• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Summer Club Memberships?

Are there any clubs in eastern MA/southern NH that have summer memberships? I wouldn't mind joining a club normally, but as a college student it isn't economical to pay $200+ ($300 for the MRA - the club I'd really like to join) for only 2-3 months of shooting out of the year.

Check out Harvard Sportsmens Club. They don't have "summer memberships" but they do have "student,associate and junior memberships for $15.00. It's a great club. If you want to do it, you can probably do it at Harvard.

Southborough Rod & Gun Club

www.srgclub.com

is only $90 / year (there is an initiation fee, but you get part back after a couple work parties and monthly meetings).

Besides, you can still shoot in the winter - we're open year round! If you want more info, PM me or check the website.

Good hunting!

gerry - Does that "Student" membership allow me to join and go anytime I want? Or do I need to be accompanied by another member? Any "restrictions" basically?

Mr. Warrenson - Nice looking club...only issue is I'd have to find sponsors. Is that easy to do?

Thanks for the heads up guys!

Leominster Sportsmen's is $50+$35 initiation www.lsa-ma.org
500 acres next to 2500 acres of state forest!
a fun & laid-back club, lots of organized activities, or just come up & shoot

gerry - Does that "Student" membership allow me to join and go anytime I want? Or do I need to be accompanied by another member? Any "restrictions" basically?

Mr. Warrenson - Nice looking club...only issue is I'd have to find sponsors. Is that easy to do?

Thanks for the heads up guys!

Sponsors are easy at Southboro, myself, boyfriend and roommate are all members and only knew 1 person that sponsored us. Everyone at the club meetings are friendly and will gladly sponsor anyone. We ended up being sponsored by the president of the club and our friend. So I would say contact Amy Coughlin or Mark Monique about when the next review meeting is and come on down! Myself, boyfriend, and roommate will be at the club Thursday evening shooting trap if you want to stop by. There is always someone around the club house that would show you around. [grin]

Sponsors are easy at Southboro, myself, boyfriend and roommate are all members and only knew 1 person that sponsored us. Everyone at the club meetings are friendly and will gladly sponsor anyone. We ended up being sponsored by the president of the club and our friend. So I would say contact Amy Coughlin or Mark Monique about when the next review meeting is and come on down! Myself, boyfriend, and roommate will be at the club Thursday evening shooting trap if you want to stop by. There is always someone around the club house that would show you around. [grin]

I'd love to stop by this Thursday, but I probably won't be able to. Its my birthday so I'm sure the family and I will be going to dinner or something. I really appreciate the offer - its a nice looking club.

Arto - Thanks for another option! Looks like I'm gonna have some heaving weighing and considering to do.

If you don't have a sponsor, Harvard will give you one. I e mailed your other questions to the president. I'll let you know what he says.

I'd love to stop by this Thursday, but I probably won't be able to. Its my birthday so I'm sure the family and I will be going to dinner or something. I really appreciate the offer - its a nice looking club.

Arto - Thanks for another option! Looks like I'm gonna have some heaving weighing and considering to do.

Happy early Bday!

We usually are around the club every Thursday and Sunday for trap/skeet so send a PM if you want to check it out or even any other day we don't mind having an excuse to fit in a trip to the club!

As a student member, you'd have full rights including voting and would receive a keycard. You can come and go as you please and don't need to be accompanied by a senior member. If you'd like to take a look, I'll be there Sat. morning to shoot and to help set up for a sub machinegun match on Sun. It's a very active club in all types of shooting. I shoot everything from muzzleloaders to machineguns and all are welcome at Harvard.

As a student member, you'd have full rights including voting and would receive a keycard. You can come and go as you please and don't need to be accompanied by a senior member. If you'd like to take a look, I'll be there Sat. morning to shoot and to help set up for a sub machinegun match on Sun. It's a very active club in all types of shooting. I shoot everything from muzzleloaders to machineguns and all are welcome at Harvard.

Wow. Exactly what I wanted to hear. Sounds great. I'll see if I can stop by on Saturday morning. Thanks for getting those answers!

We usually are around the club every Thursday and Sunday for trap/skeet so send a PM if you want to check it out or even any other day we don't mind having an excuse to fit in a trip to the club!

Yeesh, so many nice people. If money weren't such an issue I'd join 'em all! I'll let you know if I end up wanting to take you up on that offer. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom