Sources for pre-ban glock mags?

Mass-diver

NES Member
Hi Guys,

I was wondering how hard it is to get a hold of MA legal, pre-ban glock mags. I currently own a G30 and would like a G21 13 round for it, but more importantly, as I'm shopping for another glock (probably a G17 or G23) I'm wondering if I purchase a weapon with 10 rounds if I'll find it very hard to pick up a high capacity mag.

Will I be stuck prowling gun shows, of or are there some web sites out there that you guys have found that sell preban mags?

Thanks!

I bought G17 pre-ban mags for ~10-13 each on GlockTalk and ARfcom.

Go to MA gun shows and you see hi-cap Glock mags typically for $50-70 each. Most being sold are actually post-9/13/94 hi-caps and are illegal to possess in MA, but the dealers will tell you that they are all "pre-ban" to make the sale (at highly inflated prices).

Best deal is to look for them on GT or other gun boards, post a WTB for
preban mags. Ask for "FML prebans". You should be able to find
some at a reasonable price. (I'd say anything less than $25 is reasonable
assuming they're in good condition and don't need a rebuild. )

-Mike

a bit late, but dkmags.com has some pre-ban full capacity mags. send dave an email and i'm sure he has some of what you're looking for.
jon

All the suggestions are good ones. If you still can't find them, I have bought mine while i am traveling in other states, where they are cheap. Once, while working in Texas last year, I simply bought 3 brand new ones off the shelf, and then immediately "traded" them with the old mags found in the dealer's used Glocks he had for sale in his case. The dealer didn't care and I got what i needed. (Note: he would not just sell me the mags out of the used guns.) But in the end, he thought my idea worked out fine. Of course, NH and RI are not far away and the same deal could work there.

my 2 cents

Maybe I will look for some more pre-ban mags on my next few trips and then post them here for others.........

Back
Top Bottom