some interesting stuff on cmp auction

Its guys like "Old Western Scrounger" (and others like him) on Gunbroker that buy these barrels. If he can buy them for $15-18 each, he can sell them individually for $30-40 each (plus $25 shipping). It takes a while to sell them all, but he can eventually more than triple his investment. Its not the most efficient business model, but its a business model all the same. Its going to take some effort and more patience than I would ever have to sell 2000 barrels one by one…….

http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/index.asp
2 unissued SA garands. 200 SA barrels......BAD barrels for 2k huh. What am I missing.

The bid for the 200 bad SA barrels is up to $4,001 (or $20/barrel). It states that they are deemed unworthy to build a rifle. It doesn't make sense to buy at $30 or more if the gun cannot be fired (unless they only intend to do what enbloc stated). Can the barrels be bored out and/or shortened for another caliber?

The bid for the 200 bad SA barrels is up to $4,001 (or $20/barrel). It states that they are deemed unworthy to build a rifle. It doesn't make sense to buy at $30 or more if the gun cannot be fired (unless they only intend to do what enbloc stated). Can the barrels be bored out and/or shortened for another caliber?

Who knows but I would like to know what they have planned?

Back
Top Bottom