• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stripped lowers?

Guys I've tried ordering stripped lowers from two different companies online and they don't list any shipping restrictions yet when I call they say they don't ship to MA so anyone know who will without any BS because the guy On The phone said "we don't ship stripped lowers to MA because we would like to keep our license" is there a rule against stripped lowers being shipped to an ffl?

It's a CYA. Afaik there's nothing preventing it. IANAL.

Try joebobs, primary arms, rainier, buds, gunbroker, brownells, midway, spikes, aeroprecision, etc... You're not trying hard enough

Palmetto, AIMSurplus and I think DSG are no gos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go pay a visit to my friend Johnny at Precision Point in Woburn. Tell him what you want and let him get it in for you.

The companies telling you this are not CYA but merely dumb asses who are clueless and want to forever remain that way. There is no hope in trying to discuss it with them, merely move on to another supplier with a couple of working brain cells.

Primary arms is the one that just told me they didn't want to lose their license. I'm not bashing them because its their own right to sell to whoever but I wasn't sure if I misread any rule because I've had stripped lowers sent here before this one was just on sale. I'll give PPF a shot!

You can't "buy" a stripped lower from anywhere outside your home state!

That is why they are full of shit! The sale for legal purposes is between them and the MA FFL. A MA FFL can order/possess a brand new AW . . . they just can't sell it to a MA resident! That is the law.

So you have a totally clueless FFL that should be put out of business because they don't know the laws under which they must operate!

^ this... I recently might have swayed a vendor of their "policy" . I wont knoiw until I hear back from the FFL. The vendor once they heard my argument and sent them links to the actual law and regulations the response was pretty good.. Thank you for the info but at this point all comminucations about FFL regulated items must be comminucated directly with the FFL license holder and their license on file.
They also comment that their web site does not support a FFL network data base?

Last edited:
Palmetto, AIMSurplus and I think DSG are no gos.

Not for nothing, but I'd really recommend editing out the rest of those vendors unless you want to ruin it for the rest of us. I know a lot of the guys at AIM and the reason they no longer ship stripped receivers to MA is because the AG threatened them. They have an inquisition into the Mass State Police regarding the legality for some reason. Not trying to be a dick about it, I just like the rest of those vendors and prefer them to keep shipping into MA. We already have it hard enough.

So I just got a call back from Primary arms and they are shipping the lower after reading and understanding that it is going to an FFL and not to my personal house. His understanding was that once I get the lower I could make an Ar pistol or SBR or whatever I wanted with it so they would be hunted down for selling an AR pistol or anything but after I explained it to him I guess everything is fine now. So Primary arms isn't a bad company they were very fast with their response and worked everything out.

So I just got a call back from Primary arms and they are shipping the lower after reading and understanding that it is going to an FFL and not to my personal house. His understanding was that once I get the lower I could make an Ar pistol or SBR or whatever I wanted with it so they would be hunted down for selling an AR pistol or anything but after I explained it to him I guess everything is fine now. So Primary arms isn't a bad company they were very fast with their response and worked everything out.

Sounds like primary arms is retarded thinking you'd have it shipped to your house since it would be illegal todo with out a FFl .

Wait - really, we're concerned about vendors that may or may not ship stripped lowers to FFLs in our state? I'm not talking ammo, I'm not talking C&R getting shipped directly to you. We're talking about a receiver, not a firearm - that gets sent to a FFL.

This is no different than a MA approved firearm being transferred across state lines by means of a FFL. Am I missing something? Mods - feel free to edit my post if necessary, but have we gone FR? If we start making this subject taboo - then everyone will treat it as if we're doing something in a grey area, which it's not. Hell, the FRB doesn't even want you to FA-10 a stripped lower until it's a complete rifle.

Wait - really, we're concerned about vendors that may or may not ship stripped lowers to FFLs in our state? I'm not talking ammo, I'm not talking C&R getting shipped directly to you. We're talking about a receiver, not a firearm - that gets sent to a FFL.

This is no different than a MA approved firearm being transferred across state lines by means of a FFL. Am I missing something? Mods - feel free to edit my post if necessary, but have we gone FR? If we start making this subject taboo - then everyone will treat it as if we're doing something in a grey area, which it's not. Hell, the FRB doesn't even want you to FA-10 a stripped lower until it's a complete rifle.

The ag made phone calls ... Or that's what people think cause a few company's stopped sending them to ffl's ..

When I spoke to AIMSurplus they said it was their call after reviewing the laws - and that they're pursuing the issue with the MSP. Which is the wrong org to contact. It's on ARFCOM.
I went down this road with aim few years ago. Gave them all the links. Goal, MGL,MA firearms lawyers.....never a peep. If its their "policy" good luck.
How the heck can an a AG call or send letters threatening legal action on a completely legal issue that must be handled by a in state FFL . I know the ammunition thing can be open to debate on the wording of the law?
There must be something on a ethical level that is wrong with what the AG is doing or has done......arrggh

Here is a quote from one vendor reguarding mass law.
" I reviewed your state laws in regard to the subject...honestly I cant tell if I would be a saint or a felon reading that mess.....sorry I just decide not to ship firearms or ammunition to your state"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom