Storing accessories

SKS Ray

NES Member
If you're like me you have a lot of "gun stuff" that you've ended up with over the years. Also if you're like me a bunch of it is in totes, boxes, and laying around here and there. Slings, mags, parts, tools, etc.

I'm looking to get organized so I'm wondering... what the rest of you do to store your stuff?

Karma. If you aren't using it on a regular basis, there is no reason to keep it. Sell it or give it away.

I have been slowly makeing the switch to clear rotes. Makes it easier to locate stuff. Finding over the years labels lie. I also like tackleboxes for small parts.

I have a big entertainment center in my basement that someone was getting rid of. A lot of space in the main compartment to stock boxes of misc. gun stuff or put up shelves to just place them on. It also has large drawers on the bottom to put all kinds of supplies in. I could also throw on a nice latch and padlock if I ever felt the need to lock it up.

I use a heavy duty metal locking toolbox - 36" drawers means I can, for example, put a an AR lower, a couple uppers, mags, wrench, sling, etc in one drawer, laid out nicely.

If you're like me you have a lot of "gun stuff" that you've ended up with over the years. Also if you're like me a bunch of it is in totes, boxes, and laying around here and there. Slings, mags, parts, tools, etc.

I'm looking to get organized so I'm wondering... what the rest of you do to store your stuff?

Sorted into ammo cans. They work particularly well for storing solvents and other cleaning supplies that have a tendency to leak.

I recently moved my cleaning rig downstairs to my workbench in my rather humid basement. My supplies are now given one dedicated drawer in my Craftsman tool chest; rags and q-tips are still stored in the cans to prevent them for getting nasty and damp.

Otherwise I keep most anything I bring to the range in my range bag--a huge ruck backpack. Reason being, I always seem to forget stuff, so I put in the bag everything I might need for any gun I have and bring it all no matter what I'm shooting.

plastic totes/sliding drawers, etc. works great. i put up some industrial-ish shelving i got at target and loaded all the crap up into boxes and stacked them up in there.

my wife just throws out or yardsales anything i haven't used in 6 months.... i'll have Kate call your Mrs.

You clearly have no understanding of what it's like to be a packrat.

The packrat gene runs deep in my family. My wife calls it "horizontal surface syndrome". I have worked very hard over the years to overcome this disability and for the most part it is working. I do have quite a few books, but that is not the same thing. Really, it is not. Believe me, it isn't.

The packrat gene runs deep in my family. My wife calls it "horizontal surface syndrome". I have worked very hard over the years to overcome this disability and for the most part it is working. I do have quite a few books, but that is not the same thing. Really, it is not. Believe me, it isn't.

I have the classic Visual Basic Win32 API book. Copyright 1996. This is one of the reviewers quotes from the inside cover:
This is it: the eagerly awaited Win32 update to a Win 3.1 classic.

Jeebus. This was eons before .NET and VB as it is known today. dll's and the whole deal. Who even remembers what Windows 3.1 looked like? Well - I do sort of.

Anyway - point is I have books that are completely obsolete but I refuse to toss them. I suppose I could try and find a collector. Then I know they would have a good home.

Back
Top Bottom