• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smith or ruger 357

all of my guns are rugers, i love them all dearly, built like tanks and they will outlive me happily shooting ANY load i can come up with. i have fired smiths and they are very nice. i do love the trigger and the workmanship. many of the loads i work with cannot be fired in a smith because of the pressures. i would like a smith but i cannot justify the expense when a ruger does just fine.

I just got home from putting a few hundred rounds through my new 686 and I couldn't have made a better choice. Tight groups at 33 50 and 75 ft. What an amazing hand gun. I'm guessing either gun would have been a great choice but I have to say I love the smith!

I have a 4" GP100, my son has a 4" 686, both are excellent. I shoot ragged holes with both at 21 feet, single action with hefty handloads (both his and mine). Trigger on the Smith is marginally better in single action. Both seem about the same in double action.

In the end, I would trust my life and the lives of those I love to either.

I'm hot for a model 620 thses days. Its identical to a 686 but it does not have the full underlug.

I got my brother in law a 5" GP100 recently. Very nice gun. Very accurate. Trigger was rough out of the box but after a few hundred rounds of dry firing it, it smoothed right up.

Back
Top Bottom