State House News: Today Urgent!

All,

Today the Senate adopted a House order granting the Committee on the Judiciary until June 12 to report on the following House bills:

H 3991 Gov. Patrick’s bill recommending legislation relative to reducing gun violence. Among others...

I cannot tell you how important - DEFEATING - this bill is. For those who have forgotten...this is the "one gun a month bill". On June 12th the Judiciary will be required to report this bill out - favorably or unfavorably.

If this bill sees the light of day we're all going to have to make a MAJOR effort to defeat it in the Senate. That means doing four (4) things:

#1 Knowing who your Senator is!
#2 Taking the time to make a phone call to your Senator's office.
#3 Taking time to WRITE your Senator and e-mail.
#4 Taking time to WRITE your Senator a written letter.

More..on June 12 or 13 as the information becomes available.

Last edited:
If this bill passes, I will be putting my house up for sale the very next day and moving to NH. Enough is enough.

Sell now while your house is still worth something.... MA house prices are still falling... NH house prices have mostly stabilized...

Here is all of our chances to put our money where our mouth is. Write your representatives and senators, get on the phone, send the emails out.

Be sure to include the address to Deval Patricks Gun Control comments website. Here they can see for themselves how the people of MA feel about gun control and how many votes they will be losing if they do not oppose this bill. http://devalpatrick.com/issue.php?issue_id=7583294

Let's show this florida reject moonbat how we feel about him and all his followers.

Sell now while your house is still worth something.... MA house prices are still falling... NH house prices have mostly stabilized...

Yeah, I was all set to move and buy a house in Windham, NH (not really far enough north to escape a lot of the MA transplants, but close enough for my commute to Cambridge), was about to make an offer on a house and then my wife changed her mind and didn't want to move from Central MA yet. [angry]

I have to keep working on her (easier than fighting the legislature in MA). Plus cheap beer and fireworks. And I could get that Kimber 10mm I have been drooling over.

Yeah, I was all set to move and buy a house in Windham, NH (not really far enough north to escape a lot of the MA transplants, but close enough for my commute to Cambridge), was about to make an offer on a house and then my wife changed her mind and didn't want to move from Central MA yet. [angry]

I have to keep working on her (easier than fighting the legislature in MA). Plus cheap beer and fireworks. And I could get that Kimber 10mm I have been drooling over.

There may be mass transplants, but that doesn't make it illegal for you to walk around town open carrying.

State House News Today: URGENT, URGENT, URGENT!

BURKE SAYS GUV’S CRIME PACKAGE SUBJECT OF ACTIVE DISCUSSION
The governor is actively discussing anti-crime legislation with lawmakers, his top public safety aide told the News Service on Tuesday. “I think there’s been movement recently, real discussion,” Secretary of Public Safety Kevin Burke said. “The governor’s pushing hard. Both branches are listening.” Patrick filed legislation in April 2007 to reduce gun violence (H 3991) and to govern post-release supervision of convicts (H 500), and both have been awaiting action in the Judiciary Committee since April 2007. A third bill, revising employer access to criminal records (H 4476), has been in the same committee since this past January. Late last month, the Legislature extended the deadline to report on those bills until June 12. Burke said the governor “views that as a good thing” because it means the Legislature is giving his bills a chance. In December, Burke attended a Judiciary Committee hearing and delivered a stern message from the governor, slamming committee leaders for taking up a death penalty bill and delaying action on his crime package. Burke’s remarks drew a sharp response from the committee’s chairmen, Rep. Eugene O’Flaherty and Sen. Robert Creedon.

State House News Update: 2008.06.12

JUDICIARY COMMITTEE: The House adopted an O’Flaherty order granting the Judiciary Committee until June 30 to report on bills that had been due for a report by today under a previously adopted extension order.

Keep the pressure on them...don't give up![wink]

Update: 7/18/2008

The House also accepted an extension order for the Committee on the Judiciary, giving the committee until the end of the month, and the end of formal sessions, to come up with reports on a litany of bills, including Patrick’s bill reforming the Criminal Offender Record Information systems.

EXTENSION ORDER – JUDICIARY: The House adopted an O’Flaherty order to give the Committee on the Judiciary until Thursday, July 31, to report on a number of bills in the committee. The bills included H 500 from the governor recommending legislation relative to further regulating post-release supervision. The time was 11:41 am.

------

I don't want to sound to optimistic here, but it looks possible that this H.3991 bill won't see the light of day. However, this is mASSachusetts, so at the last hour on the last day of the session they could sock it to us and then run away. Keep the pressure on...

Back
Top Bottom