• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stolen hunting gear

Please keep your eyes and ears open. My friend had his tree stand and game camera stolen in Bellingham ma. There's some real scum out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always good to put a camera sneaking a peak of your stand. One year I had a guy using my stand and tried to tell me it was his. Too many tools out there.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

A few years back I had a Buddy stand stolen off my own property. Posted the shit out of my land and have not had a problem since.

Or disposed of by an anti hunter. God forbid cops run stand and game camera theft stings during hunting season...

We've lost a couple of stands in the last few years.
Taken off the property of the guy who owned them. [angry]
One they must have made a second trip in with bolt cutters to cut the cable.
If whoever is doing it gets caught, it won't be one of their better days.

Or disposed of by an anti hunter. God forbid cops run stand and game camera theft stings during hunting season...

they do in ME. I saw on that stupid north woods law show. they have gps trackers in stands and hunt down the thieves. I don't think the MA EPO's give a shit about hunters.

It's a shame that people have to be so shitty that something like this is even warranted.

Had a ladder stand stolen this fall actually off my family's property. We were nice enough in years past to turn an eye to all the kids riding their mountain bikes and atvs on the land but after that we dropped a bunch of trees over all the trails. Its a shame. Actually had some yuppie put signs on all of our stands saying Archery only no guns. Funny because we own 42 acres and the stands are smack dab in the middle. Well past the 500ft requirement. Now I make sure to only hunt that stands during shotgun and rifle season.

I had some dudes steal my treestand one time... and it just so happened I ran into them, the dumb bastards decided to take up stand in some bushes with my stand neatly packed up about 20 feet away from them on a trail some 500 yards away from where it was originally located. They of coarse said it was there when they took up that position.

After some tense moments, I decided that the principal of the matter wasn't worth what was about to come next if I pushed the issue further so I grabbed my stand and left.

Had a ladder stand stolen this fall actually off my family's property. We were nice enough in years past to turn an eye to all the kids riding their mountain bikes and atvs on the land but after that we dropped a bunch of trees over all the trails. Its a shame. Actually had some yuppie put signs on all of our stands saying Archery only no guns. Funny because we own 42 acres and the stands are smack dab in the middle. Well past the 500ft requirement. Now I make sure to only hunt that stands during shotgun and rifle season.

Years ago, a brand new anti next door neighbor tried to post no hunting signs on my uncle's land. When told he was posting on land that wasn't his. The neighbor responded "Well that's not the point". My uncle told him, that "yes that is the point". If he tried posting on his land again he would shoot him.

they do in ME. I saw on that stupid north woods law show. they have gps trackers in stands and hunt down the thieves. I don't think the MA EPO's give a shit about hunters.

It's a shame that people have to be so shitty that something like this is even warranted.

Yeah, in free states they care more about this shit.

Wow, by reading this thread apparently there's a whole lot of thieves amongst hunters. You wouldn't think because of the risk of meeting someone with a rifle in the middle of the deep woods that you'd be so brazen to steal their stuff.
[rolleyes]

Wow, by reading this thread apparently there's a whole lot of thieves amongst hunters. You wouldn't think because of the risk of meeting someone with a rifle in the middle of the deep woods that you'd be so brazen to steal their stuff.
[rolleyes]

Those guys are hunters like Rosenthal is a gun owner.

I always thought it showed GREAT BALLS (or possibly supreme stupidity) to steal a hunter's stuff, KNOWING they are right nearby with loaded high powered rifles...

Had a buddy that had his stand and camera taken off private property behind a cemetery . He had permission to be on the land. Town worker found it and took them and gave them to a MA warden. Pried his camera off a tree, but the warden never said boo to the town worker... Got his stand back but the camera was destroyed.

Don't expect any help from the EPOs around here.
They're here to break your balls, not help you.
I was in culture shock when in PA when my buddy asked a warden there about good places to hunt for bear and the guy actually drove him out and showed him a good spot .[shocked]

Back
Top Bottom