So I'm wondering, again,,

TheWookie

Banned
I have this video from my days back in the Marine Corps with some random shooting related stuff on it. Is there any way to take what's on VHS video and put it on CD, and / or on my computer hard drive?

How much would that cost? And does anybody here do it or recommend someone who does?

If you help me, I might share some good footage of young girlie's from overseas....

I kid, I kid [laugh2]

Im fairly certain that I saw at one time a VCR/DVD burner combo that might do the trick, but its late, and I might just be hammered.

snapfish.com does stuff like that send them your un edited vhs and they send you back a edited dvd for like 35 bucks i think. my mother did it a fw months ago for her vacation.

snapfish.com does stuff like that send them your un edited vhs and they send you back a edited dvd for like 35 bucks i think. my mother did it a fw months ago for her vacation.

Thanks, I spoke to a guy yesterday that quoted me 150 bucks.

Ish's Roxio idea looks great! cheaper than $150...didn't read the link all the way through, though, do you need the Roxio software at an additional cost?

My father in law has transferred a number of video tapes to dvd using an off the shelf dvd recorder hooked up to his vcr.

some tips regarding vcr to dvd recording
http://hometheater.about.com/od/dvdrecorderfaqs/f/dvdrecgfaq2.htm

A quick search for dvd recorders on amazon showed the cheapest ones to run about $80

Last edited:
My mil has a dvd burner thing, where she can transfer vhs to dvd.. She did my wedding video not long ago.

Back
Top Bottom