone have the book; Military cartridges of the world is it any good?

Now how about gunsmith video's like armorers and trigger work video's.

What do you think of these?

I have the 1911/1911a1 armorers video and book, but i was looking at the trigger work video's for the sks's and ak's. The 1911/1911a1 video was more help in understanding how to work on the 1911/1911a1 and how it functions. The armorers book is confusing for me anyway not knowing anything in the beginning. I was looking for help on installing a new barrel and fitting a national match barrel bushing. There's nothing like hands on teaching and learning but the video did walk me thru the barrel/bushing fitting. During test firing I shot 3 clover leafs 3 times at 25yds using wolf 45acp ammo. I guess I did ok.

BigBill said:
I figure a good book collection would be;

1. Mauser book
2. Mosin book
3. FN49 book
4. Swiss book
5. SKS book
6. Swedish Mauser book

What do you think. Did I miss anything?
Small Arms Of The World (Smith)
Handguns Of The World
How about something on GARANDS?

The Military Book Club has some great gun books at bargain prices. Its like joining a video or music club, you have to buy X amount over a period of time to fulfill your contract, and you have to cancel your orders if you don't want the featured selection. But the MBC sends out a monthly mailing with tons of military stuff like model kits, videos, movies, accessories, and of course books. I picked up some sniper books, a book on the German bunkers and fortresses of WW2, diferent military weapons books, etc. all way cheaper than what you'll pay elsewhere. www.militarybookclub.com

Mauser Books (M98 related):
W.D. Ball - Mauser Military Rifles of the World
Richard D. Law - Backbone of the Wehrmacht
Ludwig Olson - Mauser Bolt Rifles

Swedish Mausers:
Dana Jones - Crown Jewels

I have a good list of stuff to get now thanks. I want to have a little libruary of infomation more than the net.

I want to add a British Enfield 303 book and a French Rifle book too "Proud Promise".

Back
Top Bottom