• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield XDS (9mm)

Newer Springfields have the new melonite coating which seems to be holding up fine. I can't pull up one case with an XDm/XDs with rusting issues. Granted that the XDs is practically new, some people torture their guns.

I should have clarified, joe average will never notice the difference, under normal use. Melonite is "good enough" that most buyers won't care. It's still a marginal finish in my book, but it's not so bad that it would stop me from buying an XD or any other handgun that uses it.

-Mike

I should have clarified, joe average will never notice the difference, under normal use. Melonite is "good enough" that most buyers won't care. It's still a marginal finish in my book, but it's not so bad that it would stop me from buying an XD or any other handgun that uses it.

-Mike

Marginal finish for a marginal prices gun. I wouldn't expect a custom finish on a $500 gun. I think Springfield does a good job offering good features while maintaining a competitive price point.

Back
Top Bottom