• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Some People Make me just Shake my head

Status
Not open for further replies.
"we should have the same types of weapons the government has." My question is WHY??

It levels the playing field. It's like locking your car doors. A dedicated thief already has a workaround. But it keeps the honest man honest.

And the rifles I used in the military were beat up piles of shit. Mine is so much more betterer.

I don't need a 3 bedroom home. There's only 2 of us here. Should I be outlawed from having it?
I don't need 3 motor vehicles. Should I be outlawed from having them?
I don't need Coke, or pizza or candy or other 'junk' food. Should I be outlawed from eating them?
I don't need 4 computers. Should I be outlawed from having them?
I don't need 3 televisions. Should I be outlawed from having them?
I don't need to eat at McDonalds. Should I be outlawed from eating there?
I don't need 3 pairs of shoes. Should I be outlawed from having more than 1?
I don't need much of anything but basic food, water, and shelter of some kind. Should I be outlawed from having anything more?
I've got a microwave, and a regular oven. Should I not be allowed to have both?
I don't need booze. Should I be outlawed from buying it?
There's lots of things I (you) don't need.

Who the F are you to tell me what I should or shouldn't have?

When someone says something shouldn't be allowed then anything can not be allowed.

I hope you never decide to run for public office.

If I weren't a moderator, I'd tell you what I really think of you.

Last edited:
I will own them because I want them. Who the f*ck do you think you are to tell me what I can and cannot have?
You're entitled to your opinion. It should stay your opinion. You don't like it? Get f*ckin over it. I hate golf and country music but you don't see me trying to get legislation passed to get them banned. If you feel that strongly about it, move. If you try to rule ANY part of MY life, then you are not welcome in my America.

I'm a veteran, and you don't speak for me, and certainly not most of the veteran community. Are you a vet?

Anywho, yea our gov has done it before and we just let them do it (WWII and Japanese Americans). I believe that 2A is part of checks and balances. Very few people would actually stand up for themselves regardless of what they are armed with. Some here seem to believe a revolution is imminent, and a violent uprising is ultimately necessary. Most of those people are chicken shit and downright ignorant (but not all). Anybody who thinks a war here is remotely a good idea is a clown, and has probably never seen war. That said, it is very important that the population is able to maintain a solid level of armament as part of the system of checks and balances. It's a last ditch option for when your first world country goes all Nazi Germany on your ass.

I have plenty of my own thoughts about the arfcom army and armchair operators, don't get me wrong. But the 5-8% of those who talk the talk and would actually walk the walk are good to have around if you ever need them.

No neg reps, you aren't my enemy, your just a clown. :)

Mike

Chamberboss, thankfully, your irrational fears have no bearing on my rights.

I do not need to justify my desire for a particular rifle to you and you have no right to require that I do so. There is no question to ask here and no answer to be given.

I find it interesting that you need to "express" this fear you have. It tells me that you are starting to doubt your assumptions and beliefs in this regard. So, you must reach out for someone to reinforce them or justify them either in a positive or negative way. Good, keep looking for answers - you will eventually discover how wrong you were. You will eventual discover how unethical, amoral and violent it is of you to attempt to impose your fears on your countrymen.

The government will NOT come to our doors and turn us into slaves or anything.

Oh really? Why don't you ask Randy Weaver about this guy?
images

Oh, wait, you can't, he's dead.

And I'm sure these nice fellas in Waco were "just following orders" as well.

waco_tanks_fire.jpg

You see, the point your missing is, like it or not civilian possession of arms is the ONLY thing that keeps us free from complete tyranny.

Believe what you want, but don't tell me what *I* need, it's not up to you nor should it be anyone else.

People have lots of things they dont need. No one needs a tv thats 5 feet wide, should we ban them?

Regarding confiscation, as others have said, it happened in NOLA, which wasnt all that long ago. How can you say it will never happen? The gov is not my friend. Their interests and mine are diametrically opposed. Whats good for them is bad for me, and vice versa. If they want to take it away from me, my instinct is I should hold on to it, regardless of what it is.

Ive never served, so I may take some heat for this, but I think most people in general do what theyre told to do by their superiors. Doesnt matter if theyre a soldier, cop, or a cashier. The average private does what his sargent tells him to do. Sargent does what the lieutenant tells him, etc. all the way up the ladder. Maybe not the entire US military, but too many for my liking will just follow orders, IMO. Im aware of a UT ng unit in NOLA that refused to take peoples guns, but for the most part I dont have too much faith in the cops/nat. guard as a whole saying no to their superiors to protect my rights.

No offense to any vets/ active duty personel out there, just my opinion.

I am going to say that Martha and her gang hacked and hijacked his account...As such admins should disable the account.

Otherwise you are the enemy and the very basis of people that cause our rights to be taken away.

If you don't need them, then don't buy them. you are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to infringe on my personal choices. I happen to really enjoy my life and my family and will defend myself and them from harm useing the best tools available.

I am a veteran and you DO NOT speak for me.

Chamberboss said:
If someone ordered us to go door to door to pull people from their homes, or seize their weapons, I WOULD NOT DO IT.
You would if they hold your family as hostages.
More importantly, there is the principle of balance of power...

If we could just take people's word for it that they would not abuse power, think of how efficient government could be?

No resolving bills between the Senate and House. Now waiting for Presidential signing or veto. No Judicial review.

Sadly though, we can't. Not now. Not then. Not ever.

Which is why power is divided and balanced between the branches of government as well as between the government the people.

If you can't grasp this, then your education and parents have deeply failed you. History is full of examples, past and present. Abuse of power is the rule, not the exception. I will not, nor do I need to rely on the kindness of someone to refuse an illegal order to protect me.

Chamberboss' argument is as ridiculous and ignorant as claiming the earth is flat.

Just for the record I stopped reading your post right here.

Ok So I know I am going to get some heat for this but here I go...

I am going to preface this by saying I support our second amendment rights, I support GOAL, Comm2A, and everything they do for citizens and their rights.

I have kept my mouth closed about the subject of assault weapons for a while. My opinion is that I dont think the regular civilian needs an assault rifle. I also dont think the regular civilian needs a magazine with a capacity of 30 rounds. ...........

I know how the rest goes and personally people like you make me sick. You are not pro 2a. And if you think banning "assault weapons" will not affect you and your "hunting rifle"you are sorely mistaken. It is just a stepping stone to ban the rest. look at Australia and Canada.
I'm not going to neg rep you although it seems like that's the attention you were going for.

Well that handgun you claim can serve in a self defense scenario - I Don't think civilians need that, after all a shotgun ( as you stated ) could do the job just as well.....

Divide and conquer, the anti's goal and it is apparently working very well.

There are so many holes in your arguments it is pathetic, you have stated your opinion and proven yourself to be severely lacking in critical thinking . We are all dumber for having read your post.

I am also a vet - you do not speak for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom