Stuck Pin on My C39 AK

SO I bought a used C39 Century AK a few months back. Seemed pretty clean for a used gun. Fired well for the rounds I put through it at the range to test it. (About 2 magazines worth) I had oiled and wiped down the rails and cleaned barrel before testing it. I went to take it apart for a cleaning and noticed firing pin occasionally sticks. Nothing bad, a slight shake or tap and it falls back, but I figured maybe some residue was in the channel I planned to dissasemble to clean it. It is my first AK so I looked up a video. So first pin to remove should free the firing pin. Great. Per Video just need to push it with a punch. Won't budge. I set it up and hit with a hammer still won't budge. I don't have a punch the exact same size and it bends slightly. I try another and it snaps after I try hitting it.front stays flat, buut shaft of punch bends and snaps off after a solid hit. I tried soaking bolt in Kroil overnight, still no budge. I'm guessing previous owner may have jammed it in there, but who knows. My next thought is to try to find an AK cleaning kit with the hopes I can get it free with right size punch, but man that seems stuck. Any other Ideas, before I buy the kit? After the Kroil it sticks less but still occasionally doesn't fall free. I doubt it would go FA on me, but I'd prefer to not find out.

Last edited:
A century made Bolt. Lol. Throw it in the garbage and call century for a new one. There is a reason they made the C2. Sorry just not a fan of their garbage

Understood, but was hoping for practical advice outside of order a new bolt [laugh]. I had money, it burned a hole in my pocket... Regretful decision. but the gun works and functions, I may sell it, but don't want to sink money into it. and century isn't like Ruger or S&W where they will simply replace something like that. They count the warranty from when something is created, not bought, and it is even over a year since when last guy bought it.

get it in a secure vise and get the correct size, it should be a prob. it got in there , it should come out. not like its been in there for 40 years rusted. just keep at it, nothing like a good feeling once you get it. im actually hearing century wont sell you any parts, they just want you to send the gun back.

Thanks to NEA on fast shipping. Damn thing still stuck. It took a while, but this punch started to bend. I may have to call century or find a smith.

are you going to the pumpkin shoot?

No, kinda wish I was.

Preface: I know nothing about AKs. Is the pin the same size on both ends? Some pins can only be driven out one way.

Yep, only comes out one way. Per the guy I bought it from, he never disassembled bolt for cleaning, so he has no Idea.

I don't really have a whole lot of tools. Normally I'd bring this to a fellow NES'r who does and we'd figure it out, but he moved and has not yet moved back to area. If there is a smith in SNH anyone reccomends I'd just take it there. Otherwise I'll probably send to century(ugh). Or just buy a standard AK bolt and hope for the best.

if it's all shitted up you could soak it in gas/PB blaster and then give it a few whacks. i woulda checked it out at the shoot for you if you were going, boris is gonna be there as well.

I had tried soaking in Kroil for a day or so before and had no luck. Would Gas or PB blaster work better? Willing to try anything at this point. Well almost anything, after all I am talking to you..... [wink]

never really used kroil to break shit up, when my SKS had cosmoline stuck everywhere i just dropped the bolt in gas for a few minutes and it was happy as a clam.

i'd be worried someone else already tried to smash that pin the wrong way.

never really used kroil to break shit up, when my SKS had cosmoline stuck everywhere i just dropped the bolt in gas for a few minutes and it was happy as a clam.

i'd be worried someone else already tried to smash that pin the wrong way.

Yeah, that's my fear, or that because bolt rides a bit too low (common issue on these first gens, I really should have researched first.) That it knocked pin in too far.

Sorry for not responding back and also
Sorry to hear the standard ak tool kit pin pusher started to bend .

I would soak it in oil.
Your trying to tap it from the bottom to top I assume ( bottom is the part that strips the round)

Also check the other pin. The extractor pin is notched so the firing pin retains it . I've seen them rotate and bind the firing pin , retaining pin up. You might need to tap on that to release pressure .

if you want to up the weirdness level and really show this thing who is boss--do you have a shop press? [laugh]

it's not going to stay put for long if you are putting that much force on it. that pin WILL come out.

Back
Top Bottom