Southborough Rod and Gun Club

Thanks Brad I will take you up on that once I shoot a few more matches. Right now I shoot matches at WPR as a friend of mine belongs there and he got me interested in IDPA. I am planning on trying Harvard on May 22 and the next WPR on May 8. Shot my first classifier a couple weeks ago but didn't do that great (novice) just shy of MM. But that was only my second shoot. I shoot CDP and also plan to shoot SSR soon.

Hey guys, so in case you missed it, both fiancee and I got our LTC-As and I've become a NES member. I also picked a S&W M&P 9mm from First Defense. Click here for the thread about that purchase and some other questions I had as a noob.

Now as I said, I will be attending the meeting on the 18th to become an official member. With that in mind, when's the earliest I can shoot there (both indoor and outdoor)? I of course can't wait to shoot my MP9 so I might go with my buddy to his club (Maspenock) till then.

You will be able to use the outdoor range the next day. You will receive an access card to the outdoor range that evening. You will only be able to shoot at the indoor range when there is someone in the main clubhouse to let you in until you become a "member in good standing". I will explain the proceedure to you at the orietation meeting at the conclusion of the monthly meeting. Basically, you will need to attend 3 monthly meetings and participate in two work parties. I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to our Club. If you have any questions PM me.

You will be able to use the outdoor range the next day. You will receive an access card to the outdoor range that evening. You will only be able to shoot at the indoor range when there is someone in the main clubhouse to let you in until you become a "member in good standing". I will explain the proceedure to you at the orietation meeting at the conclusion of the monthly meeting. Basically, you will need to attend 3 monthly meetings and participate in two work parties. I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to our Club. If you have any questions PM me.

Thank you for the reply. That sounds reasonable, guess I'm glad it's spring/summer time haha otherwise I'd be freezing my butt off. What are the hours of the outdoor range?

- Sam

Chiming in here WRT the Trap field.

When the Trap field is not in use, Members may use it with hand traps. Please observe the rules regarding shot sizes allowed; Same hours as the outoor range. And...please pick up your hulls!

Night shooting is open Thursdays, 6-9, under the lights. (Public is invited!)

mister happy
what are the guidlines for "night shooting"? is it only the trap field and not the outdoor range?

Sorry- should have been clearer....

Trap and Skeet are open on Thursday nights, 6-9 with lights.

The outdoor rifle/pistol range is not lit, and the day-by-day closing times are posted on the range, so there is no confusion.

Come on out and see the place!

Hope someone can help out a newbie. I've recently moved back to MA after being in the free states for the last 10 years. Finished my MA training and dropped off LTC app about a month ago (hoping the state gets around to printing it sometime this summer). I've been looking into joining local club. The instructor for my training course suggested SRG. I was hoping to take a look. Anyone know what times are good for someone to visit?

Sundays are great, lots of folks shooting trap from 1-4pm, any number of whom would be glad to show you around. I'd be happy to if you'd like but I'll be out of town until next Tues.

I can give you a tour at just about any time...including today.

EDT: Also, there's trap shooting Thursday night @ 6 which I hope to attend.

Last edited:
gee....looks like I have a reputation to uphold! [laugh]

There will be folks about on Thursdays, 6-9 and sundays, 1-4 (when we do the trap and skeet thing).

Tonight (wed 7/14) we're having an ATA shoot, and there will be people arund then, too.

Next Tuesday is our Monthly meeting, which starts at 7:30 and is open to guests - Dinner is served at 6:00, so if you can't make it out before, that's a good night to come. You get to find out a lot about what's going on, and if you're there early enough before the meeting, you can get a tour then, too.

More questions, please feel free to PM me back.

Oh, and make sure you enter my 1000 post karma give-away (in the General section)!

Southborough R&G

Hi All ,

I'm new to guns and the area and just got my LTC and a new gun I've been waiting to shoot.. I'm interested in joining a club, I live very close to the Southborough Rod and Gun and was thinking of going to the meeting this tuesday to turn in my application. I don't know anyone there at the club yet but will need two sponsors to get in. Anyone on this site going to be there Tuesday I can connect with?

cheers!

Back
Top Bottom