Southborough Rod and Gun Club

I hopefully will be getting a letter from them soon!! I am stalking my own mailbox.

It will come, I got mine almost a month after I turned in my application. It came a few days before last months meeting. Unfortunately, I got stuck plowing and couldn't make the meeting. My friend did though, so I've been his guest for the time being. I'll be at next weeks meeting though.

Heeee I remember that storm. I actually left plowing to drop off my app. But had to go back due to an incident involving my loader and a prius. Wasnt pretty.

Well Went tonight to join and had a little snafu. Had less money on me than I thought. They told me just to drop off a check, but no me being stupid decided to run out to an atm, and got lost on all the back roads. By the time I got back meeting was well underway and decided that I should not crash the party, so back I go on sat. Steve will meet me then to deliver the check. but that is good in some ways, I get to shoot sat afternoon!

can't wait to meet some of you at the meeting on tuesday. myself and danboSMASH have been members since last april, you're going to love it

Didn't get a chance to introduce myself, but I'm sure I'll see you guys at the club.
Well Went tonight to join and had a little snafu. Had less money on me than I thought. They told me just to drop off a check, but no me being stupid decided to run out to an atm, and got lost on all the back roads. By the time I got back meeting was well underway and decided that I should not crash the party, so back I go on sat. Steve will meet me then to deliver the check. but that is good in some ways, I get to shoot sat afternoon!

That sux, I was the one who mentioned the ATM at Fitzy's. Steve was wondering what happened, I'm glad you were able to arrange something for Saturday.

Hey Kid! It was good to meet you and danbo at the meeting. I look forward to getting some range time and meeting more SRG'ers soon.
It was good to meet you as well, the weather is getting warmer so come shoot some trap!

Didn't get a chance to introduce myself, but I'm sure I'll see you guys at the club.
Yeah the meeting got a little busy at the end with the delivery, i'm sure we'll bump into one another

To all who helped with the delivery - THANKS!

It was not the way it was planned, but seeing that everything got done so fast, I think that ALL future deliveries will show up on Monthly Meeting night! [rofl]

Now....we've got all these birds to use up....come help us empty the trailer!

105 Shoot - Saturday, March 20 - registration @ 9 AM, first shot at 10

GOAL Cup - Saturday, April 17 - see the GOAL website for details (Registration is limited, ya snooze......)

There are threads for both the above events in the Competition ...see them or PM me for more info!

See you at the Top of the HIll, and bring a friend!

Hey guys,

Probably jumping ahead of myself here but got my Basic Safety & will be dropping off the LTC app very soon. I checked out your site and looks cool but wanted to see pix of the indoor pistol range, did I just miss them? I might just have to stop by check it out myself. I wanna start with a handgun or 2 and then try everything else (rifle, trap...).. so excited.

we DO have an indoor range, but no, you didn't miss the pix....there aren't any AFAIK on the site (possibly a lighting issue....I'm not a photographer.)

It's 50 foot, 7 lanes.

If you'd like to see it for real, the Club open for Trap and Skeet on Sunday, 1-4. There'll be someone available to give you the nickel tour. You don't need to have an LTC to join, either.

If you want more info on what's going on go to the website www.srgclub.com and go to the EVENTS tab, or PM me back.

Be happy to show you a very nice indoor range at Hopkinton Sportsmen Assoc on Lumber St. 24 hrs card key access - If trap is your game, SRG and Mr Happy is the way to go - very nice folks.
Bob

Be happy to show you a very nice indoor range at Hopkinton Sportsmen Assoc on Lumber St. 24 hrs card key access - If trap is your game, SRG and Mr Happy is the way to go - very nice folks.
Bob

SRG's indoor range is also 24hr card key access. (once you finish your work parties and attend a few meetings which takes only a few months once you're a member) Plus other than just Trap there is an outdoor range that you get key card access to right away.

Got my acceptance letter last night. I'll be there for the next meeting to pay up and at the work detail to start doing my part. See you guys around.

Got my acceptance letter last night. I'll be there for the next meeting to pay up and at the work detail to start doing my part. See you guys around.

So did I and ditto on all the above [smile]

Also, I just came back from the Police Station, my fiancee and I dropped off our applications for LTC-As. No issues so far, and according the officer who handled our application, we should hear back in 4-6 weeks. Very excited!!

I (and the rest of the Club) look forward to welcoming you into SRGC.

We'll see you at the meeting!

BTW, if anyone who's not a member is intersted in SRGC, our meetings are open to guests - it's a great way to find out what's happening around the club. Meetings are the third Tuesday of the month - 7:30 start time, but a dinner (nominal cost) is served, starting at 6:00

Range Improvements at Southborough R&GC

The Trap Committee of Southborough Rod & Gun Club would like to announce the installation of our new Voice Release Sytems for our Trap fields!

It's especially well timed as we're hosting the GOAL Cup Trap shoot on Saturday, April 17.

If you're in the shoot, and want to get a feel for the place, we'll be open on Sunday, 1-4.

If you're not in the shoot, come on out, anyways!

See you at the Top of the Hill, and Bring a Friend!

The Trap Committee of Southborough Rod & Gun Club would like to announce the installation of our new Voice Release Sytems for our Trap fields!

It's especially well timed as we're hosting the GOAL Cup Trap shoot on Saturday, April 17.

If you're in the shoot, and want to get a feel for the place, we'll be open on Sunday, 1-4.

If you're not in the shoot, come on out, anyways!

See you at the Top of the Hill, and Bring a Friend!

Does this mean I have to yell really loud now?

Alan and I are going to the Garand shoot so we will have to stop up to check it out.

Very cool. That should ease up the strain on your committee members a bit then eh? Looking forward to trying it out, I definitely need the practice.

Dammit I'm gonna miss this month's meeting, I blocked off the day (no travel) for the May meeting. I will definitely be there then. BradM have fun!

Southboro rod and Gun

Southboro Rod and Gun is a great club! I have been a member there about 28 years and have never regreted it! The issue we had with the Country Club was a pain in the butt be that has been resolved and we now have a state of the art range. I have started shooting IDPA at Worcester Pistol and Harvard we dont have this at SRG yet! Some say we could not with the range design but I think different. When I get more time on the clock and get my safety officer training I hope to get it going there. When I first joined there in the early 80's there was a clique so to speak and was kind of evident at events! But within the last ten yeras things have really turned around for the better! The membership fee being $90 is very reasonable when you lookat some of the other clubs and what you get for your$$$. Hope to see you around the club!! Great place and real nice folks!!

Just went to a USPSA training session last weekend and loved it. If you needed help getting some IDPA/USPSA pits going at SRGC let me know, I'd be happy to help if I can.

Back
Top Bottom