• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Would it be legal to adjust a fixed six-position collapsible stock and re-pin it?

I currently have a CT compliant Smith & Wesson 15-22. The gun came with a six-position collapsible stock fully expanded and pinned. I would like to have the stock pulled in one notch and re-pinned. Would the gun still be Connecticut legal?

You're good to go; however, if you don't re-pin it you will be a felon. There are no statutes in CT law relating to the length of rifles. Federal length limit is 26" OAL and an AR15 with a 16" barrel will NEVER have a short enough stock to drop below 26" OAL.

Last edited:
I'd suggest you first remove the buffer tube from the rifle and adjust it while it is not on the rifle.

Then its just a telescoping stock. Its not a telescoping stock on an AW. This will keep you legal

;-)

. .

check the stock, I have a SW MP15 Mass compliant with a pinned stock. I removed the pin to shorten the stock and found it is not a telescoping stock, only looks like one.

check the stock, I have a SW MP15 Mass compliant with a pinned stock. I removed the pin to shorten the stock and found it is not a telescoping stock, only looks like one.

Hmm. Is yours in .223?

The OP's question was about .22LR

I have an M&P 15-.22 and the stock is a standard telescoping with a pin in it.
On the .22, the buffer tube is part of the one piece lower receiver. So the stock itself is a separate piece.

On the .223 guns, I believe the buffer tube and stock are one piece, screwed into a standard AR lower.

Don

Hmm. Is yours in .223?

The OP's question was about .22LR

I have an M&P 15-.22 and the stock is a standard telescoping with a pin in it.
On the .22, the buffer tube is part of the one piece lower receiver. So the stock itself is a separate piece.

On the .223 guns, I believe the buffer tube and stock are one piece, screwed into a standard AR lower.

Don

Back
Top Bottom