Something coming in MA Legislature

What is ERPO? I don’t live in Mass.

Person:
"I think Nikos is dangerous because of some things I made up, a grudge, or differing opinions. He didn't commit a crime I just have feelings and concerns and stuff"

Police/Judge:
"OK we'll take his guns first, then he can come to court and fight to get them back (days of from work, hiring a lawyer), possibly be subject to mental evaluation, and likely never have a firearm license again even if he wins which is unlikely due to the current environment of guns r bad panic. Forget the Section 12 mental health evaluation a police officer can already order; too much due process there."

Bystander:
"Oh so if he's found to be a risk, Nikos gets mental health help and they do something to prevent him from committing a terrible crime? And if someone makes a false report, they'll face charges and Nikos will be reimbursed for his time and legal fees?"

Police/Judge:
"No, we just take his guns and set him loose. He keeps his car, kitchen knife, gasoline, etc. There won't really be repercussions for false reports, either - so don't worry about that. And if Nikos gets a lawyer, he'll be paying for it - no one else."

Last edited:
This plotting on FB reminds me of this disgusting moment.

View attachment 234591
It’s a sad day in America seeing our politicians basically drooling right before our eyes to take our rights away. (Yeah, I know they’ve wanted to do this since forever, but the visuals give it another life.)

I've never seen someone so giddy to be played for a fool by Trump....

Back
Top Bottom