Still Jerking the Freakin' Trigger!

I'll answer for Tom.

"Nope, no MA trigger. I installed the APEX kit a couple of months back and it's like night and day. I even wrote a review of it!"

Excellent! Back to work on trigger pull, then.......not as easy a fix, but worth more in the long run.

Check your front site. Mine was off center causing me to shoot left also. I did not notice until I installed new sights, which I made sure were centered.

If you are going to dry fire the m&p a great deal do yourself a favor and get snap caps. Lots of broken firing pins from heavy springs have been reported by shooters and dealers with these. One guy at my club sent his back twice because he didn't learn the first time. You can do what you like (and some will say S&W says it is fine) but I wouldn't test it if it were my gun.

Great advice though by most on the mental thing. It is not an issue of using snap caps in your mag because it appears you do not have a flinch issue but are not pulling through the trigger smoothly. Hate to say it but I still jerk the stupid trigger on the sigma a bit but no problem with my other firearms. Lots to do with the crappy trigger. The m&p shoots much better after the trigger job and is only about $25 or $30.

edit- you may want to check your finger placement on the trigger as well. often causes a jerk in the pull instead of straight back smooth pull if you are not on the sweet spot of your trigger finger.

Imagine the following image in your mind:

demoncrat+nancy+pelosi+ugly.bmp

You won't jerk it anymore.

Rich

Put it on a timer.

I think it would be really interesting to have a "post your El Prez Time!" or similar on this forum. I'd be very interested to know just how well some of our members actually shoot in real life, and people would be able to temper my advice with knowledge of my slowness.[grin]

It could go right there next to the Rep score.

Another bit of advice is to double up your hearing protection -- plugs and muffs.

This has worked pretty well for me.

To those who responded with some flavor of "Just stop doing that", I believe you were right. Had my best results ever shooting last night with nothing special going on except to remind myself to chill out and don't jerk.

I still jerked a couple of shots but I realized it instantly and flogged myself.

Thanks for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom