So what are the laws on imports?

SKS Ray

NES Member
I don't know if many saw this post I made http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8938
about being wishing we could import from the Saiga company in Russia. But after talking to a few people and looking up dealers, I gotta know... just what are the laws on importation? Items like the Saiga 12 gauge in urban camo would probably be hot sellers here, and I know some companies are selling Saiga rifles again here in the US because I've seen several advertisers recently. The Dragunov style rifles they manufacture would also be a big hit among shooters and collectors.
So whats the deal on importation, and especially importation of these rifles into Massachusetts? I know about the whole bayonet lug, high cap magazine, etc. but the majority of these are 10 shot magazines with no bayonet lugs or flash hiders.
I want Saiga rifles damnit!

Costs and red tape on importing onsees, twosees are prohibitive (>$100) so only importing large quantities makes sense.

Yeah but they want too much money. I know a place that has them currently for $369.95 and even thats making a buck. Question is would an out of state dealer be able to ship one into Mass?

No restrictions other than the AWB/hi-cap mag stuff on long guns in MA.

So legal, yes. Many distributors/dealers refuse to do business in MA because they are too lazy or confused by all our laws and saber-rattling by the AG.

As a licensed importer i can tell you it is not worth the shipping cost and import fees unless you plan to import a container full of rifles/shotguns. And our past experience show Russian arsenals are looking for a large constant importer and not a one time sale.

Sorry to spoil your hopes.

Back
Top Bottom