• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield XDS (9mm)

Like the 45 ACP that was released earlier last year, a real beauty. Kicking the tires on line, it looks like it has a "loaded chamber indicator", but I can't get a spec on the trigger pull. Far fetched to think its MA compliant, but hopeful!

XDS 9mm.png

Uhhh no, no SA will ever be on the roster unless it gets done away with. It has a small LCI which I love that they didn't pull a retarded red flag like my SR9c has. I love my XDs in .45 and would get a 9mm just to have another.

Never be MA compliant, but who cares. (Springrield absolutely refuses to even submit the guns for testing.) They will come into the state, whether Martha & co like it or not, however.

Only thing lame about the gun is the grip safety. Kinda reminds me a little bit of the Walther PPS, except it has a mag release that is much better.

-Mike

Never be MA compliant, but who cares. (Springrield absolutely refuses to even submit the guns for testing.) They will come into the state, whether Martha & co like it or not, however.

Only thing lame about the gun is the grip safety. Kinda reminds me a little bit of the Walther PPS, except it has a mag release that is much better.

-Mike

I agree. That't not on the ACP, correct? My issue(s), and the list is long, is that I LOVE MY 229, but its a little heavy (duh). I refuse to give it up, but am looking for something a little lighter (maybe slightly smaller) - whether it be a M&P Shield, Glock 26, XDS, et al. Just need to navigate getting it behind the (MA) iron curtain.

Last edited:
I'd love to get and xdm. I emailed SA urging them to go through the testing process. I know that they wont but hey maybe if people are asking they will rethink it. It would be worth it to them.

The grip safety on the XDs .45 is actually not that bad. I also a XDm in 9mm and the grip safety on that is more annoying for some reason. I hardly notice it on the XDs. Don't know what the trigger pull is on it, but its somewhere around a factory Glock if that helps any. Not as light as the full size XDm, but lighter and shorter than a LC9

beautiful.jpg

oops ... CATS!!!

When the XDM was released I called and spoke with their legal department rep and he said they were very seriously considering submitting a few pistols for the whole Mass Compliance process. For what that's worth...

Maybe we should find out roughly how many they need to sell to make submission worth it....and then get a group buy going. I would love an XDs or XDm. I'll try and give them a call tomorrow and see what they say.

I agree. That't not on the ACP, correct? My issue(s), and the list is long, is that I LOVE MY 229, but its a little heavy (duh). I refuse to give it up, but am looking for something a little lighter (maybe slightly smaller) - whether it be a M&P Shield, Glock 26, XDS, et al. Just need to navigate getting it behind the (MA) iron curtain.

Every XD has a grip safety on it. it's just part and parcel of the platform. It's not so much the grip safety that bugs me its that you can't rack the slide when it's depressed, unless they've changed that... .

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe we should find out roughly how many they need to sell to make submission worth it....and then get a group buy going. I would love an XDs or XDm. I'll try and give them a call tomorrow and see what they say.

Doesn't matter, Springfield does not care about MA compliance. Your complaints will fall on deaf ears.

If we could somehow or another destroy CMR940, then maybe they would start caring, because at least that way the approval process will involve a documented process for approval and not a 2nd tier of garbage that can't be tested for.

-Mike

Every XD has a grip safety on it. it's just part and parcel of the platform. It's not so much the grip safety that bugs me its that you can't rack the slide when it's depressed, unless they've changed that... .

-Mike

I own three XDm's and I rack the slide all the time while gripping the safety.

Last edited:
I thought the XDS in 45ACP was impressive; in 9mm, it's just passé. Lots of nice little 9mm guns out there.

Happy with my XDS 45, though - just can't wait until someone comes up with a better trigger job for it.

I thought the XDS in 45ACP was impressive; in 9mm, it's just passé. Lots of nice little 9mm guns out there.

Happy with my XDS 45, though - just can't wait until someone comes up with a better trigger job for it.

Whats the out-of-the-box trigger pull on the 45? I gather you had a trigger job? Who did it and what did they take it down to?

Whats the out-of-the-box trigger pull on the 45? I gather you had a trigger job? Who did it and what did they take it down to?

I'm going to polish mine like I do to all my handguns. The OOB trigger is around 6.5lbs according to XDtalk forums. People forget that any 45 striker fired handgun will have a heavier pull compared to a 9mm because of the striker spring. 45acp requires a heavier spring to ignite the primer , making the trigger pull slightly heavier. The XDs trigger breaks in real nice though, whereas my Glocks stay pretty much the same.

Just rounding out their portfolio for XDM fans. I love the XDS and XDMs, just no prebans.

Also on a side note, I asked about 10 round 9mm mags and they told me they had no plans to make magazines for just a couple states, so the chances of them going through MA bullshit is slim.

Out of the box was around #8. I had the PRP spring kit (not trigger kit) installed, and it dropped the pull just under #5, and its a much smoother, more consistent pull now.

I've been told by PRP that they're working on a trigger kit for the XDS, but it hasn't been released yet.

On the XDm atleast, you can't rack the slide if you DON'T depress the safety, not the other way around. I'm guessing Mike had a brain fart.

Yeah, I ****ed up, this is the real problem right here, folks. If you don't have a full grip purchase on the gun the slide won't open.

Otherwise the XDs are excellent guns, the ones I've tried out at least.

My only other gripe is springfield needs to make an armorers program (or expand it if they have one) and get more people pushing parts out there. Right now Glock is the only polymer frame handgun vendor where I can go to 4 different gun stores in an hour radius of me and get "all the parts that potentially break or wear out".

This isn't a problem that's unique to Springfield though, so I can't be too hard on them. That said I've really only seen Sig and Glock pushing armorers and parts.

For a real case of happy fun ball.... go and try and get some HK pistol parts. I'll see you 2 years from now when you find
them. [rofl]

-Mike

Last edited:
I want one or two. Two tone would be nice. Anyone know if SA is still having issues with its melonite coating on the black slides? They used to wear off and allow rust pretty quick.

Their finish is marginal, but then again so isn't everyone else's except for Glock and HK. If I knocked every manufacturer on slide finish most would fail by those two standards.... the others aren't even close. Unless you have a defective product metallurgically, it shouldn't be tough to take care of an XD's finish. (Well, unless you have acid-hands like GSG does.... but he's an anomaly. )

-Mike

Their finish is marginal, but then again so isn't everyone else's except for Glock and HK. If I knocked every manufacturer on slide finish most would fail by those two standards.... the others aren't even close. Unless you have a defective product metallurgically, it shouldn't be tough to take care of an XD's finish. (Well, unless you have acid-hands like GSG does.... but he's an anomaly. )

-Mike

Newer Springfields have the new melonite coating which seems to be holding up fine. I can't pull up one case with an XDm/XDs with rusting issues. Granted that the XDs is practically new, some people torture their guns.

Back
Top Bottom