Stolen Glock in Oxford

I found this story in the T&G this morning. I apologize it it is a dupe.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20080124/NEWS/801240585/1004/NEWS04

3 youths arrested in gun theft

Semiautomatic handgun missing

By Ellie Oleson CORRESPONDENT

OXFORD— After a shotgun shell was found Tuesday morning in a men’s room at Oxford High School, two local gun owners decided to check their gun safe. They found that a semiautomatic handgun and bullets were missing.

Yesterday, three teenagers were arrested and charged in the case. The gun has not been found.

“Somewhere out there is a loaded gun. We’re looking to get this gun off the streets. Anyone with information is asked to call us,” said Police Chief Michael J. Boss.

Michelle L. Laramee of 19 Leicester St. last night said that she and her husband, Michael P. Laramee, who are both licensed to carry, erroneously heard that a gun had been found at Oxford High School. A shotgun shell was found, but no gun.

She said the couple decided to do an inventory of their weapons.

“We were horrified to find that a gun was missing. It probably hadn’t been out of the safe for 10 years. We take our gun ownership very seriously. We have our guns double-locked in safes, with guns and ammunition stored separately and the keys hidden. We took all precautions,” Mrs. Laramee said.

She said that she and Mr. Laramee immediately called police to report the missing gun and ammunition.

Chief Boss said, “Mr. Laramee was concerned since he has a daughter at Oxford High School and she has friends that come to his house, so he checked his weapons. He called us at 10:02 p.m. Tuesday to report that his 9 mm Glock semiautomatic handgun and two clips with a total of 25 rounds of ammunition were missing.”

Oxford Police Officers Jeromy T. Grniet and Christopher D. Hadis took Mr. Laramee’s report and did a preliminary investigation Tuesday night, followed up yesterday by the Officer Grniet and Detective William C. Marcelonis.

As a result of that investigation, Alan T. Bates, 17, of 20 Leicester St. and two 16-year-old boys, all Oxford High School students, were arrested yesterday and charged with possession of a firearm, larceny of a firearm and breaking into a safe, Chief Boss said.

All three were being held at the Oxford Police Station last night. Mr. Bates’ cash bail was set at $1,000.

Chief Boss said that one of the 16-year-olds and Mr. Bates are cooperating with police, but the other boy is not cooperating.

“This remains under investigation. Further charges might be pending,” Chief Boss said.

Police also are investigating the shotgun shell found at the high school, but cannot say if it is related to the missing handgun.

Mrs. Laramee said she and her husband don’t own any shotgun shells.

No charges have been filed in the high school case, Chief Boss said, noting that because the high school incident prompted the Laramees to check their gun safe, “this (missing gun) case is a byproduct of that incident at the high school.”

“We were horrified to find that a gun was missing. It probably hadn’t been out of the safe for 10 years. We take our gun ownership very seriously. We have our guns double-locked in safes, with guns and ammunition stored separately and the keys hidden.

I'm guessing that 1) it wasn't a real gun safe, but rather a cheap gun cabinet and 2) that the perps found the key.

And why would one immediately think to check their gun storage facility after hearing about a shotgun shell at the high school?

WhodaThunk?

How would you know if some Ammo was Missing? Do you guys count your bullets?

I grabbed a jacket last week that I had not worn for a while and after donning it I said to myself Self Gesus this is allful heavy! It had 50 rounds of 12 Ga 3" in the pockets

If it was .9mm I proberbly would not have noticed.

My son and I were having a talk last week about why "Kids" to use that term loosly Play with guns. He theroized that is was because they were not allowed to use them when they wanted and it was that temptation that made them the forbidden fruit.

I think every friend that I had growing up had a gun or two just laying around the houses. Some where even Loaded. Oh My!

Hence if you treat every gun like its loaded the danger is diminished

Guess I better deCap the Smokepole

Last edited:
How would you know if some Ammo was Missing? Do you guys count your bullets?
The article said two mags (well, they wrote "clips" [puke]), and 25 rounds. Sounds like a 15-rounder and a 10-rounder, which they kept full - assuming the reporter has it right and isn't doing a little ignorant extrapolation.

OXFORD— After a shotgun shell was found Tuesday morning in a men’s room at Oxford High School, two local gun owners decided to check their gun safe. They found that a semiautomatic handgun and bullets were missing.

Ah, yes, the dreaded 'semiautomatic' again.

You know, that's the evil one that goes bang each time you pull the trigger, just like the revolver does.

Michelle L. Laramee of 19 Leicester St. last night said that she and her husband, Michael P. Laramee, who are both licensed to carry, erroneously heard that a gun had been found at Oxford High School. A shotgun shell was found, but no gun.

She said the couple decided to do an inventory of their weapons.

19 Leicester St

19 Leicester St

19 Leicester St

19 Leicester St
[shocked]

19 Leicester St

19 Leicester St

19 Leicester St

19 Leicester St
[shocked]

That's what I can't believe.....!
Christ. Printing the address. .. for my money, the kid across the street is nailin' the daughter, they found the keys and went exploring.
The kid and his buddys came back while the family was out and lifted the gun/ammo.

They grabbed these kids fairly quickly......did the daughter give them up?

That's what I can't believe.....!
Christ. Printing the address. .. for my money, the kid across the street is nailin' the daughter, they found the keys and went exploring.
The kid and his buddys came back while the family was out and lifted the gun/ammo.

They grabbed these kids fairly quickly......did the daughter give them up?

Somebody dimed them out, that's for sure. I'd bet on the girl.

Could it be that mom and dad overheard snippets of conversations and decided to investigate? Just think how badly it would go if the police came knocking on their door asking about their missing gun and mom and dad didn't know it was missing.
Proactive parents. There should be more of them.
FWIW: I would have a fairly good idea of how much ammo was missing from my storage.
Best Regards.

Back
Top Bottom