Stupid Trigger Locks...

I've never purchased a gun with a trigger lock before... but I did last night. I bought a Sig Sauer at Bass Pro last night and it came with a trigger lock, but from what I can discern, no way to remove said trigger lock. The guy who sold it to me didn't even mention the trigger lock at all, let alone show me how to unlock it. There doesn't seem to be anything that looks like a key to the lock in the box.

So... seeing as how BP is like a 35 minute drive for me, and I don't feel like going anywhere, anyone feel like telling me how the hell I'm gonna get this POS off of my new pistol?

is it a cable lock?

if so, then you should be able to cut through it. The cable locks are only a deterrent if you dont have something to cut it with..... If its any other type, then i dont know.

Is it the plastic lock? If so you should have a little key with two prongs that is used to unscrew the lock from the gun.

Like this?

ruger44.jpg

Why don't you give them a call?

Because they'll say "whoops, we forgot to give you the key. I guess you're going to have to drive down here to pick it up"

Is it the plastic lock? If so you should have a little key with two prongs that is used to unscrew the lock from the gun.
Today 11:38 AM
Like this?

Yes, exactly. No, no two-pronged key was included.

triggerlock_001.jpg

To answer your question:
The typical Master type trigger lock can be opened by drilling through the key hole. Start small and step up to larger drills. Don't scratch you hand gun!

But I'd call them first.

edited:
I haven't seen the type of trigger lock you posted in years, but you can open them with a pair of pliers by inserting them in the holes and turning (a lot). Don't scratch your hand gun!

Also a pair of dykes will cut the plastic as will a soldering iron. Don't melt your hand gun! :)

Respectfully,

jkelly

Last edited:
same thing happened when i bought a mossy 500 from dicks. I looked around online and found a few videos on how to bypass the remington trigger lock. Took about 2 Minutes to pop off. However, the remington triggerlock didnt look much like the one in your pics....

Because they'll say "whoops, we forgot to give you the key. I guess you're going to have to drive down here to pick it up"

Yes, exactly. No, no two-pronged key was included.

triggerlock_001.jpg

Those are easy. Take 2 toothpicks or small nails, stick them in the holes, and tape them in place like a fork, then just unscrew the small steel plate.
Or use a very thin pair of needle nosed pliers and stick the points in the holes.

It just screws on so you should be able to get it unscrewed but if not I can send you a key if you don't want to drive down to BPS.

Go back to the store. These are the locks they are supposed to keep on the guns on display. They are supposed to remove them at the time of sale.

O/W a HD drill (or better yet a drill press) is your friend.

Now that you have the lock off, it is time to call them and tell them how pissed you are. Tell them you missed an important shoot due to their lack of attention, and demand satisfaction. You'll usually end up with a store gift card in the end.

Go back to the store. These are the locks they are supposed to keep on the guns on display. They are supposed to remove them at the time of sale.

O/W a HD drill (or better yet a drill press) is your friend.

In MA is has to leave the store with a trigger lock. They were just suppose to supply him with a key.

Did you work for the phone company?---Riverside
Interestingly you are not the first person to ask me that. But no I didn't, I'm just old. :)

Respectfully,

jkelly

I carry a couple of extra gun locks in my truck. You never know when you'll need to buy a gun. :)

Respectfully,

jkelly

locks

As stated i keep one in my truck. state law states that you cannot
leave a gun shop with out a lock on it.... if yu go to 4seasons
and buy a handgun you better have a lock, or you will wind up
buying one.....

actuallly i carry a combo trigger lock and one of those dumb cables
never know when you will need one...

JimB

In MA is has to leave the store with a trigger lock. They were just suppose to supply him with a key.

No, I think someone earlier in the thread was right... I don't think they were supposed to leave this trigger lock on when they sold it to me. The gun came with a cable lock.

Back
Top Bottom