So, when did the CMP basically sell out of Garands?

Even more in demand are M1 carbines, with no reliable sources available for purchase. I just had one last only 3 minutes tonight on the trader. Buying back a K98 I didn't really want to sell in the first place.

t
Wish I had seen that before it sold I'm looking for a carbine.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The mail order service grades from the cmp are going to be the less expensive option out side a good deal from a friend.
I will add anything a step above a common HRA or SA returned to cmp will go to their own Auction. Where they sell for more than out in the wild

http://cmpauction.thecmp.org
Watch what things go for here....

Damn! That M1 NM is at $4,200 now! Barrel 'not in the white', stock with dings and gouges, heavily laquered...

Must be total collector value at this point based on someone really wanting one of the USAF rifles. Definitely would be cool, but not $4,200 cool to me.

fyi

final ammo call email from the CMP today. looks like Greek HPX is almost completely sold out.

Yeah I just saw that email now. Curious how/if this will affect the pricing on the PPU Garand ammo...

It will only go up. Buy as much as you can now. Or stock deep bullets powder and primers.

I am failing to see the correlation between the HXP fading away and the speculation around PPU 30-06 M1 ammunition prices.

I presume with the demise of 'affordable' surplus ammo from CMP, it removes the price 'competition' from PPU as the 'bulk' dealer for .30/06.

t

I presume with the demise of 'affordable' surplus ammo from CMP, it removes the price 'competition' from PPU as the 'bulk' dealer for .30/06.

t

Which appears to open the door to competition. That is how the market works: Rarely is a viable demand not met by a corresponding supply.

Is it still worth getting M1's from the CMP over shopping at the various auctions?

Definitely. A CMP Garand is almost always cheaper than the general market price. I think I paid $650 for my last Garand, and a few years later it's worth about $1000. Even without the recent shortage they are a sound investment.

I am failing to see the correlation between the HXP fading away and the speculation around PPU 30-06 M1 ammunition prices.

It is pure speculation for sure. Who knows what will happen to PPU prices.

Prvi is pretty much fixed in its position. For companies like ZQI (MKE, Turkey), they are establishing market share. Don't know what they offer for M1's, but don't expect to find 7.62x51mm for $9.98 a box (Wal-Mart used to carry it) much longer. Once they get established, I suspect their prices will be on par with Prvi and other players.

Last edited:
Definitely. A CMP Garand is almost always cheaper than the general market price. I think I paid $650 for my last Garand, and a few years later it's worth about $1000. Even without the recent shortage they are a sound investment.

I have promised myself a Garand with a new job or promotion. Thing is, I've been so close I can taste it only to fall short a number of times. [thinking]

Prvi is pretty much fixed in its position. For companies like ZQI (MKE, Turkey), they are establishing market share. Don't know what they offer for M1's, but don't expect to find 7.62x51mm for $9.98 a box (Wal-Mart used to carry it) much longer. Once they get established, I suspect their prices will be on par with Prvi and other players.

ZQI 308 and 223 if i recall is now made here state side. ZQI is running about 12$ a box now.

dont think ZQI mkes 30-06 and IMI did at one point but i have not seen it in the past few years

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom