• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Some Pics from Area 7 Championship ***Lots of Photos***

I was 5 down from my own chrono before and after the match. 164.8 really sucks but it is my fault for cutting it close I guess.

Great match, thanks to the Monson crew for the taping and reset. As my last stage, it was a very nice surprise [smile]

I ran around 15 rounds from my match ammo run over my chrono last week and the lowest 3 came out at 168ish; overall average was 172ish. At the chrono stage it took all 7 rounds to get me to 165.3....not an enjoyable stage for me. A guy from my club was shooting Rem green box 9mm today and failed to make minor...yay, now you're shooting for the fun of it and nothing else.

Another guy from my club said the chrono should be a game show, was the most exciting stage of the day. :-/

I was 30 fps down from my chrono results obtained a few days earlier in ten degree cooler weather. My results of 125.3 was cutting it way too close. The only thing that saved me was my Precision 147 bullets that actually weighed 148.5. I blamed my 30 year old chrono for the problem and ordered a new one.

God dammit I can't believe Max beat me AGAIN! I don't get it, I watched the videos and we both pretty much did the same thing...started in a spot then at the buzzer we ran around and shot things. I must be doing something wrongly...

a few shots from Sunday's squads, I tried to get some different style ones after seeing the repetitive nature of the photos from Sat. lets see if I get these right...

SJan (missed the focus on this one a bit but I like the shot so just squint a little when you look at it)
_DSC6843.jpg

SJan 2
_DSC6851.jpg

Dan the Man
_DSC6960.jpg

Eisenhow
_DSC6865.jpg

Rori
_DSC6947.jpg

KB SomethingOrOther?? haven't seen him around before but boy was he fast...I think he has a real future in this [smile]
_DSC6973.jpg

??
_DSC6997.jpg

A guy from my club was shooting Rem green box 9mm today and failed to make minor...yay, now you're shooting for the fun of it and nothing else.

I resemble that comment. Came in at 123.?? . Oh well, such is life. Not like I was gonna win anything anyway. I still had a lot of fun and I added up my scores and compared them manually and I did OK in the standings.

Awesome pics and vids everyone!!

Great match this year! The stages were a lot of fun. The gang from Harvard and all the others involved did an amazing job putting this match on. Thank you!!

I was a little on the hot side yesterday. I chrono'd at 137pf [mg]

Here is my vid contribution. Some day I'll take the time and put them all in one file. All the stages are up.

Flip Turn and Burn should have been called Flipped Turned and Burnt Me [crying] Dave's comment after ending the course of fire said it all. "That looked painful" [laugh]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkN8Iw60WEY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyCNJN4-c3E&list=UU5x8NE2358BO-53W_QIxdRg&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Last edited:
I guess I'll add some here too.....I think I shot most of the Competitiors on Sunday.

good stuff....wish I had your timing. I should have tried harder to get shots from the ejection port side.....the things you don't realize until you've looked at the 700pics after the event [sad2]

Thanks so much for the pictures and videos. I wanted to make an appearance but they said no knuckleheads with AK's on the range during A7 Match and no 30 rounders in open even if they are preban.

Awesome job running the match and putting on a national event like that. Done very well from everything I have heard and seen.

NICE pics from BostonBullit, PMD and Kimmie1911. We should start a photo club for shooters. When did KC move to team Glock? Man his gun looks like something straight out of Star Wars - umm, the force is strong in that one.

Thanks to everyone for sharing the photos. Some of the expressions on the shooters faces (including myself) are priceless

Pete, you photographed me with brass in the air, mag falling from my gun, and my hand drawing a fresh mag, I didn't even know I could do that. In my mind the empty mag is on the ground and I'm stepping on it while fondling for a fresh mag!

NICE pics from BostonBullit, PMD and Kimmie1911. We should start a photo club for shooters.

Thanks.
It's surprising the number of shooters I know who also take great pictures.
I hear there is a video coming out soon from a Professional Photographer (who also shoots) on how to take quality shooting pictures - once I get more info I'll keep you posted.

Thanks to everyone for sharing the photos. Some of the expressions on the shooters faces (including myself) are priceless

Pete, you photographed me with brass in the air, mag falling from my gun, and my hand drawing a fresh mag, I didn't even know I could do that. In my mind the empty mag is on the ground and I'm stepping on it while fondling for a fresh mag!
That's an awesome photo!

you're quicker than you think! it's funny to look at photos/video of runs and see the difference between how we perceive how things went and what really happened isn't it?

A friend of mine, Dan Wiswell from Bangor went down there. He said it was good fun and good guys/gals.

A friend of mine, Dan Wiswell from Bangor went down there. He said it was good fun and good guys/gals.

I believe he's the guy I spent some time talking to Sat morning because I noticed his Wentworth Institute had the day before...nice dude. it was a good weekend, no one behaving like an assclown and everyone doing their part to make sure things ran smoothly!

I believe he's the guy I spent some time talking to Sat morning because I noticed his Wentworth Institute had the day before...nice dude. it was a good weekend, no one behaving like an assclown and everyone doing their part to make sure things ran smoothly!
He's a big guy and very nice.

Thanks.
It's surprising the number of shooters I know who also take great pictures.
I hear there is a video coming out soon from a Professional Photographer (who also shoots) on how to take quality shooting pictures - once I get more info I'll keep you posted.

I'd be very interested in that Paul.

Back
Top Bottom