Stripper + Laser = Problem for Officer

In public safety, whether LEO or FF, you have to be able to explicitly trust the people that you work with.

I believe that I prefaced my remarks with "if what was reported was correct". There is never a good reason to lie to an investigation commission, it is the major offense here. Remember that Clinton was impeached for lying not for his sexual activities. If Bennett did the other things he was accused of it showed such poor judgment that the man deserved punishment and retraining on ethics on the job (but probably less than firing/resignation).

FWIW, I had a high ranking officer lie to me and about me in front of other high ranking officers. Even though he was a very close friend, that lie destroyed the friendship between us. And this was over an agreement we had about a minor accommodation to avoid the perception of a conflict of interest when I joined the PD. It really hurt and I felt betrayed when he did this as he had an easy out with "yes we agreed to this some years ago, but need to change that as of now" . . . which would have fixed his problem with no hard feelings. Instead he chose to deny that we ever had the agreement and it shattered my faith in the man. So I can see myself in the Chief's shoes wrt this incident (again assuming he did lie to the chief).

I don't consider it "LEO bashing" . . . I just can't defend anyone under these circumstances whether he was a LEO, FF or a pizza delivery person. I did not tar and feather the entire department currently or in the past. I did point out some specific individuals that did things that were criminal acts and were convicted of same. Sorry if you think that someone who is an LEO "can do no wrong" and the blue wall should cover them regardless of what they do . . . we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

I don't profess to know the current "players" or anything more than what was published. I have no interest in trying to dig for more info. From your posts on this matter, it would be a fair guess that you are closely associated with the man and thus defending him. Tell you what, if he was wronged, he should see an attorney and sue the town/chief/PD/other officers/etc.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be sexiest in my remark. Please feel free to substitute "ladies" as appropriate where I used "gentlemen".

Back
Top Bottom