• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Some People Make me just Shake my head

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALDENQB02

NES Member
Ok So I know I am going to get some heat for this but here I go...

I am going to preface this by saying I support our second amendment rights, I support GOAL, Comm2A, and everything they do for citizens and their rights.

I have kept my mouth closed about the subject of assault weapons for a while. My opinion is that I dont think the regular civilian needs an assault rifle. I also dont think the regular civilian needs a magazine with a capacity of 30 rounds.

Now, The first general argument I get is "we should have the same types of weapons the government has." My question is WHY?? The government will NOT come to our doors and turn us into slaves or anything. we do not need to fear the government. I am in the military, and I know I speak for many many veterans when i say: If someone ordered us to go door to door to pull people from their homes, or seize their weapons, I WOULD NOT DO IT. no one in their right mind that serves in the military knows they serve FOR the people not AGAINST the people.

And I am sure you all Know that LEO's will not go door to door and try to do the above... they can barely catch a teenager running from them...

The next argument I would get is "I need it for personal defense."

-___-

What will an assault rifle do to a home invader that a Shotgun or a Handgun won't??
How comfortable would it be to carry an assault weapon on your person, either open carrying or concealed, comfortably? Anyone who has served in the military can tell you that the friggan M4 we have to carry around everyday and everywhere can get pretty annoying..

the last general argument I would get is "I use it for hunting/sport." Ok this is understandable, but if you need 30 rounds to take down a deer, or any other animal, you need practice, not a higher magazine capacity. And for hunting, why would you use an AR-15 when you could use something like a Winchester Model 70.

All I am trying to say is, that if you want an Assault Rifle so badly, come join the military and you will get issued one free of charge. The military use it to fight wars in foreign countries, not to fight our own people. So I think everyone who thinks the government is against us, wake up!

And BTW, I think the ban on high cap magazines is stupid because people can get a "preban" mag and it would serve the same purpose as a post ban mag.

Let the Neg Reps rain in...... and Bombs away!

The government will NOT come to our doors and turn us into slaves or anything. we do not need to fear the government. I am in the military, and I know I speak for many many veterans when i say: If someone ordered us to go door to door to pull people from their homes, or seize their weapons, I WOULD NOT DO IT. no one in their right mind that serves in the military knows they serve FOR the people not AGAINST the people.

Can you say Katrina ?
And I do not trust the government; I don't need authority telling me what I can do, own, travel, go to, wear, etc.
They are stealing your rights one step at a time.

Any semiauto rifle can be determined to be an 'assault weapon' by your logic. On the flip side, why shouldn't I be able to have a 30rd mag??? I've never hurt anyone, I'm not a felon, why am I being considered an undesirable because I have a 30rd mag??? You're putting me in line with the fact I 'MIGHT' do something wrong with it.
Fact: It makes no ****ing difference, rifles are responsible for appx 375 deaths per year in the US!!! It's miniscule, less that 1% of gun related deaths.

IBTL Dipshit

I am going to preface this by saying I support our second amendment rights, I support GOAL, Comm2A, and everything they do for citizens and their rights.

I have kept my mouth closed about the subject of assault weapons for a while. My opinion is that I dont think the regular civilian needs an assault rifle. I also dont think the regular civilian needs a magazine with a capacity of 30 rounds.

Now, The first general argument I get is "we should have the same types of weapons the government has." My question is WHY?? The government will NOT come to our doors and turn us into slaves or anything. we do not need to fear the government. I am in the military, and I know I speak for many many veterans when i say: If someone ordered us to go door to door to pull people from their homes, or seize their weapons, I WOULD NOT DO IT. no one in their right mind that serves in the military knows they serve FOR the people not AGAINST the people.

And I am sure you all Know that LEO's will not go door to door and try to do the above... they can barely catch a teenager running from them...

-___-

What will an assault rifle do to a home invader that a Shotgun or a Handgun won't??
How comfortable would it be to carry an assault weapon on your person, either open carrying or concealed, comfortably? Anyone who has served in the military can tell you that the friggan M4 we have to carry around everyday and everywhere can get pretty annoying..

the last general argument I would get is "I use it for hunting/sport." Ok this is understandable, but if you need 30 rounds to take down a deer, or any other animal, you need practice, not a higher magazine capacity. And for hunting, why would you use an AR-15 when you could use something like a Winchester Model 70.

All I am trying to say is, that if you want an Assault Rifle so badly, come join the military and you will get issued one free of charge. The military use it to fight wars in foreign countries, not to fight our own people. So I think everyone who thinks the government is against us, wake up!

And BTW, I think the ban on high cap magazines is stupid because people can get a "preban" mag and it would serve the same purpose as a post ban mag.

I do believe you have broken the all time record for the most fail in a single post.[thinking]

I am a Veteran, you don't speak for me.
Heat incoming...

You entire post is built on a foundation that somehow people owe you, through the laws you support, an explanation for why they want to own something or want to do something. For some, liberty is a difficult thing to comprehend.

How can you claim to support our 2A RIGHTS when you wish to limit them?

And for why us mere regular citizens "need" a so-called assault rifle, you can read your own signature:

"I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it..."

PS, your opinion sucks, but I support your RIGHT to have one.

Why should I own one? Well, why SHOULDN'T I? If I want to blow a grand on a rifle who are you to say no?

My opinion is that I dont think the regular civilian needs an assault rifle. I also dont think the regular civilian needs a magazine with a capacity of 30 rounds.

graphics_elmer-fudd_03.jpg

My opinion is that I dont think the regular civilian needs an assault rifle. I also dont think the regular civilian needs a magazine with a capacity of 30 rounds.

The 'need' game is a dangerous one to play. Everyone who uses that line to restrict something always figures they are the average level headed user and know exactly what is going on. Until you meet someone with different criteria. Only need a Winchester Model 70 for hunting? Why hunt, you can go to the store for the meat you need, you don't need to hunt. Maybe we can even get the .gov to take care of it and stack the shelves. See how it's played?

I must disagree with the OP..... this is America, land of the free! Thousands have died to preserve those rights for us. If indeed we are a free society then, as many have already stated, by restricting or controling our ability to own what we want is us loosing our rights one restriction at a time. In this country there is breed specific legislation against certain breeds of dogs. In these areas it is illegal to own certain breeds, because some legislator deemed the dogs dangerous. It is happening everyday, one restriction at a time. You see it's not about the right to actually own an assault weapon, it about the restriction imposed on law abiding citizens...... because some goverment offical believes it should be so.

1st Amendment. Respect it.
2nd Amendment. Same.
5th is my favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, many, many, many of us on here were serving this country in the military long before you were even shitting yellow into a diaper. So we don't have to join up as you suggested.

-___-

Then you are my enemy, plain and simple. Why do you get to decide for the rest of us? Something about New England turns people into control freaks....

Interestingly, I don't give a shit whether you think someone "needs" those things.

Why do I own them? Because F&*# You, that's why.

Love,
Weebs

So I think everyone who thinks the government is against us, wake up!

Hooo boyo, where you bee the last thirty or forty years ?

Oops lemme guess you're waaaay younger than that. [thinking]

Our "rights" were converted into "privileges" along time ago and we pay dearly for them.
BOTH political parties are hell bent on the complete and total subguation of the population and have been for decades now.

Anyone not yet understanding this is willfully ignorant.

-___-

No negative rep from me you are entitled to your opinion even if I disagree. I will say this , what great national tragedy has befell us that we should get rid of them? There are a few cases that come to mind but a very limited few crimes are actually commited with an "assault rifle". And as far as the government fear thing I would be looking more at the UN all of our three letter .gov branches and the contingent of military that would follow orders. And say a group of americans decides they want their freedom and liberty back and try to take it by force, are they now an acceptable target or would you still defend their right to persue liberty.

I would like to hear more about how heavy and annoying the M4 is when people are trying to kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom