Steyr AUG, lots of new and great things coming out! (and a few things for the MSAR)

Would you say the AUG is probably going to cost what the Tavor costs when Steyr releases it on the market? And would they release the one that accepts the NATO mags which i assumes means standard AR mags

Would you say the AUG is probably going to cost what the Tavor costs when Steyr releases it on the market? And would they release the one that accepts the NATO mags which i assumes means standard AR mags

The AUG has been on the market for a long time, and generally costs a few $100 more than the Tavor.

I think AUG/A3-SA is rare more because of the high price tag than anything else.

oh really, i've seen AUGs for sale but thought they were rare guns and not in wide spread production.
Two years back, you would have been correct regarding A3 rarity.

The new AUG/A3-SA USA is expensive, but isn't all that uncommon, at least compared to the AUG A1, USR, or the original 9mm conversions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_AUG

ManVenture Outpost has magazines and the Steyr carrying case

NEW AUSTRIAN Steyr factory magazines are a shockingly low $15 @ manventure outpost. 42 and 30rd mags.
MVO has increased their price for the magazines, they're now $16.34 each.

And if your AUG didn't come with a carry case, MVO has the black soft case for just $45.
STYROYAL-10210_1.jpg

I paid $50 to get one of these elsewhere, and it's well worth the price.

The 20" barrels and 9mm kits are pretty nice.

16" in 1/7 and 20" in 1/7, and the barrel from the 9mm kit.
9mm barrel is not threaded, but can be threaded to any pitch instead of being stuck with 13x1 LH.

7KFHnfo.jpg

The 20" barrels and 9mm kits are pretty nice.

16" in 1/7 and 20" in 1/7, and the barrel from the 9mm kit.
9mm barrel is not threaded, but can be threaded to any pitch instead of being stuck with 13x1 LH.

7KFHnfo.jpg

You get the new 9mm conversion already??

I'm glad I found this post because I want a Bullpup for my next rifle and I really want an Aug. But, I thought they were specifically named as illegal under the MA AWB. So can you get a new one in MA with pinned brake, etc., or does it have to be preban?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's perfectly legal. Steyr USA is not the exact named Steyr on ban list as previous poster explained. I bought a brand new AUG A3 from PJ investments (company specializing in steyr augs) with their CQC package installed. I then had it transferred through Pullman Arms in Worcester ma about 8months ago

It's perfectly legal. Steyr USA is not the exact named Steyr on ban list as previous poster explained. I bought a brand new AUG A3 from PJ investments (company specializing in steyr augs) with their CQC package installed. I then had it transferred through Pullman Arms in Worcester ma about 8months ago

Did PJ Investments handle pinning a muzzle brake for you?

Awesome, thank you! I am somewhat close to pullman and want them to handle another transfer for me anyway. Really glad I saw this before I bought a Tavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Pullman is a full micro welding facility. They can pin, thread custom make anything. They did it flawlessly. They pinned the factory tulip "brake"

No Pullman is a full micro welding facility. They can pin, thread custom make anything. They did it flawlessly. They pinned the factory tulip "brake"

Thanks. Good to know.

Out of curiosity, have you had an opportunity to shoot a Tavor? If so, what specifically makes you prefer the AUG?

Back
Top Bottom