• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Some Pics from Area 7 Championship ***Lots of Photos***

Ya' know, I LOVE it when you guys talk dirty about rules and stuff. Must be my new diet or sumpthin'. [laugh2]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank from Brooklyn, NY
:cool:

I had this discussion with my instructor during my CRO course. He said that all possible shots needed to be accounted for, so on the disappearing targets the mikes are entered but are non-scoring ones. I seem to recall that Rob B. said that the Palm software had been corrected to accept the non-scoring mikes, but I never verified it.

I guess technically, you *can* miss, you just can't get penalized for it.

These were called as " Mikes" no other description was added. Not at A7 but at New Bedford.

These were called as " Mikes" no other description was added. Not at A7 but at New Bedford.

At New Bedford, I can assure you, any 'mike' listed on the score sheets on the lines for 'Bonus' targets get entered into the system as non-penalty mikes and will not actually count as a 'miss'. If your score on the posted results ever shows otherwise, please contact me and I will correct it.

Oh my. Sorry I started this. I understand the issues of actual scoring and the palm and accounting for all the hits, etc. My point was that someone was calling out Alpha/mike on a disappearing target, not saying it was the 'bonus' target, which could have been written down on the score sheet as a mike by the score keeper, possibly in the wrong place. The person doing it thought it was an actual 'mike'. Scoring. It was caught, the person was educated and all was well.

Fewh... good that it was discussed and worked out. Some don't know until they're educated. People make mistakes, we're all human (at least most of us - some of those top shooters at A7 I don't know about - wow). Glad it worked out! :)

Back
Top Bottom