• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hunting ban in Middleboro

And hunting license sales in that shit hole will continue to slide. Couldn't happen to a better bunch of idiots on Rabbitt Hill in Westboro.

I mean. Not to be a blowhard but at what point does the morally and ethically grounded man decide to just ignore laws that have no business being passed. If you’re in the woods, and by any commonly understood measure you are not poaching… I’d say you have every right to be there, and defend yourself as needed.
My point exactly. Ignore them

In the last election for Conservation Committee in Middleboro, what was the voter turnout?

Carlisle passed a "no release of an arrow" in their town, when they found out that "No discharge of firearm" didn't cover archery. Galvin was the police chief that pushed that. If I am not mistaken he is now the Mayor of Woburn.
Huh?
The deer committee pushed for hunting on town conservation lands and it turned into a shit show. There was never a no release law in town. You do need written landowner permission to hunt in town. No exceptions.
I don’t ever recall David Galvin taking that position for the 25 or so years I lived there when he was Chief.
When he retired he started his own law firm.

Thats the problem right there. A government, no matter local, state, federal, will make up some BS law or ruling knowing it will be fought out in court. The government has deeper pockets than the average Joe. They’ll keep fighting or delaying until they win/lose, or the other party runs out of money and gives up. My feeling is, if the plaintiff does indeed win, then the government defendant should pay all the other party’s legal fees. That might make the government more accountable.
Depends on the town regarding money. Our former town engineer once threatened me with eminent domain. I worked it out amicably with the town manager but was told they couldn't afford to fight me in court anyway.

On the flip side I recall that the town of Granby blew its budget by April one year because of the legal fight to keep a gun range closed. I may have facts twisted a little but that's the gist of it.

To say nothing of the fact that such a ban would be illegal. Hunting is a protected activity on WMA lands in the town, such as Rocky Gutter. State law supersedes municipal law and consequently, their new feel-good law isn't worth the paper they will write it on.

Someone should inform these ass wipes before they waste more taxpayer dollars defending a law in court in a case they are guaranteed to lose.

Sure they can, because what happens is they arrest you and you have to fight it showing they don't have the authority. I went through the same BS in my town, even though the rule goes against state law I don't have standing to fight it. So if I violate the ordinance they either ignore the rule and ask me to leave and if I don't I get hit with trespass and get arrested or they charge me with the rule and I get arrested, either way I lose my job due to the arrest.

No, no that's not what would happen. If you're on a WMA (state land) and someone calls the town popo, the town popo will NOT have jurisdiction. WMAs are under the purview of the environmental police. So they would get referred there, at which point the EPO would tell them to take a flying leap. If a townie does show up and harass you, you simply say - Am I being detained? If the answer is yes, you ask to be turned over to the environmental police as they have jurisdiction. When they show up, they'll educate the townie so they don't waste their time in the future.

All the EPOs I've ever encountered are also hunters and have little tolerance for lawfare bullshit against hunters.

No, no that's not what would happen. If you're on a WMA (state land) and someone calls the town popo, the town popo will NOT have jurisdiction. WMAs are under the purview of the environmental police. So they would get referred there, at which point the EPO would tell them to take a flying leap. If a townie does show up and harass you, you simply say - Am I being detained? If the answer is yes, you ask to be turned over to the environmental police as they have jurisdiction. When they show up, they'll educate the townie so they don't waste their time in the future.

All the EPOs I've ever encountered are also hunters and have little tolerance for lawfare bullshit against hunters.
Yeah, that's exactly how it would work. :rolleyes:

This would take away an enormous portion of shotgun deer hunting on the south shore where it's already nearly impossible to accomplish and according to the state the deer population is out of control.

Middleboro has always been the place to go for shotgun season
I didn't know this (don't hunt in MA). Where do people go in Middleboro?

No they can't! There is case law on that, Snowling vs Teasdale. That states cities and towns have no jurisdiction over state lands. Now what can happen is like what happen in Tyngsborough where the drunken state senator from Lowell put a one line amendment to a bill prohibiting hunting on Flints Pond and the idiots from Fakers and Wankers knew about it and did nothing to squash the amendment. Yeah, Wayne MacCallum at his best. FU Fakers and Wankers.
What happens if you have to cross town land to get to your hunting spot. Then they see you dragging a deer out. How will you prove you didn't shoot it on town property?

Or even if they harass you on State land. How will you prove where you are standing?

Unless you have a camera that also records GPS location, you will be in for a fight.

Now, technically, the town would need to prove you were in town land. How will they prove that, I have no idea, unless they have video or a pic of a gut pile with GPS location. Even that might not be enough aince it can be photoshopped or created afterwards.

But this is MA, where the accused has to prove his innocence.

I say just go in and do it.

To say nothing of the fact that such a ban would be illegal. Hunting is a protected activity on WMA lands in the town, such as Rocky Gutter. State law supersedes municipal law and consequently, their new feel-good law isn't worth the paper they will write it on.

Someone should inform these ass wipes before they waste more taxpayer dollars defending a law in court in a case they are guaranteed to lose.
This....waste of time.

I hunted lots of "closed" towns in the Berkshires....state land was never closed. Tons of people hunted state land.

But you did need a permission for private, which I hunted......The one warden I ran into never asked though. Just asked for my hunting license as I was getting to my truck one late afternoon. Showed it to and we talked about the town being closed and stuff....he didn't like that the town was closed at all. Basically said....you can hunt posted private land all you want her for all I care. Permission or not. I don't enforce that, nor any trespass orders........the town put that in, and their huge police force (not) in New Marlboro, can deal with it.

Im sure other wardens didn't have that take but this guy was cool. Basically said, if its not state land, I don't care. Im only bugging you because I was crossing over into Sandisfield SF and figured I'd check your license and ask how things were going on private at the same time.

Last edited:

I don't claim to be a badass. I just have experience on the topic which you do not. I'm commenting from that position of experience. If you want to stay home because you're afraid of a Karen, go ahead. Me - I'm going to hunt rocky gutter and not even think twice about it no matter what "law" they pass.

I don't claim to be a badass. I just have experience on the topic which you do not. I'm commenting from that position of experience. If you want to stay home because you're afraid of a Karen, go ahead. Me - I'm going to hunt rocky gutter and not even think twice about it no matter what "law" they pass.
Yeah, you know everything, I forgot you are an expert in town and state government as well as weather.

Here is the meeting from where this began. Just trying to keep speculation done a bit

scroll forward to 1 hour 24 minutes. last 15 minutes
They reference Duxbury right off the bat. This is how it spreads
Create a policy in 10 minutes discussion to ban hunting on town conservation property. WTF

Last edited:
He's an expert on one thing....State WMA land is not getting closed to hunting no matter what the town does, and anything a town dipshit cop "tries" to enforce on that land is illegal.
Yeah, but when they try to enforce it if you resist things don't always go the way we imagined in our heads.

What happens if you have to cross town land to get to your hunting spot. Then they see you dragging a deer out. How will you prove you didn't shoot it on town property?

Or even if they harass you on State land. How will you prove where you are standing?

Unless you have a camera that also records GPS location, you will be in for a fight.

Now, technically, the town would need to prove you were in town land. How will they prove that, I have no idea, unless they have video or a pic of a gut pile with GPS location. Even that might not be enough aince it can be photoshopped or created afterwards.

But this is MA, where the accused has to prove his innocence.

I say just go in and do it.
You don't have to prove anything, they have to prove that you did.
I had such an incident in "Carlisle", a young lad had permission to hunt a piece of land in Concord and dragged a deer into "Carlisle" to a road for his brother to pick him up. Some radical animal rights bitch called the cops who showed up, then called me, as once again they were outside their bounds and needed help to screw the kid, again that didn't happen. I ended taking the deer and the hunter to the checking station and gave the hunter a "Non-Criminal" Citation for untagged deer. and gave him his deer back as required by law. Oh, I got called into Boston to get my ass chewed because I didn't cater to the Bitch who was a friend of Commissioner Walter Bickford. Allan McGroary was the Director doing the bidding for his buddy Bickford.

Yeah, but when they try to enforce it if you resist things don't always go the way we imagined in our heads.

I mean, they could. We just don't have the stones for it. At what point does the label of tyranny apply? I would argue this counts as oppressive. If an EPO or townie wants to die on an unnecessary hill the libtards sent them up... is that our fault?

I guess it's our duty to just get out there and vote away this problem. Forgive me for my lack of optimism regarding that particular plan

Resist?

Think he said he'd wait for an EPO to sort it out. Or should be....... Sure....that EPO could be an political ass kissing, knows someone, don't know shit, appointee. Or....your could get someone like FisherTech who sounds like he doesn't give a fxck about political correctness. I agree his breed is probably dwindling out there in the EPO world nowadays.

Either way, state law says if it goes to court the whole thing gets thrown out, WRT hunting on state land. Anything on private land...yeah...your gonna have some legal jeopordy.

Last edited:
Resist?

Think he said he'd wait for an EPO to sort it out. Sure....that EPO could be an political ass kissing, knows someone, don't know shit, appointee. Or....your could get someone like FisherTech.

Either way, state law says if it goes to court the whole thing gets thrown out.
there are numerous vids on YouTube and posted here were someone ask to have a higher authority posted were the popo doesn't like people questioning their authority, what should happen and what does happen are often two very different things is all I am saying.

Huh?
The deer committee pushed for hunting on town conservation lands and it turned into a shit show. There was never a no release law in town. You do need written landowner permission to hunt in town. No exceptions.
I don’t ever recall David Galvin taking that position for the 25 or so years I lived there when he was Chief.
When he retired he started his own law firm.
I think that you need to check the town by-laws. Galvin is a Whore who I went nose to nose with over the deer issue that I mentioned in this thread, The officer involved was "Streeter" I think he went to Salisbury and became chief there. If that is the case you know what happen if that is the same person who became chief in Newton, NH

Resist?

Think he said he'd wait for an EPO to sort it out. Or should be....... Sure....that EPO could be an political ass kissing, knows someone, don't know shit, appointee. Or....your could get someone like FisherTech who sounds like he doesn't give a fxck about political correctness. I agree his breed is probably dwindling out there in the EPO world nowadays.

Either way, state law says if it goes to court the whole thing gets thrown out, WRT hunting on state land. Anything on private land...yeah...your gonna have some legal jeopordy.
Thank You for the compliment. I have been raised to believe of doing what is right is more important than doing the right thing. Of course being a "Jarhead" only reenforces that thinking process.

You don't have to prove anything, they have to prove that you did.
I had such an incident in "Carlisle", a young lad had permission to hunt a piece of land in Concord and dragged a deer into "Carlisle" to a road for his brother to pick him up. Some radical animal rights bitch called the cops who showed up, then called me, as once again they were outside their bounds and needed help to screw the kid, again that didn't happen. I ended taking the deer and the hunter to the checking station and gave the hunter a "Non-Criminal" Citation for untagged deer. and gave him his deer back as required by law. Oh, I got called into Boston to get my ass chewed because I didn't cater to the Bitch who was a friend of Commissioner Walter Bickford. Allan McGroary was the Director doing the bidding for his buddy Bickford.
You just proved my point. Guilty until you prove your innocence.

The person was lucky you were cool. What if you weren't?

I get it, THEY have to prove you did something wrong. But they will f*ck with you all they want, there is no negative for them. That is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom