Speaking of Glocks...

No, I don't get it, unfortunately. Is the article online somewhere? Or can you hold onto that article until I see you again?

Well, it seems that it's more about USPSA and IPSC and how the glock is the perfect gun for the Production Limited and limited 10 divisions.

Then they go into the rules of what can be modified for these divisions and then how to do them.

Installing several parts:

Lighting Strike Comp Trigger
Lighting Strike Ti Striker
Lighting Strike Ti Fireing Pin Safety Plunger
Wolff 10% reduced Power Striker spring.

Then they talk about what parts to polish with a rubber polishing wheel and your dremel.

He then gets into the holsters he uses for Limited and Limited 10 and the one for production.

He said that he likes the Glock 35 for limited and L 10 and the Glock 34 for Production.

Don't know if you want me to get into it more...

But I can't find the article on-line. And Ross, I'll keep this issue until I see you next. Not a problem.

TonyD said:
Thanks for the info.

It was pretty interesting. I just don't shoot USPSA type matches, so a lot of it was really cool to read for me because I never really did understand how it all worked and what the divisions were.

And, it's pretty cool if I ever get a Glock, there were 5 pages of pictures and how they make the mods.

It was pretty good and I would pick up this weeks copy if this is what you shoot and the type of matches you shoot.

Of if you have the balls to drill into your Glock and want to do mods.

Thanks, but I don't shoot IPSC either and I don't mod any carry guns. Well, I have been threatening to put an extended mag release on my Glock for about ten years now. One day I'll get to it.

C-pher said:

The nice thing is that the trigger bar they drill is only around $15.00 so it isn't too big of a deal if you want to change back. A complete OEM receiver rebuild kit is only $58.

I'd like to pick up that article, thank for the reference. The only Glock mod I have that I could not live without are the sights. For my Glock 35 I have the Dawson (basically a BoMar) for comp and for my carry 17 I have Heinie Staight 8 night sights. The front sight posts on both are .100".

GTOShootr said:
C-pher said:

The nice thing is that the trigger bar they drill is only around $15.00 so it isn't too big of a deal if you want to change back. A complete OEM receiver rebuild kit is only $58.

I'd like to pick up that article, thank for the reference. The only Glock mod I have that I could not live without are the sights. For my Glock 35 I have the Dawson (basically a BoMar) for comp and for my carry 17 I have Heinie Straight 8 night sights. The front sight posts on both are .100".

The first thing they say is this:

Remove the trigger housing, separate the housing and drill a pilot hole using a 1/16th drill bit at the intersection of the trigger housing and ejector and in line with the trigger cruciform slot. Drill very slowly, as hole alignment with the cruciform slot is essential.

Once the first pilot hole is complete, then follow up with a 5/64th (.068") drill bit to enlarge the hole to the correct diameter for the set screw. Using a .035" hex wrench, start the set screw in the pre-drilled hole, and let the threads on the set screw make the own threads, as you screw it in place.

It sounds to me like it's not that easy to change back. [shock]

I don't think that is the mod I was thinking off. I was thinking of the lightening of the trigger bar. Above is the installation of an overtravel screw. However, that trigger housing they drill is cheap too.

OK, it's a bunch of mods like that one. It's a pretty cool article.

I don't have a Glock, but after shooting Len's 22, I've been thinking about getting one. I like it. And then this might be good to have if I want to make some changes.

C-pher said:
OK, it's a bunch of mods like that one. It's a pretty cool article.

I don't have a Glock, but after shooting Len's 22, I've been thinking about getting one. I like it. And then this might be good to have if I want to make some changes.

Mr. C-pher, you are gonna look really funny if you show up at a CASS match sporting your turn-of-the-century Glock! [roll]

Back
Top Bottom