Spending 18 months in a free state, what should I buy?

I agree with Daekken. Non compliant pistols are pretty easy to get here. Revolvers are not.

Ok OK I gots ta know....whats the deal with revolvers? I understand "the list" somewhat as it pertains to glocks up there but I wouldn't have thought a revolver of any sort would be hard to get? Just curious more than anything.

Edit: I read down farther and it was addressed.

Further reading; I didn't know there was such a demand for SA revolvers? Thought that got you put into Fudd land round these parts?

Last edited:
I can't say I understand your fascination with SA revolvers, lol...but if in a couple years you see me posting about possibly moving back to MA, remind me to buy one here so i can bring it back and let you 'borrow it' in exchange for the exact price I paid (after I fire the obligatory first round and remember that I don't own any other wheel guns and decide it doesn't have a place in my collection, of course.) ;)

Not to thread drift, but can someone explain:
1. why the f*** aren't all revolvers on the 'MA-OK' list? (trigger weight is really my only guess?)
2. what models in particular are sought after that are currently unavailable in MA? Reason(s) for demand?
3. could someone still buy out of state and send to in state (obviously requiring FFL), or would FFL refuse transfer due to make/model?
4. how is it that people are able to buy 'off-list' auto loaders, but NOT wheel guns in MA? this just makes ZERO sense to me.
Hey man, dont forget me. :) ... I will borrow 2 Uberti SASS Pro.

Revolvers? uhh ok.

AR15 stripped lower receivers, yes.

is this even an option to transfer afterward though?

I admittedly have read any of the 300 threads here that have asked the question, but the only answer I remember was that they’d only be legal to transfer if used to build a .22cal AR.

definitely not trying to derail the thread, but if this is an option, OP can just simplify and buy a friggen BOX of lowers and bring them in...mark them up $100 each and you’ll have a win/win (and a short stack of cash!)

is this even an option to transfer afterward though?

I admittedly have read any of the 300 threads here that have asked the question, but the only answer I remember was that they’d only be legal to transfer if used to build a .22cal AR.

definitely not trying to derail the thread, but if this is an option, OP can just simplify and buy a friggen BOX of lowers and bring them in...mark them up $100 each and you’ll have a win/win (and a short stack of cash!)
"Legal," or "Maura-compliant"?

Perfectly legal. Maura will say it has to be for a .22 or smaller.

Interestingly, in MA lowers aren't firearms; and the EFA-10 is a registry of firearm transfers.

Back
Top Bottom