• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stock Size

Can I put an adjustable stock on my MT6700?....And/or a shorter bbl?

Last edited:
Not sure what an MT6800 is. I'm guessing a Colt Match Target but I have never heard of that model number.

If it is a post ban AR15 in CT you can not have a telescoping stock because of the AWB. As far as barrel length goes that is regulated at the federal level to 16". Anything shorter than that requires a tax stamp as it would be an SBR.

6700 , my typo.

MODEL: MT6700, MT6700C (Compensated version)
NAME: Match Target Competition HBAR
FINISH: Matte black
ACTION: Semi Auto, Gas operated, Multi-lug rotary locking bolt
CALIBER: .223 Rem
CAPACITY: 9 Rounds
BARREL LENGTH: 20”
RIFLING TWIST: RH. 1 Turn in 9”
RIFLING GROOVES: 6
TRIGGER: Smooth
FRONT SIGHT: Adjustable post for elevation
REAR SIGHT: Adjustable for windage and elevation
SIGHT RADIUS: 201⁄4”
WEIGHT: 8.5 lbs
OVERALL LENGTH: 39”
SPECIAL FEATURES: Removable carry handle allows for scope mounting OPTIONAL FEATURES: Compensator

Hey bud, I'm in the same boat as you. I have the same rifle and want a stock a few inches shorter to get my weapon in a more comfortable position, however, every stock I see out there is collapsible. Are there no shorten, fixed length stocks out there?

in CT, the stock has to be fixed, but is there a regulation for how short it can be? i.e. can I pin my tele stock in the shortest position?

this is just another example of dummy politics, isn't it

Feds say barrel longer than 16" and OAL of 26" or else you've made an SBR. The AR action is pretty long, I don't think you can get it under 26" with a 16" barrel.

Back
Top Bottom